What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

do you know what the difference between heavy class fighter ans medium .

The difference is not really applicable here. All I said, mate, was that in an upcoming war, they will have to face each & hence the comparison is just. MKI is India's best plane and F 16 ours & therefore, comparison may too be justified, again because of the probability that they will meet in skies.

Nonetheless, I agree that it were to be a totally academic POV, then they come from different leagues all together.

The difference is not really applicable here. All I said, mate, was that in an upcoming war, they will have to face each & hence the comparison is just. MKI is India's best plane and F 16 ours & therefore, comparison may too be justified, again because of the probability that they will meet in skies.

Nonetheless, I agree that it were to be a totally academic POV, then they come from different leagues all together.

upcoming war, don't wish for that. if we are frequently at war in future too, both India and Pakistan will never develop. No one will send single jet to fight. mig 29,mirage 2000 also there. 1st fire option will be with SU-30mki.

if u want to start another debate open separate thread instead of spoiling this one.

that troll fest started by pakistani itself.

But nobody replied to him, because there were sensible people posting at the time, but now your Indian friend has come and started it with the other members.

upcoming war, don't wish for that. if we are frequently at war in future too, both India and Pakistan will never develop. No one will send single jet to fight. mig 29,mirage 2000 also there. 1st fire option will be with SU-30mki.

if u want to start another debate open separate thread instead of spoiling this one.

No one's wishing for war. I was creating a scenario to put myself in context and I explained myself. I wish to say no more.

Good Day!

But nobody replied to him, because there were sensible people posting at the time, but now your Indian friend has come and started it with the other members.

thats y i didnt said, su 30mki wil win,no need to argue. go ahead.

i said thanks for ur time machine you took us back to 1960 for WVR engagements and skilled pilot. most important aspect of all mean?????

now i get why babji said F16 will win.

well if it takes off from not far from our border, will it head eastwards or will it play a purely offensive mission?

the second those flankers cross Pakistan, they become cannon fodder

So back to F 16s. There is still no news about wheeling dealing with Norwegian Air Force for their F 16 AM/BMs and as per information with me, they are not going to retire them till 2015-16. And that means a good 5 years, something one cannot really hinge on...

There is also news of the option of a further 18 Block 52 F 16s being taken up but I have not seen any official confirmation, though. The other 14 F 16 AM/BM continue to be operated by US Navy with again no headway.

I am really looking forward to PAF closing in on its ambition to acquire around 100 Vipers...

while its good to think long-term rather than short-term; lets be pragmatic and see how things ''play out''

and lets wait for MLU program to be fully materialized. That in itself will allow for PAF to be one step closer to realizing the Modernization Program of 2015.

while its good to think long-term rather than short-term; lets be pragmatic and see how things ''play out''

and lets wait for MLU program to be fully materialized. That in itself will allow for PAF to be one step closer to realizing the Modernization Program of 2015.

I want to throw a spanner in the works and ask a silly question. We know that there are allegedly bugs hidden in the new Bl52s . Presumably they are within the computer systems which run the plane. Now we are changng the Radar, and the avionics suite. How do we know the same bugs will not be encountered in the new MLued planes?
Any ideas?
Araz

I want to throw a spanner in the works and ask a silly question. We know that there are allegedly bugs hidden in the new Bl52s . Presumably they are within the computer systems which run the plane. Now we are changng the Radar, and the avionics suite. How do we know the same bugs will not be encountered in the new MLued planes?
Any ideas?
Araz

me personally, I have no idea at all.

Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) is licensed by Americans to manufacture the Lockheed Martin F-16s; or perform MLU's. These cannot be done without the permission of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) in this case LM (and allowed by US government). So whatever the Turkish engineers and technicians put in (in the presence of even Pakistani engineers at Turkish and Pakistani facilities) neither of them will know where any possible ''bug'' or ''switch'' is....

I think to some extent, people exaggerate this whole ''kill-switch'' thing ---though I'm quite sure that they (their movements) can be monitored.

the capabilities of these upgraged Falcons will put them nearly to Block 50 specification. Lets just see how the program goes, hopefully a smoothe process Inshallah.

I asked my father this question. According to him, it is utter BS. That the US will press a button and the plane will be rendered inoperable.!!!,,he said , sure there could be tracking devices in SOME planes, and some other tracker, but the performance of the planes will not be compromised in anyway. Who will watch those trackers 24/7 ???,,,,the blackbox of an airplane is not opened for its entirety, except after a crash, so who nows there could be something in there??,,,

Any ideas?
Araz

The entire software suite on these F-16s has multiple modes of operation, some of which are absolutely transparent to the end-user, including the pilots, and offers distinct advantages to the US, to be utilized if warranted.

Whether one believes this or not, I will respect your right to disagree, but I do have my reasons for stating this, and I stand by my words.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom