What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

F-16 vs F-2
1454925_596381223748455_848028910_n.jpg

I agree with you...but you see we dont have much options. As COAS said they are in talks with different countries to induct a new platform. we can safely assume J10B is for sure..in other platform only EU2000 is left because India already finalized Rafale. we can not bid on any Russian jet.
anyways this is my personal opinion.
when did this development happened ?

Pakistan can get Euro Fighters at least 32 planes if our Prime Minister use his special relations with KSA and beg them for their financing and support for the deal. It will be peace of cake for them to do that if its in their interest.

Pakistan can get Euro Fighters at least 32 planes if our Prime Minister use his special relations with KSA and beg them for their financing and support for the deal. It will be peace of cake for them to do that if its in their interest.

Wouldn't it be more cost effective and suitable for PAF to obtain 50 F-16's then beg for 32 Euro fighters.

Wouldn't it be more cost effective and suitable for PAF to obtain 50 F-16's then beg for 32 Euro fighters.

Hi,

If it is a 100 F16's with aesa---then maybe---but the eurofighter would be a game changer in the region and 32 is a good number.

Hi,

If it is a 100 F16's with aesa---then maybe---but the eurofighter would be a game changer in the region and 32 is a good number.

The EuroFighters will require air bases to operate from .. no ?

Plane for plane, if the eurofighters managed to down indian aggression
Indians will still be left with more than enough planes to dominate the air space.

No, it will not, because if we take the route as I have mentioned before, that one thing which we can add in it through KSA influence is that avionics and engine for JF-17s then no need for more F-16s because if Euro Fighter level avionics and advance engine is installed in JF-17s it will supersede F-16s in many areas.

Rubbish s single block 52 falcon would wipe the floor with up to three thunders. The f16 is the best paf have thunder is a realtive modest technology. And deep down u all know this is true. Heck the f16/52 is better than the j10. Nevermind the thunder

Rubbish s single block 52 falcon would wipe the floor with up to three thunders. The f16 is the best paf have thunder is a realtive modest technology. And deep down u all know this is true. Heck the f16/52 is better than the j10. Nevermind the thunder
For now, yes. Don't want to sound like a fanboy but wait till block 3 comes around. It will be quite superior to the blk 52+ ;)

The EuroFighters will require air bases to operate from .. no ?

Plane for plane, if the eurofighters managed to down indian aggression
Indians will still be left with more than enough planes to dominate the air space.

Now that is a big 'If'

For that to happen, PAF needs to get Eurofighter First & Fast.

Unless J-10 shows credible maturity, i think PAF should give up on that and asf the Eurofighter consortium for dealing on Typhoons. I am sure they would be more than happy to offer a deal to trounce the already export dead Rafale.

That is your opinion. JF-17 is the world's first fighter jet equipped with DSI, and has MAWS and glass cockpit which F-16C Block 52 lacks. Block 2 Thunder gets wide angle holographic HUD which is superior to the HUD in F-16C Block 52.

Hi,

With the induction of F-35 and F-22 F-16 shall become redundant and available as EDA. We have already received F-16's as EDA equipment. There is no reason to believe that more shall not be available in future.

Why add another maintenance and logistics system if we can get good fighter at far less cost.

Trident... Just buy a few squadrons? How would you explain that these options would be quicker? Are you sarcastic?

I meant to say that these planes are in active duty and if purchased then can be inducted much quicker than J-10 and J-31, which is still undergoing the tests.

Back
Top Bottom