What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

u r always right!:angry:

Indestructible

you are going to be dead soon :sniper: :lazy:

:undecided: I am a perfect noob. Joined this forum to get educated about Pakistan's military and treated like this by ThinkTanks :sad: Did I say anything bad or tried to impose my opinion?

I have a question about the Blk52. What is the primary difference between 52 and 52+. I heard a Pakistani pilot say in a video that the new F16s are Blk52+.

:undecided: I am a perfect noob. Joined this forum to get educated about Pakistan's military and treated like this by ThinkTanks :sad: Did I say anything bad or tried to impose my opinion?

I have a question about the Blk52. What is the primary difference between 52 and 52+. I heard a Pakistani pilot say in a video that the new F16s are Blk52+.

Bro you are right. That picture has a typo.
LM no longer produce block 25.

Try reading through the posts..and not just the last page.. try the first..ten..and the last ten..
do a little googling.. if you know how to use the net..
And then make a post if you still have doubts..instead of asking simple questions like a 4 yr old..(goes for everybody).
And your status as a bumbling noob as you feel might change..

:)

PAF got the 52+ version.

Major differences between Blk 52 and Blk 52+ are the CFT compatibility, JHMCS, 52+ has the APG-68(V9) variant radar while Blk-52 had older variants of the APG-68 radar, and in 52+ you have the square type dorsal spine in the tandem seat version, which the Blk 52 did not had.

Above are some of the major differences between the normal Blk-52 and the Blk-52+.

PAF got the 52+ version.

Major differences between Blk 52 and Blk 52+ are the CFT compatibility, JHMCS, 52+ has the APG-68(V9) variant radar while Blk-52 had older variants of the APG-68 radar, and in 52+ you have the square type dorsal spine in the tandem seat version, which the Blk 52 did not had.

Above are some of the major differences between the normal Blk-52 and the Blk-52+.

A lil addition..
The dorsal spine is dependent upon the customer...
Since it allows for housing any extra gadgetry such as ECM,EW or extra chaff and flares..
It first appeared on the IDF's block 30D's...However.. since then..no customer ordered the dorsal spine...till the greeks.
F16D_074.jpg

The difference between the 52 and the 52+
"The Block 50/52 Plus is a version which has special provisions for the adverse weather delivery of the McDonnell Douglas JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition). The update includes an add-on tail unit containing a synthetic aperture radar, providing guidance to 1,000lbs Mk.83, 2,000lbs Mk.84 and the 2,000lbs BLU-109 warhead. Other features include passive missile warning, terrain-referenced navigation, and provisions for the 600 US gal (2,271 litre) external fuel tanks and conformal fuel tanks.

Other features of the aircraft include an on-board oxygen generating system (OBOGS), the AN/APX-113 advanced electronic interrogator/transponder IFF system, helmet-mounted cueing system (HMCS), ASPIS internal electronic countermeasures suite (full provisions)
"

Last edited:
A lil addition..
The dorsal spine is dependent upon the customer...
Since it allows for housing any extra gadgetry such as ECM,EW or extra chaff and flares..

It first appeared on the IDF's block 30D's...However.. since then..no customer ordered the dorsal spine...till the greeks.
F16D_074.jpg

so no boddy exactly knows what is in there..:what:

so no boddy exactly knows what is in there..:what:

It houses some extra avionics, plus the space taken up by the second seat causes the internal fuel capacity to be reduced, thus by adding this dorsal spine, the avionics and stuff which is normally placed at the 2nd seat area i shifted to this dorsal spine, thus the internal fuel capacity or changes are neglected.

My bad. You are right!
:cheers:

But still i thought Pakistan was pressing for AESA version APG-80. Now i remember!
AESA was with Block 60 for UAE and US refused to give the AESA to PAF. None the less with SAAB AEW platforms i donot think it will make much difference in detection ranges, can just patch through the SAAB to acquire the target.

I think the correct version of events was that US was willing to put APG80 into BL52+ but wanted pakistan to foot the cost of integration. POAF felt that at that time to avoid complexity of the issue and price hike , and take Bl52+ with APG68V9.
Just to set the record straight.
Araz

the spine do effect one of F-16 famous and much talked advantage,, the seam less bubbe canopy:
F16D_074.jpg

Back
Top Bottom