What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

There is no alternative but J10B. We cannot afford it nor will they provide us. Please try to convince me that there is an alternative ;)

Barman what American money does India have. We have indian money generated by Indian companies we don't get handouts like pakistanis

Without a proper GDP and proper economy your military will remain ill equipped and weak. Only the big rich nations can afford real modern hardware....youpeople are tterrible weak financially

Torn Force , we see that you are going back to your trolling habits be careful and as I always have told you before always remember where you are when you are here . And for your information Pakistan's armed forces are not weak from anywhere just go ask your indian gov and get a mind awakening .

Last edited:
From my view i believe Typhoon was a much better option for PAF, since it was a Pan European collaboration, the potential for growth in that fighter is immense, not looking at the export customers. Remember, Rafale has yet to sign a foreign deal. The hulla bulla around IAF MMRCA doesn't count until it is actually signed.

But then reality strikes. As of now, Pakistan has no money to dish out on billions of Rafale or Typhoons. Unless PAF can secure a loan akin to the SAAB ERIEYE deal from a foreign bank. But given PAF's recent fiasco, it might be bit hard.

If my personal views counted for anything, F-16 is the best bet, with MLU, but then US-PAK relations are so poor now.

A fully armed and upgraded F-16 can take on anything Typhoon or Rafale could throw at it. Above all, F-16s are combat tested. The problem is, since 1990s, F-16s have become something like a bitter success for PAF.

Also F-16 are less expensive to maintain than either typhoon or rafael.

It is better to utilize and improve the experience we already have with F-16 then to begin from scrath with Typhoon or Rafael.

Barman what American money does India have. We have indian money generated by Indian companies we don't get handouts like pakistanis

Without a proper GDP and proper economy your military will remain ill equipped and weak. Only the big rich nations can afford real modern hardware....youpeople are tterrible weak financially

Economies around the glob are facing economic crisis. This is not something unique. Even American are reducing force because of the same problem. Indian economy is also suffering from slow down.

What is a proper GDP care to explain.

We are not getting free US money. A large portion of it if not all is money paid to us for using our land, air and sea routes for US and Allied forces stationed in Afghanistan. We might be weak at the moment but this shall not last for ever.

Yet you cannot win from Pakistan... The moment foreign cash goes out you are crashing badly... Just look what happened a few months ago... USA cash went back (fear that FED would stop assistance) and look what happened to your rupieeeee...

I do not mind being weaker or stupid but sometimes arrogance makes me puke.

Saudia has indeed billions and is sponsoring terrorism like no other. 911, Al Qaida, fundametalism or Osama... It is all Saudia. They earned trillions yet import like no other weapons and are they capable to fly or maintain them? Just look in their hangars.

Indian air force has nothing besides Su-30, MiG-29, Mirage 2000, MiG-21, Jaguar, MiG-27. :woot: Pakistan is 2nd biggest Muslim majority country after Indonesia, too important for America to ignore. :-)

Pakistan air force's next fighter jet, J-10B, is far more advanced than Su-30MKI. :-)

Hi,

J10B is nowhere close to the SU30 MKI.

Sir---your driver has to fly the J 10 B for about 10 years to claim getting anything close to a SU30 driver.

And not tesat flights----but actual deployment . Your pilots need that much time period to somewhat compete against the SU30's.

Remember---the su 30 has been actively flown for the last 10 plus years---full time. It takes years and years to learn your aircraft---.

You just cannot simply negate the flying capabilities of the su30 pilots and the capabilities of the su30 aircraft just because you want to say so----or the J10 did some thing that was staged.

406519_506217282722532_969274435_n.jpg

Folks the discussion is going somewhere else, you can discuss J-10 in J-10 Thread or come comparison Thread. But I would add somethings.

As for Typhoons and Rafales we don't have a great team to negotiate that is why in the past we have failed to secure and purchase the best Aircrafts, F-16 happened to be wonderful gift by US, be grateful due to afghan war we received them otherwise we would have been still flying something vintage.

A reminder while we were on the *** of M-2000 and Tornadoes in 1985-87 period where Mirage 2000 was barely 7 years old non in PAF pointed for PAF F-1 Mirages were also an excellent option that too were barely the better variant of F-1 were produced and handed over between 1977-83 that made them barely 7-9 Years old and much cheaper then Mirage 2000.

Opinion, If I had that sort of arabian money I would have thrown it in to purchase numbers of F-16 Block 60 Desert Falcons fairly a step ahead of Block 52 it would have pretty much closed the gap among Typhoons/Rafale and much better than across the border fulcrums-mirages, we in the end have no successful team to negotiate and or should have better military to military relations, political mess up can continue.

Last edited:
Folks the discussion is going somewhere else, you can discuss J-10 in J-10 Thread or come comparison Thread. But I would add somethings.

Luftwaffe,

PAF lacks strategic insight in the tactical purchase of aircraft---what that means is----" if we bought this aircraft and di not buy that aircraft---what kind of strategic issues would we have later down the road".

Basically----WHO IS THE DEVILS ADVOCATE for PAF.

Then why did they push for JF17 and even delinked the avionics etc? I think it is silly to assume that they just are simple minded soldiers. I know some people on other airforces and I thin kPAF is a lot more busy with their long term goals then most others.

Purchase of Fighter planes is a strictly Govt. to Govt. affair. Your options vary as your political/strategic relations with that country vary.

To expect that there is a xyz team of negotiating experts (whatever that means) who goes from country to country and evaluates planes based on abc factors is naïve. Every TOM, DICK and HARRY knows how to GOOGLE the BEST FIVE planes in the world. However every TOM, DICK AND HARRY cannot just go and buy that from Walmart no mater how much money you have in ur pockets.

Back
Top Bottom