What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Once proposed to create an LC and then a Bank will issue guarantee whereby amount will be released upon delivery of product while till then, it remains with Bank. Don't know why but never pushed hard for it.
Sir, These deals, do not work this way.

Like I said earlier, even before the manufacturer moves, you put down a down payment, and then as per the stages of production you pay. Final Amt is before delivery.

Once proposed to create an LC and then a Bank will issue guarantee whereby amount will be released upon delivery of product while till then, it remains with Bank. Don't know why but never pushed hard for it.

Just adding to what you are saying mate. The nature of contracts has become complex. The foremost is the way the contract is written between the seller and the buyer, and the bank is simply the facilitator and implementer of the contract. If the contract can clearly specify the dollar amount of installments and the amount of final payment and when it is made.

Another important aspect that the buyer seriously needs to consider is buying 'Premium Insurance' to cover its purchase. Here is a small example, when I buy using Paypal, I am insured in case the product does not arrive or is defective and so on. Insurance is an additional expense, but the Government of Pakistan needs to take out insurance to ensure product delivery.

Yeah, those days of blocking the NATO supply are, but what's to prevent Pakistan from putting a wrench in their further Afghanistan plans...

Lets face it, even the US (Congress & Senate included) know that this time around we're not desperate for their equipment & can walk away from the table empty handed.

A repeat is not on the cards, no matter how big of a fan one could be of the US & their shift in policies.
Hence we need to see how well the cards are played.
A

If we had the option of Payment upon Delivery back in the 90's, we wouldn't have been screwed over.

Lets see what the future holds.
But we had PPP nincunmpoops handling the affairs. Even if we had not put down our own payment and asked for a loan instead of showing off this would have been dealt with. Anyways once bitten twice shy.
A

Last edited:
I would like to say try the lease to buy option if available, but then I will be reminded of Brooke / Garcia lease deal.

I would like to say try the lease to buy option if available, but then I will be reminded of Brooke / Garcia lease deal.
NO WAY!!!. LEASING IS most stupidiest way; you enrich the middlemen.

Sir, These deals, do not work this way.

Like I said earlier, even before the manufacturer moves, you put down a down payment, and then as per the stages of production you pay. Final Amt is before delivery.
Let us leave it; you dont see what i am trying to say.

The Brooke & what deal o_O ?!!
Brooke and Garcia class US frigates were leased to PN. They wer taken back on expiry of term( Cant remember whether the term was completed or they were unceremoniously taken back ) by US in spite of fact they would not have played any major role in the USN. PN desperately went out looking for replacements and bought the 6 type 21s from UK.
A

5 year lease and were returned at the end of lease as Pentagon couldn't get approval to re-new or expand the lease. Not sure what all the skinny behind the deal was, as to what PN was thinking, was it that US will hand over to PN after 5 years as aid ? huge set back for PN.

Fancy ordering a F-16 t-shirt...

Checkout: https://checksixstore.com/#shop

They have some great designs of all your favorite Aircrafts (Past & Present):

General Dynamics F-16 (Fighting Falcon)
f16_fighting_falcon_2sided.jpg

Lockheed Martin F-16 (Viper)
f16_viper_2sided.jpg

Now, they have some great designs. I personally loved...:
1. Lockheed U-2 (Dragon Lady).
2. Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II (Warthog)...ofcourse
3. Lockheed F-117 (Nighthawk) - Absolutely stunning design.
4. Eurofighter Typhoon - I wished they had done this design for the F-16.

Brooke & Garcia class USN frigates, which were leased to PN, for 5yrs.

If my memory serves me right they arrived in 1988 ~1989.
Will Pak get any fighter jet deal from US?? Where US and GCC relations stands after house block 8.1 billion deal??

I have a query.

The F-16 Blocks 25,32,42 & 52 have the NSI (Normal Shock Inlet) Intake called "Smallmouth" Intake.
These are the blocks which have the Pratt & Whitney engines.

The F-16 Blocks 30,40 & 50 have the MCID (Modular Common Inlet Duet) Intake called "Bigmouth" Intake.
These are the blocks which have the General Electric engines.

upload_2019-7-20_8-33-11.png

file.php

Shouldn't this affect the RCS of these two separate block series?

Last edited:
I have a query.

The F-16 Blocks 25,32,42 & 52 have the NSI (Normal Shock Inlet) Intake called "Smallmouth" Intake.

The F-16 Blocks 30,40 & 50 have the MCID (Modular Common Inlet Duet) Intake called "Bigmouth" Intake.

View attachment 570007

The overall area cross section remains the same. Hence no affect on RCS.

I have a query.

View attachment 570007

file.php

Very interesting question!

Head on - there is a slight diff in RCS, sideways & rear remain the same.

Back
Top Bottom