What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

If and big if , paf go for another batch of new fighters from USA, they should go for super hornet in numbers. Buy used f-16 and upgrade

Why not invest the money in JF 17 Block III - something you developed and fully understand? In the event of war (God forbid), the birds that you developed are what is gonna secure your victory.

It's almost certain IA Exxon is not stupid. But tone of Trump says all we need to increase the size of all armed forces.
amerkia k jahaz lainey sey behter ha bunda mig 21 ley ley. Atleast mig 21 full functions k sath tou mily ga. (light note)

Why not invest the money in JF 17 Block III - something you developed and fully understand? In the event of war (God forbid), the birds that you developed are what is gonna secure your victory.
F16 will always have importance because its a medium catergery jet as compared to light weight thunder almost 50% larger and almost double range for C/D with CFTs

Best bet PAF can make if it get a deal like Indonesia where Indonesia payed for refurbishing of 24 C/Ds for 700m. But i doubt this will happen

Second best will be to acquire surplus a/bs from Europe again USA will block them

Last option is to consider buying new ones...doubt paf think its worth it..cost is too much with no real freedom with limited strike and anti ship package

Make structural/design changes to JFT to make it bigger.

Or atleast add CFTs
F16 will always have importance because its a medium catergery jet as compared to light weight thunder almost 50% larger and almost double range for C/D with CFTs

Best bet PAF can make if it get a deal like Indonesia where Indonesia payed for refurbishing of 24 C/Ds for 700m. But i doubt this will happen

Second best will be to acquire surplus a/bs from Europe again USA will block them

Last option is to consider buying new ones...doubt paf think its worth it..cost is too much with no real freedom with limited strike and anti ship package

Make structural/design changes to JFT to make it bigger.

Or atleast add CFTs
Engine is the limitation
If new rd 93 ma or ws13 is available than indeed a single pod hard point addition and CFTs will change the whole program and blunt the need for f16s

Last edited:
Yes. IRST, CFT, AESA radar and HMDS basically give a JFT which is comparable to F16V/Block 70. Excluding the obvious size difference i.e F16 being medium. And JFT having dimensions slightly between light and medium fighter.
Engine is the limitation
If new rd 93 ma or was 13is available than indeed a single pod hard point addition and CFTs will change the whole program and blunt the need for f16s

Alao a few days ago I was listening to AM Shahid Latif saying when JFT program started and he was heading it. The JFT team wanted it be like in a Block configuration. Bcz of the experience gained from Block 15/30/52. So JFT can be updated with latest features as time goes on.
In this video he talks about block building. And as far as I remember he also mentioned how JFT as open source codes and is able to integrate basically any weapon system.

It's biggest oil filed in Asia so Exxon is involve our relationship with US and EU is about to change for good.Pak should and will procure more weapons systems from US I feel it could be F15 or F18 as well along F16s beacuse we need heavier jet as well.

These off-shore fields are on OGA records for last quarter of a century. Its not by chance Exxon, former standard oil of rockerfella's has released data in last few months. @MastanKhan @Oscar @AllOthers.

It's biggest oil filed in Asia so Exxon is involve our relationship with US and EU is about to change for good.Pak should and will procure more weapons systems from US I feel it could be F15 or F18 as well along F16s beacuse we need heavier jet as well.

Apg 68 v9 supports 6 on 6 bvr shots so 6 bvr is an option if needed
Talking of these!
L9uqiJ2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom