What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

F-16 EW observations and questions.

There are 26 ECM pods, ALQ-131 for F-16's MLU.
1. Can these be used to cover other aircrafts, since brochure mention self protection.
2. Carried on an external pylon?

There are 36 ECM Pods, AN/ALQ-211(V)9 advanced integrated defensive electronic warfare system (AIDEWS) for F-16 Block 52+.
1. I am guessing its combined with DRFM capability?
2.Only 18 have been acquired since PAF has 18 aircraft of 52+ standard?
3. Used for self defence only or can cover other aircraft in vicinity?

Also, do the F-16 Block 52+ possess DRFM capability or the MLU also?

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.co...es-upgrades-weapons-for-pakistans-f16s-02396/

Hi,

There are bottles of corked champagne bottles sitting in the meeting room at Lockmart waiting for the corks to be popped for the confirmation of the news that the F16 took out the SU30---yessir---.
If we wise enough then use sheikhs faloos and convince LM to come Pak made in Pak F21 jet would be iceing the cake by the way Trump is mulling trade terrifs over india very soon.i think LM knows the kill

1. Can these be used to cover other aircrafts, since brochure mention self protection.

There are 36 ECM Pods, AN/ALQ-211(V)9 advanced integrated defensive electronic warfare system (AIDEWS) for F-16 Block 52+.

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.co...es-upgrades-weapons-for-pakistans-f16s-02396/
@Quwa

Dont underestimate indian lobbying they might put another embargo on Pakistan ..we need strong lobbying
They need us more badly than ever so forgot about sanctions.plus it won't effect PAK can arrange sapres from different countries plus at this situation when Trump imposing tarrifs over india very soon. So no chance

They need us more badly than ever so forgot about sanctions.plus it won't effect PAK can arrange sapres from different countries plus at this situation when Trump imposing tarrifs over india very soon. So no chance
USA is important source of weapons, Pakistan needs the cobras used f16s and EDA stock equipment..that will be the issue, an unofficial embargo is already in place but i expect things to become available with Afghanistan withdrawal but that availability is under threat if congress steps in and pass a bill to stop the executive to give Pakistan EDA equipment..

so my point is that the expected equipment which we should get is under threat from indian lobbying

fact that republicans have executive and democrats congress doesn't help either

As per the details of the contract, all ECM pods come without DRFM. Some of the more knowledgeable members may have a better explanation to this. Attached is the source for further information.

IIRC the EW just jams, it doesn't necessarily mean only the aircraft using it is protected. If the radar is jammed, it's jammed. But that said, I imagine the JF-17s would have EW pods too, thereby creating a dense EW environment with the F-16s.

As per the details of the contract, all ECM pods come without DRFM. Some of the more knowledgeable members may have a better explanation to this. Attached is the source for further information.

According to WikiLeaks the US eventually gave the PAF DRFM. Even the JF-17's EW pod probably has DRFM.

USA is important source of weapons, Pakistan needs the cobras used f16s and EDA stock equipment..that will be the issue, an unofficial embargo is already in place but i expect things to become available with Afghanistan withdrawal but that availability is under threat if congress steps in and pass a bill to stop the executive to give Pakistan EDA equipment..

so my point is that the expected equipment which we should get is under threat from indian lobbying

fact that republicans have executive and democrats congress doesn't help either
Nothing will happen don't worry

IIRC the EW just jams, it doesn't necessarily mean only the aircraft using it is protected. If the radar is jammed, it's jammed. But that said, I imagine the JF-17s would have EW pods too, thereby creating a dense EW environment with the F-16s.

According to WikiLeaks the US eventually gave the PAF DRFM. Even the JF-17's EW pod probably has DRFM.

The Elint platforms/pods are the key to any furture engagement especially with better platforms (Rafale) and S400 on the way.

A 'self protection' pod sounds similar to SPECTRA. Now I don't know whether it is as advanced as SPECTRA, but if it is, it is likely just for protecting itself. A general purpose jammer would paint itself like a beacon for BVRs, which is why such aircrafts are usually twin engine, or better still, turboprops.

If we wise enough then use sheikhs faloos and convince LM to come Pak made in Pak F21 jet would be iceing the cake by the way Trump is mulling trade terrifs over india very soon.i think LM knows the kill
The idea is good but the gain out of it is going to be very costly. The price per unit may well cross 200million as infrastructure will have to be set up. The US will have reservations with re=gards to Chinese influence over Paklands so will thy hand out their tech to us? Lastly the Chinese will get pissed big time. We have told them we want J10 and now set up shop for the 16s. Frankly I think for Pakistan other than old 16s the door to furhter procurement is now closed.
My analysis so take it or leave it.
A

The idea is good but the gain out of it is going to be very costly. The price per unit may well cross 200million as infrastructure will have to be set up. The US will have reservations with re=gards to Chinese influence over Paklands so will thy hand out their tech to us? Lastly the Chinese will get pissed big time. We have told them we want J10 and now set up shop for the 16s. Frankly I think for Pakistan other than old 16s the door to furhter procurement is now closed.
My analysis so take it or leave it.
A

I agree, PAF need to focus on JFT blk 3 full swing ahead and project AZM

The Indians could not shoot down the F16, but they are trying to ground it via their American friends.

War exists at multiple locations, it is not just about shooting something down.

The Indians could not shoot down the F16, but they are trying to ground it via their American friends.

War exists at multiple locations, it is not just about shooting something down.
Nothing will ground marks my words F16 r paid by Pak with Pak money plus pak can use them for her defence. It's propaganda like F16 shot down. If venders and Govt start play politics nobody will buy theior systems and they not cheap..

I agree, PAF need to focus on JFT blk 3 full swing ahead and project AZM
If we get EF new and used would be nice as well

Back
Top Bottom