What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

He said PAF does not want 5th Gen AC, & that it also does not want more F-16s?

This is not to say that you are wrong but I am somewhat confused by what you said. Usually (or almost always) no one apart from the arms acquisition bureaucracy that exists within each branch of the military and the top civilian political and bureaucratic individuals involved in the defence decision-making process has any information on arms acquisition. At best, the trial and evaluation officers can tell you the options being evaluated but never the choice that will be made. But it is more probable that they wouldn't even tell you what is being evaluated as in many instances it could be tagged 'classified.' I have been around some highly placed senior PA, PAF, and PN officials and they weren't able to answer questions regarding acquisitions. This is similar to the rumours that I used to come across that 'some military or an intelligence officer told me Pakistan is rolling back its nuclear programme.' People need to consider not all military personnel know everything. On bureaucratic level, the military and defence ministry operates on strictly need to know basis.
Dont want bcz they may not have funds/need now

Dont want bcz they may not have funds/need now

Not having funds is different from not wanting something, and needs just don't go away, certainly not the futuristic needs. Not wanting 5th Gen aircraft means shutting down the shop in the long run, and I am confident that PAF would jump on to more F-16s if the opportunity is provided. Based on the past and recent-past lengthy discussions on J-10C, Gripen and MiG-35 by some of the reliable members it is difficult to see them in PAF. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I have heard that PAF is looking for a jet. 5th gen is not an an option now. They wont go for F 16s. Maybe Gripens, Mig 35 or J 10Cs

Vipers of Shahbaz are Block 52+s. Period!
Chalo. Another leak by this or that! Yaar nothing is coming in the next 2-3 years except possibly older frames of 16s. So I will believe it when I see it.
J10 is a possibility though only if the block 3s do not perform upto expectations.
A

Last edited:
Chalo. Another leak by this or that! Yaar nothing is coming in the next 2-3 years except possibly older frames of 16s. So I will believe it when I see it.
J10 is a possibility though only if the block 3s do not perform upto expectations.
A

Question what news we have from PDF insiders regarding Block 3, considering in Operation Swift Retort no JFT was used - if they didn’t have confidence in this platform what expectations they’ll have for Block 3 another member states in another thread our Block 1 wouldn’t stand up to Tejas (even though not production).

Question what news we have from PDF insiders regarding Block 3, considering in Operation Swift Retort no JFT was used - if they didn’t have confidence in this platform what expectations they’ll have for Block 3 another member states in another thread our Block 1 wouldn’t stand up to Tejas (even though not production).
We didn't even get to use our Block-52s.....what does that tell us......however, the JF-17s were very much part of the operation.

65073162_2325838220989186_3182480314324746240_n.jpg

Arrows moved out of Sargodha years ago.

Also unlike Army units, PAF squadrons do not rotate on a regular basis since the assets are limited and operational requirements dictate all the moves.

? Not sure what it means ? What did I miss?

And the same guy knows that even No 5 moved out of Shahbaz, temporarily earlier this year.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

IRC, apart from being a part of the strike package, the Thunders were also a part of the CAPs during the hostilities. There is an interview of one of those JF-17 drivers recalling how when they landed back their ground crews counted their missiles in hopes that the bird had danced with the Indians. I couldn't find the interview right now but I'll look again.

Edit:

Correction: Not quite sure that it was Operation Swift Retort itself or one of the missions preceding it. Nonetheless,

“One mission took place in the days following the Indian Air Force’s attempted strikes in Pakistan border region- at five in the night I took off in rain and low cloud with TS in the vicinity. Clouds were from 4,000 till 33,000 feet. Got out of clouds and controller reported two Su-30s ‘across the fence’. I targeted them at ranges beyond 50-60 NM but didn’t get authorisation to engage from controller, continued to grind above 32,000 flowing hot and cold 20-30NM from fence targeting the Su-30s. The IAF scrambled a total of six more Su-30s and finally I had eight Su-30s in front. Would turn hot and target each one in sequence from north to south (just spike them seeing whether they get lured in or not). After hitting texaco (air refuelling) returned to based amid rain and wet runway.. the first thing ground crew did was count the missiles.. gave a disappointed look once all were intact. the same profile continued for a couple of month but that first mission was an unbelievable experience.”

https://hushkit.net/2019/07/19/flyi...erview-with-pakistan-air-force-fighter-pilot/

Good observation.... so why didn’t we use Block 52s???

Because they weren't needed.

Last edited:
Apart from being a part of the strike package, the Thunders were also a part of the CAP. There is an interview of one of those JF-17 drivers recalling how when they landed back their ground crews counted their missiles in hopes that the bird had danced with the Indians. I couldn't find the interview right now but I'll look again.

Because they weren't needed.
Its on hushkit.

Back
Top Bottom