What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I believe F16s r coming in good numbers thoughts ask for LM to move Pak or build a technical facility at Kamra

And what makes you think they are coming in good numbers ?

Sir we need more F16s J10 won't serve the purpose money is not an issue any more with CSF.India not buying theior jetts and after Bulgaria there r no more orders.
You know, if memory serves, not too long ago - similar statements were made.

After Bahrain there are no more orders.

Then came, after Slovakia there are no more orders.

Followed by, after Morocco there are no more orders.

Later it became, after Taiwan there are no more orders.

So it doesn't surprise me when I hear, after Bulgaria there are no more orders.

I read that the US was looking to sell F-16's to Colombia to counter Venezuela.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/07/1...-u-s-military-seeks-to-sell-arms-to-colombia/

I still believe that EU Nations that can't afford the F-35, will continue to purchase the modern F-16's. And then there is always: Egypt, the UAE, Oman that have a lot of faith in the F-16's.

I think a fair assessment is pretty obvious that India isn't going for any of the US Jets, be it F-18 or the F-16/F21.

Russia may turn a cheek on India procuring European equipment, but I doubt the trust will ever be the same if they bought something with the label 'Made in USA'.

You know, if memory serves, not too long ago - similar statements were made.

After Bahrain there are no more orders.

Then came, after Slovakia there are no more orders.

Followed by, after Morocco there are no more orders.

Later it became, after Taiwan there are no more orders.

So it doesn't surprise me when I hear, after Bulgaria there are no more orders.

I read that the US was looking to sell F-16's to Colombia to counter Venezuela.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/07/1...-u-s-military-seeks-to-sell-arms-to-colombia/

I still believe that EU Nations that can't afford the F-35, will continue to purchase the modern F-16's. And then there is always: Egypt, the UAE, Oman that have a lot of faith in the F-16's.

I think a fair assessment is pretty obvious that India isn't going for any of the US Jets, be it F-18 or the F-16/F21.

Russia may turn a cheek on India procuring European equipment, but I doubt the trust will ever be the same if they bought something with the label 'Made in USA'.
India latest is Mig 35 with isreal electronics and missles instead of F21or Hornets Bulgaria ordered only 8 blk 72 that's it.pak ties with US are reset and this time long term and also across the political spectrum meant Democrats as well its great news for Pak. Things r sorting out will take month or two but eventually will happen they know our romance with F16 s and F16 is till America s kamao putter with CSF release money is not an issue anymore Govt should add bit more and make one huge military package.

Last edited:
India latest is Mig 35 with isreal electronics and missles instead of F21or Hornets Bulgaria ordered only 8 blk 72 that's it.pak ties with US are reset and this time long term and also across the political spectrum meant Democrats as well its great news for Pak. Things r sorting out will take month or two but eventually will happen they know our romance with F16 s and F16 is till America s kamao putter with CSF release money is not an issue anymore Govt should add bit more and make one huge military package.
I'm certainly not contesting the points you've made, but I also do not believe the F-16 a dead-stick since you yourself termed it as a 'kamao putter' for the US. Yeah, it'd be great to get as many as we can - but I do not believe that Pakistan is their only option when there are deeper pockets.

I will say that (when) India officially rejects the F-21 - we should be first in line to get our hands on it. Unlike F-16, the F-21 doesn't require a boom for Air-to-Air refueling and so our IL-76 can accommodate it.

I'm certainly not contesting the points you've made, but I also do not believe the F-16 a dead-stick since you yourself termed it as a 'kamao putter' for the US. Yeah, it'd be great to get as many as we can - but I do not believe that Pakistan is their only option when there are deeper pockets.

I will say that (when) India officially rejects the F-21 - we should be first in line to get our hands on it. Unlike F-16, the F-21 doesn't require a boom for Air-to-Air refueling and so our IL-76 can accommodate it.
F16 blk 72 is even better than F35 in many ways we have a sizeable fleet we need local maintenance.With F21 along JF17 also project Azam I must say we r in safeside. Also we need to upgrade P3c Navy also looking jet powered Anti sub and recon system Cheif was US last visit Express desire for P8 So good times a head IA.

F16 blk 72 is even better than F35 in many ways we have a sizeable fleet we need local maintenance.
I'm not sure if I understand what you're implying in regard to the F-35 (JSF). Are you stating that the F-16 is better on a whole than the F-35, or for us (PAF), F-16 makes more sense since we've got knowledge, experience & obviously in numbers...

I have raised questions on the F-21 in the past in this Thread & the Questions thread. What exactly does it bring to the table other than the conventional F-16 (Block 72) & what exactly is the difference in price tag between the two?

---------------------

After I posted this, @Khafee dropped a F-16 Block 72 bomb on new Topic - so lets forget the whole F-21 discussion...

Last edited:
America warming up to us is only cuz of Afghanistan. The rest of the game US has set up in the region vis a vis Iran-Saudi-Israel is too confrontational and just asking for war.

This might very well be just another transaction US does with Pakistan. We need to be careful.

Upgrade to V-Config without purchase of newer plane or with purchase of older plane with v upgrade is far more better option/deal then with purchase of newer plane unless it's heavily subsidized or part payment through CSF.

if f16s are available govt should bit the dust and go for one time big purchase..t129 and everything esle comes second, these windows dont open up again and again, however, only if it is subsidized(FMS) otherwise better to just get a less restrictive plateform..

a 2005-6 deal of 55 F16c/d with 36 new and 30 old would be great but i doubt USA will offer used EDA stock ones..their isnt much lobbying for used ones...as it more attractive for USA if another nations gets new ones..they even blocked the used ones to NATO alley Croatia to force them to buy new ones

Back
Top Bottom