What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I feel smart now because I understood everything. That's how good of a teacher this guy was. I have seen a couple of his other videos aswell. He is a very capable guy. By the way that f16 tumbling in the air was able to recover and this guy was in it :D
He is a remarkable man and a thorough professional. Astronaut candidate and a very diverse background. Takes a lot just to have a foreigner flying USAF F-16s in flight test squadrons.

Don't go by the intercept lights, these are MLUs, apparent by the lack of IFF antennas under the chin/intake.
I do not understand what you mean

I think iff antenna are in the f 16 nose

Jordanian_F-16_at_Azraq.jpg

antenler.jpg

1. IFF / AN/APX-113 IFF antenna
2. RHAWS ( Radar Homing And Warning Sensor )
3. Lightning Diverter Strip,
4. Pitot tube is used to calculate the speed of the aircraft.
5. TACAN ( Tactical Air Navigation ) antenna
6. AOA ( Angle of Attack )
7. Air data probe.
8. ALQ-178 ECM
9. UHF antenna

antenler.jpg

1. IFF / AN/APX-113 IFF antenna
2. RHAWS ( Radar Homing And Warning Sensor )
3. Lightning Diverter Strip,
4. Pitot tube is used to calculate the speed of the aircraft.
5. TACAN ( Tactical Air Navigation ) antenna
6. AOA ( Angle of Attack )
7. Air data probe.
8. ALQ-178 ECM
9. UHF antenna

The ADF birds had IFF antennae under the air-intake as well. These were removed after MLU. The picture of the Jordanian ADF F-16s posted by @Sahab does not show this extra array of antennae under the air intake which means that those are MLUed birds. The ADF Vipers we got from Jordan are not MLUed and still have these antenna.

49158255221_fa7432d9d8_b_d.jpg

49158475777_8ea2e98e8e_b_d.jpg

49158475707_2664a34d81_h_d.jpg

Last edited:
This is old news, circa 2012, but in case it wasnt posted here.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/t...tibility-testing-for-use-on-f16s-for-pakistan

AIDEWS completes EM compatibility testing for use on F-16s for Pakistan
CLIFTON, N.J., 21 Nov. 2012. The ITT Exelis (NYSE:XLS) Electronic Systems division, headquartered in Clifton, N.J., have completed electromagnetic compatibility testing of its advanced integrated defensive electronic warfare suite (AIDEWS) at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.

Skyler Frink
Nov 21st, 2012

CLIFTON, N.J., 21 Nov. 2012. The ITT Exelis (NYSE:XLS) Electronic Systems division, headquartered in Clifton, N.J., have completed electromagnetic compatibility testing of its advanced integrated defensive electronic warfare suite (AIDEWS) at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.

Six weeks of testing was performed on multiple radio frequency systems operating simultaneously in an F-16 carrying the AIDEWS pod. The team measured pod antenna patterns on the F-16, as well as system interoperability between the AIDEWS jamming pod, fire control radar and ALR-69 radar warning receiver.

The testing, part of the qualification process for the Pakistan F-16 upgrade program, was conducted to ensure AIDEWS will work with other systems integrated into the aircraft, and verify that the multiple systems will not interfere with one another. This chamber-based testing also helps to reduce the amount of flight testing needed to verify the electronic warfare system's performance, reducing the cost and time needed to qualify a system.

AIDEWS provides fighter aircraft with integrated radar warning and RF countermeasures and advanced stand-alone radar warning. The system uses a modular approach in an externally mounted pod, either for EW System upgrades or to add electronic warfare capability to an array of fighter aircraft. AIDEWS is built upon the ALQ-211 family of electronic warfare systems now in use to support U.S. and allied defense customers on many aircraft. The system is currently in full production with more than 160 systems under contract for six nations as part of the F-16 Foreign Military Sales program.

Sans DRFM. Grinds my gears to this day.

Well Spotted. They probably discuss tactics here. Just reaffirms how aware PAF is to the Mki challenge.

Hi,

For all these years---MKI has been THE CHALLENGE---they claimed it---we trained for it---.

When the time came---we were ready for it---but not ready enough---.

If we could have shot down those 6-7 escaping SU30's---the effect would have been momentous---.

In army term---when 1/3rd of an army division is destroyed---the whole of the division is basically finished---.

That would have broken the back of the enemy air force from which they could have never come out---.

6 SU30's being shot down by the JF17's---the enemy air force commanders would have committed suicide---. They would not have been able to show their faces in any excercizes with foreign countries---.

Last edited:
Hi,

For all these years---MKI has been THE CHALLENGE---they claimed it---we trained for it---.

If we could have shot down those 6-7 escaping SU30's---the effect would have been momentous---.

In army term---when 1/3rd of an army division is destroyed---the whole of the division is basically finished---.

That would have broken the back of the enemy air force from which they could have never come out---.

6 SU30's being shot down by the JF17's---the enemy air force commanders would have committed suicide---. They would not have been able to show their faces in any excercizes with foreign countries---.

Mastaan,

Please keep taking your meds otherwise your imagination goes haywire and you end up embarrassing yourself in front of all the kids on the forum. You move from one extreme opinion to another. Previously you use to say PAF cannot shoot down the enemy and now you say PAF did not shoot enough enemy.

Hi,

I totally agree paf should have taken those 6 iaf fighters down

They missed a golden opportunity

Yes I agree we do not want escalation etc but the opportunity to kill was there and they did not avail it. Two is a good number but that could have been 8 or 10 just imagine

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom