What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

SU35 v. F16

The U.S. Air Force does not use the F-16 primarily as an air superiority fighter—the air-to-air mission is secondary—the AESA is needed to keep the venerable jet relevant. With an AESA, the F-16 could probably hold its own against the Su-35 at longer ranges—but it would still be a challenge.

At shorter ranges, it comes down to pilot skill and the performance of each jet’s high off-boresight missiles. The advent of missiles like the R-73 and AIM-9X have turned visual range fights into mutually assured destruction scenarios. Mutual kills are not uncommon during training sorties. While the Su-35’s thrust vectoring gives it an edge at very low speeds (mind you, low speeds mean a low energy state), it’s not an insurmountable problem for an expert F-16 pilot—who knows how to exploit his or her aircraft to the fullest—to overcome.

The bottom line is that the Su-35 and the other advanced Flankers are extremely capable aircraft. The Pentagon’s fourth-generation fighter fleet no longer enjoys a massive technological advantage as they did in years past. The United States must invest in next-generation fighters to replace the existing fleet as soon as possible.

India trains against F16 of Singapore.
Isnt this a great leap forward for IAF

India trains against F16 of Singapore.
Isnt this a great leap forward for IAF

Singapore doesn't use the same combat tactics as PAF every country is has its own training . Plus PAF trains with other nations as well same could be said about IAF both AF's have a good decent idea of each others tactics .

Singapore doesn't use the same combat tactics as PAF every country is has its own training . Plus PAF trains with other nations as well same could be said about IAF both AF's have a good decent idea of each others tactics .
True,only difference is that IAF have been training against the F16 Blk52s at a daily basis since 2007-8.

new eagles of PAF
Two-seater F-16B Fighting Falcon serial number 92622 and single-seater F-16A Fighting Falcon serial number 92731 were delivered to Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in July/August 2015.

The two F-16s on their delivery flight to Pakistan were seen at Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal, in July/August 2015.

Following photo shows F-16B Fighting Falcon serial number 92622 departing from Lajes on August 3, 2015, for delivery flight to Pakistan. Pakistan flag on vertical stabiliser is covered with temporary USAF roundel sticker
Delivery of these F-16s to Pakistan was delayed due to military sanctions imposed by USA in 1990s.
View attachment 256679 View attachment 256680 View attachment 256681

source of news is

imran sir
senior member of defence.pk

I think the 14 remaining F-16s are arriving from USA and also heard that 3 more F-16s arrived from Jordan as well.

IAF cant even train on SU-30MKI on daily bases because it is grounded on daily bases let alone train against F-16.... loser.

Easy there m8,hold on to high your horses.Now,to get on to the point,calling me a loser will not change the ground reality,boyo.By the way,the word you oughtta say was 'basis',not 'bases'!!
PS.Here are the evidence :
RSAF to use Indian airbase for F-16 training
&
India to Continue Extending Training Facilities to Singapore Air Force

Now suck on this Mr 'winner'. :D

Last edited:
By the way,the word your oughtta say was 'basis',not 'bases'!!

If we are being particular about spellings and grammar, the bold part should be phrased "you ought to use 'basis' instead of 'bases'"!.

First be flawless yourself and then point out other's mistakes.

No offence intended!

If we are being particular about spellings and grammar, the bold part should be phrased "you ought to use 'basis' instead of 'bases'"!.

First be flawless yourself and then point out other's mistakes.

No offence intended!

None taken brother,rest assured.By the way,I ain't no grammar nazi,cause had I had I been one,I would have never intentionally used such casual chat lingo in the first place!!But what you need to keep in mind,that it did not in any way alter or affect the meaning of my statement,where as his use of 'bases' in place of 'basis' rendered his whole argument a pointless gibberish,see the difference here??You just can not compare both.

Thread not to be derailed with Vs India match.

Plz refrain from dick measuring contest

Had no such intention,your country man went straight for personal attack and name calling.Anyway,I'm outta here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom