What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

is this an upgraded F-16 at PAC, it seems quite a few of the airframe parts got replaced. was this example damaged?
There is nothing that says parts were changed. You can't just change the wing of an aircraft, it would cost the price of the aircraft at this point in its life. They must've done some major maintenance and stripped the parts of paint

This might have been skin replacement as they can be replaced to increase airframe life. This is 602 one of the initial batch that arrived in 1983 its structural life could have been coming to end thats why it received structural upgrade.

18557425_325808527866982_6042980538117672400_n.jpg

i think the issue is objection from USA on used f-16s and lack of complete independence to integrate own weapons like we had with mirage5/3.
I find that hard to believe. You have the technical expertise to be able to reverse engineer any code; the premise that if you will fail to get any upgrades if you ever try to customise is long passe. Anyone who works in this field knows that once you get hold of any system, the first thing you have to get done is to dump their entire code and understand what it is doing; it is not quantum physics.

I find that hard to believe. You have the technical expertise to be able to reverse engineer any code; the premise that if you will fail to get any upgrades if you ever try to customise is long passe. Anyone who works in this field knows that once you get hold of any system, the first thing you have to get done is to dump their entire code and understand what it is doing; it is not quantum physics.
Sadly, the U.S. imposed quite a few restrictions on the PAF's F-16s (for IP sensitivities vis-a-vis China). I was also told by some retired PAF people that the PAF leadership was also reluctant to customize the F-16s outside of what has been done by the U.S. defence industry. In the 1980s the PAF had integrated the ATLIS targeting pod, but since then it has been on the hook for relatively steep support fees.

Further to that, there are some supply-side issues from the U.S. on hardware that isn't strictly relevant to COIN. Knowing the PAF's history (with used jets), it is wildly curious that the PAF has not pursued any used F-16s from the U.S. It almost certainly seems like there are supply-side issues from the U.S.

Sadly, the U.S. imposed quite a few restrictions on the PAF's F-16s (for IP sensitivities vis-a-vis China). I was also told by some retired PAF people that the PAF leadership was also reluctant to customize the F-16s outside of what has been done by the U.S. defence industry. In the 1980s the PAF had integrated the ATLIS targeting pod, but since then it has been on the hook for relatively steep support fees.

Further to that, there are some supply-side issues from the U.S. on hardware that isn't strictly relevant to COIN. Knowing the PAF's history (with used jets), it is wildly curious that the PAF has not pursued any used F-16s from the U.S. It almost certainly seems like there are supply-side issues from the U.S.
which direct us back to basic question, why did PAF opted for new f-16s back in 2006-07 if f-16 was having so many restrictions, there should have been a better negotiated deal with more freedom back in 2007

which direct us back to basic question, why did PAF opted for new f-16s back in 2006-07 if f-16 was having so many restrictions, there should have been a better negotiated deal with more freedom back in 2007

Hi,

For the reasons that I have talked about for years---they are sellouts---.

Members have been fighting with me for a decade now---slowly they are begining to believe that there are traitors leading in the Paf

Back
Top Bottom