What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Possibly CGI but certainly an interesting array of weaponry.

73179262_2652974534780166_5385233976606588928_n.jpg

I hope the 70/72 deal, for both new aircrafts and upgrades for the existing fleet, materialises soon now. That should keep IAF from any misadventures for the next decade and beyond. The next generation fighter should be ready by then.
I have heard that PAF is looking for a jet. 5th gen is not an an option now. They wont go for F 16s. Maybe Gripens, Mig 35 or J 10Cs

Vipers of Shahbaz are Block 52+s. Period!

Well their home base is Sargodha as we know it, i understand they stopped over in Shahbaz after returning from an International Exercise.
Sgd is too busy to house more jets...for now.

I have heard that PAF is looking for a jet. 5th gen is not an an option now. They wont go for F 16s. Maybe Gripens, Mig 35 or J 10Cs

Vipers of Shahbaz are Block 52+s. Period!
As long as Arrows are at Shahbaz I will call them same.Period!

P.s Paf acquiring a new jet is a Chuss news.

Edit:
@Syed Hammad Ahmed FYI I confirmed, Arrows are at Shahbaz permanently. @Windjammer

Last edited:
A PAF Pilot. He said PAF wants one. That jet probably is gonna be based in Bholari

He said PAF does not want 5th Gen AC, & that it also does not want more F-16s?

This is not to say that you are wrong but I am somewhat confused by what you said. Usually (or almost always) no one apart from the arms acquisition bureaucracy that exists within each branch of the military and the top civilian political and bureaucratic individuals involved in the defence decision-making process has any information on arms acquisition. At best, the trial and evaluation officers can tell you the options being evaluated but never the choice that will be made. But it is more probable that they wouldn't even tell you what is being evaluated as in many instances it could be tagged 'classified.' I have been around some highly placed senior PA, PAF, and PN officials and they weren't able to answer questions regarding acquisitions. This is similar to the rumours that I used to come across that 'some military or an intelligence officer told me Pakistan is rolling back its nuclear programme.' People need to consider not all military personnel know everything. On bureaucratic level, the military and defence ministry operates on strictly need to know basis.

Well their home base is Sargodha as we know it, i understand they stopped over in Shahbaz after returning from an International Exercise.

The Sqns rotate between the three bases with frequent visits to Minhas, or so I've heard anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom