What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Jordanian 13 ac plus sqn support gse and one simulator costed approx 75 million with average life of 3000 hours, totAl life of f7p is 24-2800 hours .. ;) nothing beats that

Even if it's not mlued they provide excellent aa role and day ag role

Last edited:
A rare close up of a PAF Viper tanking with USAF KC-135 during Red Flag.

800px-100721-N-8931W-031.jpg

A rare close up of a PAF Viper tanking with USAF KC-135 during Red Flag.

View attachment 414042
csc.JPG
anatolian eagle

My picture and it shows an armed Block-52D over rugged terrain of Afghan border on Taliban Hunt.
With more JF-17s adopting the ADA role, the F-16 fleet is polishing up on their ground strike capabilities.....hence some of the Vipers permanently carry the laser pods.

View attachment 413062
what do u mean by term "my picture"..?

wish could find these photos in full size..i do have contact with a turkish viper pilot but maybe he want be of use

Every wise Military strategist here can calculate that IAF will never go for F-16s. Trump is aggressive but still selling new AH-1Z Vipers and I am sure if this time negotiated well will gonna release 28 or so remaining F-16s to Pakistan. Also, USAF might be retiring some Block-15s - so will PAF going to avail it?

Every wise Military strategist here can calculate that IAF will never go for F-16s. Trump is aggressive but still selling new AH-1Z Vipers and I am sure if this time negotiated well will gonna release 28 or so remaining F-16s to Pakistan. Also, USAF might be retiring some Block-15s - so will PAF going to avail it?
but the deal is so sweet that essentailly this has blocked f-16 for us for the time being and thus therefore we will not get any new
real question is why are we not able to get older f-16s, they are available all over the world especially in Europe, i think the problem is USA approval or PAF reluctance to get f-16s from other sources

i am sure USA would have no issues on new f-16s but older ones are going to be released only on favours

Used F-16s should be a natural option. The Block-32 can have engine commonality with the Block-52 and studies are underway at LM for structural replenishment, even for the Block-30/32 (via TAI). They would be an affordable buy even on the PAF's budget. It's curious that the PAF hasn't pushed or been able to make inroads on that front.
one example is the Indonesian deal of 24 f-16c/d B 52 @700 million.
i mean i am surprised why nothing happened on used f-16 front
way back in 2004 the original deal did consisted mix of used and new f-16s as well, which was later reduced from 55 to just 18
I would say a military dictator/leadership did successfully push alot for defense deals aggressively and was able to get most of the equipment Pakistan needed

but the deal is so sweet that essentailly this has blocked f-16 for us for the time being and thus therefore we will not get any new
real question is why are we not able to get older f-16s, they are available all over the world especially in Europe, i think the problem is USA approval or PAF reluctance to get f-16s from other sources

i am sure USA would have no issues on new f-16s but older ones are going to be released only on favours

way back in 2004 the original deal did consisted mix of used and new f-16s as well, which was later reduced from 55 to just 18
I would say a military dictator/leadership did successfully push alot for defense deals aggressively and was able to get most of the equipment Pakistan needed

And we should have quickly made good on those deals. Today, we stand accused of back-stabbing and dishonesty by the back-stabbers and dishonest Americans. This is the beginning of a campaign of maligning people's image that usually results in war. Example: the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction. We need to get proactive in countering this narrative.

I am also very surprised there is no traction especially when it was on record they were going to get a second batch from Jordan. Has that deal dissolved? As you note there are plenty of used f-16s; by now there is no reason why PAC would not have mastered complete maintenance like they did with Mirages to be able to work with TAI and build internal expertise.

I am also very surprised there is no traction especially when it was on record they were going to get a second batch from Jordan. Has that deal dissolved? As you note there are plenty of used f-16s; by now there is no reason why PAC would not have mastered complete maintenance like they did with Mirages to be able to work with TAI and build internal expertise.
i think the issue is objection from USA on used f-16s and lack of complete independence to integrate own weapons like we had with mirage5/3.

Back
Top Bottom