What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

F16 will always have importance because its a medium catergery jet as compared to light weight thunder almost 50% larger and almost double range for C/D with CFTs

Best bet PAF can make if it get a deal like Indonesia where Indonesia payed for refurbishing of 24 C/Ds for 700m. But i doubt this will happen

Second best will be to acquire surplus a/bs from Europe again USA will block them

Last option is to consider buying new ones...doubt paf think its worth it..cost is too much with no real freedom with limited strike and anti ship package
F-16 is a better air to air fighter and also a better bomber than JF-17. This is why it's important for us. Our airforce should go for block 72 upgrade

F-16 is a better air to air fighter and also a better bomber than JF-17. This is why it's important for us. Our airforce should go for block 72 upgrade

Considering Greece and Moroccan upgrade Pakistan need to expend nearly 2.5 billion dollar to upgrade to V standard.

5c9639fbaa57f.jpg

A Turkish fighter jet performs an aerobatic stunt during a military parade to mark Pakistan Day

F16 will always have importance because its a medium catergery jet as compared to light weight thunder almost 50% larger and almost double range for C/D with CFTs

Best bet PAF can make if it get a deal like Indonesia where Indonesia payed for refurbishing of 24 C/Ds for 700m. But i doubt this will happen

Second best will be to acquire surplus a/bs from Europe again USA will block them

Last option is to consider buying new ones...doubt paf think its worth it..cost is too much with no real freedom with limited strike and anti ship package
PAF was looking for Belgian F-16's in 2003. The Belgians were interested to sell them. The same thing happened that usually does happen in case of F-16's. Belgians however used an easy way out by giving a statement like this ,
"In the light of the tension between Pakistan and India the sale of F-16s to Pakistan would be unacceptable," the Flemish Greens party has told the Belgian government." (2003)
It was furthermore said that "the Belgian government will have to consult other EU member states before seeking permission from the US administration for the F-16 sale deal with Pakistan."
Belgians still have a few F-16's lying around to be replaced by F-35.

Im surprised how did the Jordanian ADF's slip into PAF.

Last edited:
PAF was looking for Belgian F-16's in 2003. The Belgians were interested to sell them. The same thing happened that usually does happen in case of F-16's. Belgians however used an easy way out by giving a statement like this ,
"In the light of the tension between Pakistan and India the sale of F-16s to Pakistan would be unacceptable," the Flemish Greens party has told the Belgian government." (2003)
It was furthermore said that "the Belgian government will have to consult other EU member states before seeking permission from the US administration for the F-16 sale deal with Pakistan."
Belgians still have a few F-16's lying around to be replaced by F-35.

Im surprised how did the Bahraini ADF's slip into PAF.

There are always politics involved in military sales, so its nothing surprising. Pakistan does not have any meaningful trade with these countries so its not surprising the politicians will pay little head to PAF's needs vs their own electoral prerogatives.

And I think you meant Jordanian not Bahrain? Those ADF F-16s had come from the USAF stock ... and even if they were ex-European birds, once transferred out of their hands into Jordanian ones, only US would have a say in any future transfer or sale of those birds.

There are always politics involved in military sales, so its nothing surprising. Pakistan does not have any meaningful trade with these countries so its not surprising the politicians will pay little head to PAF's needs vs their own electoral prerogatives.

And I think you meant Jordanian not Bahrain? Those ADF F-16s had come from the USAF stock ... and even if they were ex-European birds, once transferred out of their hands into Jordanian ones, only US would have a say in any future transfer or sale of those birds.
Yes i edited, Jordanian, not Bahriani :-)

Yes i edited, Jordanian, not Bahriani :-)
Waiting on the next batch of jordianian f-16s to show up. Someone said in July this year but could be rumours - all hinges on a thank you for afghan peace talks coming to fruition.

No keep watching more American jets will come
yes, post afghan peace talks.

Waiting on the next batch of jordianian f-16s to show up. Someone said in July this year but could be rumours - all hinges on a thank you for afghan peace talks coming to fruition.

yes, post afghan peace talks.
I would much rahter the AH1Zs came to PAA. I think with US Pak politics quickly moving in opposite directions the 16s could become a liability.
A

Back
Top Bottom