What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

IRC, apart from being a part of the strike package, the Thunders were also a part of the CAPs during the hostilities. There is an interview of one of those JF-17 drivers recalling how when they landed back their ground crews counted their missiles in hopes that the bird had danced with the Indians. I couldn't find the interview right now but I'll look again.

Edit:

Correction: Not quite sure that it was Operation Swift Retort itself or one of the missions preceding it. Nonetheless,

“One mission took place in the days following the Indian Air Force’s attempted strikes in Pakistan border region- at five in the night I took off in rain and low cloud with TS in the vicinity. Clouds were from 4,000 till 33,000 feet. Got out of clouds and controller reported two Su-30s ‘across the fence’. I targeted them at ranges beyond 50-60 NM but didn’t get authorisation to engage from controller, continued to grind above 32,000 flowing hot and cold 20-30NM from fence targeting the Su-30s. The IAF scrambled a total of six more Su-30s and finally I had eight Su-30s in front. Would turn hot and target each one in sequence from north to south (just spike them seeing whether they get lured in or not). After hitting texaco (air refuelling) returned to based amid rain and wet runway.. the first thing ground crew did was count the missiles.. gave a disappointed look once all were intact. the same profile continued for a couple of month but that first mission was an unbelievable experience.”

https://hushkit.net/2019/07/19/flyi...erview-with-pakistan-air-force-fighter-pilot/

Because they weren't needed.

since he got air refueling, it must by mirage or JFT. but since he engage 50-60NM tracking it must be JFT. Did SU-30 ever manged to lock him too in return after all they were 8 v/s assuming 2 JFT.

since he got air refueling, it must by mirage or JFT. but since he engage 50-60NM tracking it must be JFT. Did SU-30 ever manged to lock him too in return after all they were 8 v/s assuming 2 JFT.

He's a JF-17 driver alright, the article's title is "Flying & Fighting in the JF-17 Thunder: Interview with Pakistan Air Force fighter pilot". He didn't mention anything about being locked, probably was.

Last edited:
Some of the guys are unsure about Arrow's home base. They still think they are seen at Shahbaz due to pit stops on way to Mushaf or due to regular temporary detachments.

Per paf history book 2014

1 Shahab can only house 2 sqn
2 no 5 and no 11 are already part of new wing I think 39
3 new base in sindh is also putting up infrastructure for additional sqn

As of now 9 is the only fighter sqn besides support heli and ew in the 38 wing

Ccs is not part of wing but separate so doubt 9 has moved

And the same guy knows that even No 5 moved out of Shahbaz, temporarily earlier this year.

So what all sqn move around during the year but has permanent location plus war time location which changes all the time what’s so big about it

The only thing is new jf sqn should be in works and I am not sure which one and where 2019 early 2020

So what all sqn move around during the year but has permanent location plus war time location which changes all the time what’s so big about it

The only thing is new jf sqn should be in works and I am not sure which one and where 2019 early 2020
The big thing is the difference between deployment and vacting.

Recovering with that sweet CAP fit.
73276661_2569562853263191_2844133857640031424_n.jpg
PAFEN.png

I feel smart now because I understood everything. That's how good of a teacher this guy was. I have seen a couple of his other videos aswell. He is a very capable guy. By the way that f16 tumbling in the air was able to recover and this guy was in it :D

W can now develop 5 x FC1 in price of one latest tarmac toy. The amount of LFJDCC FCS input is 5X less for FC1.
and thus new f16 or any fourth gen western aircraft will never be brought by PAF ..as they arent worth 5 jf-17 with long term grantee access to spares and indigenous weapons..so unless this tarmac costs atleast no more than twice PAF wont go for it

This is old news, circa 2012, but in case it wasnt posted here.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/t...tibility-testing-for-use-on-f16s-for-pakistan

AIDEWS completes EM compatibility testing for use on F-16s for Pakistan
CLIFTON, N.J., 21 Nov. 2012. The ITT Exelis (NYSE:XLS) Electronic Systems division, headquartered in Clifton, N.J., have completed electromagnetic compatibility testing of its advanced integrated defensive electronic warfare suite (AIDEWS) at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.

Skyler Frink
Nov 21st, 2012

CLIFTON, N.J., 21 Nov. 2012. The ITT Exelis (NYSE:XLS) Electronic Systems division, headquartered in Clifton, N.J., have completed electromagnetic compatibility testing of its advanced integrated defensive electronic warfare suite (AIDEWS) at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.

Six weeks of testing was performed on multiple radio frequency systems operating simultaneously in an F-16 carrying the AIDEWS pod. The team measured pod antenna patterns on the F-16, as well as system interoperability between the AIDEWS jamming pod, fire control radar and ALR-69 radar warning receiver.

The testing, part of the qualification process for the Pakistan F-16 upgrade program, was conducted to ensure AIDEWS will work with other systems integrated into the aircraft, and verify that the multiple systems will not interfere with one another. This chamber-based testing also helps to reduce the amount of flight testing needed to verify the electronic warfare system's performance, reducing the cost and time needed to qualify a system.

AIDEWS provides fighter aircraft with integrated radar warning and RF countermeasures and advanced stand-alone radar warning. The system uses a modular approach in an externally mounted pod, either for EW System upgrades or to add electronic warfare capability to an array of fighter aircraft. AIDEWS is built upon the ALQ-211 family of electronic warfare systems now in use to support U.S. and allied defense customers on many aircraft. The system is currently in full production with more than 160 systems under contract for six nations as part of the F-16 Foreign Military Sales program.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom