What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

well i feel the money pakistan is spending on china spa,a-100 should be spent on south african denel....and also pakistan should come out of f-16 era and invest in saab gripen....i feel thats the only plane it will be offered if mrca competion rejects it.....rafale has some imp. bussiness with indian navy....also typhoon cant be offered as eads is in final talking with hal.....for aesa radar for amca,lca as well as the bae is a major contender for jaguar upgrade as well as bofors maintainance.........seriously no hard feelings just telling ma feelings:victory:

f-16 is better then gripen
and our jf-17 block II can be similar to gripen
Also france can give us rafale if we want and if we can afford rafale..

Originally Posted by PurpleButcher View Post
F-16 Block 52 C/D to be stationed at Jacobabad Airbase

source "Dunya News"

Good Pakistan's soft belly Sind (as called by Indians) will now get some abbs

y dont u n i try to get there as a fake NEWS REPORTERS with high resolution cameras....:cheesy::triniti:

i have 12.1 mega pixl sony camera but my passport is expied i try to renew last year in riyadh they told me make your computer ID card or next time don't come.:lol: i make ID card but now i have no time for renew my passport:P

he is azzadpakistan

and he really want to see pakistan as supreme nation

like your ambitions:smitten:

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Yes and iam TOPGUN>> and i would like to see our PAF grow but .. having crazy unrealitic wish lists doesn't serve a :coffee:purpose on this forum being real with current affairs & facts does thankyou very much.

Pakistan Air Force has started work on turning Jacobabad Air Base, which was used by allied forces in the past, from forward base to complete operational base.The Jacobabad base would be used as squadron base for F-16s that Pakistan would be getting from the US.

Defense sources told Online that Jacobabad airbase that has so far been used as forward airbase to be used in an event of war or emergency would be turned to complete operational base.The 14 F-16 52D planes to be given by US would be brought here and their set up would be created here which would include maintenance and refurbishing of the.

Defense sources told that making this base into an operational one would not only enhance the strength of PAF but would also enhance the strategic importance.According to Air force sources, the base would be completed by 20th June this year.

:pakistan:

wow jacoabad is my home town.. :pakistan:

AzadPakistan is the man....

400 UAVs is overkill though. It's better to keep a dozen or so in the air at all times.

Our previous Air Marshal did make mention of PAF formally inducting squadron(s) of UAVs, I think by 2012. (Maybe earlier).

They are already being operated.

AMERICAS, THE
Date Posted: 20-May-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

USAF develops roadmap for future F-16 upgrades

Caitlin Harrington JDW Staff Reporter - Washington, DC

The US Air Force ( USAF) is developing a roadmap for the future development of the Lockheed Martin F-16 fighter aircraft, known as 'Long Term Viper', according to a senior official at US Air Combat Command (ACC).

The document outlines what would be required if the USAF was to extend the life of the F-16 beyond 8,000 flying hours. Senior officials could decide to extend the aircraft's life if the development schedule for Lockheed Martin's F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter continues to meet delays.

"We've tried to put together a concept going forward that we refer to as Long Term Viper that is trying to [identify] gaps in our capabilities," said Colonel Tim Forsyth, chief of the ACC's Combat Air Division, in a 19 May interview with Jane's . "It's a mitigation tool if, and only if, our leadership chooses to take it."

The Long Term Viper concept is intended to improve the structural integrity of the F-16 as well as the capabilities of the fighter, he said.

Structural improvements will be determined by a full-scale fatigue test on the newer Block 50 F-16 over the next several years, according to Col Forsyth. During that test, a contractor will put the fighter on a jig and attach it to strain gauges, bending and twisting the aircraft to determine which parts are most vulnerable to fatigue.

In terms of capabilities, Long Term Viper calls for bigger cockpit displays, a new electronic warfare suite and the addition of an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar. Two companies, Raytheon and Northrop Grumman, are developing AESA systems to meet the F-16's power and cooling requirements.

Col Forsyth said that another objective would be improved communications systems that can allow information exchange between the F-16 and fifth-generation aircraft like the F-35.

AMERICAS, THE
Date Posted: 20-May-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

USAF develops roadmap for future F-16 upgrades

Caitlin Harrington JDW Staff Reporter - Washington, DC

The US Air Force ( USAF) is developing a roadmap for the future development of the Lockheed Martin F-16 fighter aircraft, known as 'Long Term Viper', according to a senior official at US Air Combat Command (ACC).

The document outlines what would be required if the USAF was to extend the life of the F-16 beyond 8,000 flying hours. Senior officials could decide to extend the aircraft's life if the development schedule for Lockheed Martin's F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter continues to meet delays.

"We've tried to put together a concept going forward that we refer to as Long Term Viper that is trying to [identify] gaps in our capabilities," said Colonel Tim Forsyth, chief of the ACC's Combat Air Division, in a 19 May interview with Jane's . "It's a mitigation tool if, and only if, our leadership chooses to take it."

The Long Term Viper concept is intended to improve the structural integrity of the F-16 as well as the capabilities of the fighter, he said.

Structural improvements will be determined by a full-scale fatigue test on the newer Block 50 F-16 over the next several years, according to Col Forsyth. During that test, a contractor will put the fighter on a jig and attach it to strain gauges, bending and twisting the aircraft to determine which parts are most vulnerable to fatigue.

In terms of capabilities, Long Term Viper calls for bigger cockpit displays, a new electronic warfare suite and the addition of an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar. Two companies, Raytheon and Northrop Grumman, are developing AESA systems to meet the F-16's power and cooling requirements.

Col Forsyth said that another objective would be improved communications systems that can allow information exchange between the F-16 and fifth-generation aircraft like the F-35.

Good post Sir,

That upgraded model with bigger cockpit, AESA radar might be called Block 70

Guys
Look at what I found!!

5.1B Proposed in Sales, Upgrades, Weapons for Pakistan’s F-16s
23-May-2010 16:43 EDT

Related Stories: Alliances, Americas - USA, Asia - Central, Asia - India, Avionics, BAE, Boeing, Bombs - General, Bombs - Smart, Contracts - Awards, Contracts - Intent, ECM, Fighters & Attack, Issues - International, Issues - Political, Lockheed Martin, Missiles - Air-Air, Northrop-Grumman, Other Corporation, Radars, Raytheon, Sensors & Guidance, Spotlight articles, Support & Maintenance, Support Functions - Other, United Technologies

Advertisement
PAF F-16A drops Mk.82s
(click to view full)Major purchase of 53 upgrade kits. (May 21/10)

On June 28/06, the US DSCA notified Congress via a series of releases of its intention to provide Pakistan with a $5.1 billion Foreign Military Sales package to upgrade the F-16s that serve as the PAF’s top of the line fighters. Some of these items had been put on hold following the October 2005 earthquake in Pakistan & Kashmir, but the request for 36 new F-16 Block 50/52s is now going ahead, along with new weapons, engine modifications, and upgrade kits for Pakistan’s older F-16 A/Bs.

These items are detailed below, along with controversies the proposed sales have created, and some of the conditions attached to the sale by the US government…

Item 1: 36 New F-16 Block 50/52s – $3 billion
Item 2: Weapons for the New F-16s – $650 Million
Item 3: F-16A/B Mid-Life Update Modification Kits – $1.3 billion
Item 4: F-16A/B Engine Modifications & UP/STAR – $151 Million
Deal Updates and Progress [updated]
Potential Controversies (July 5, 2006)
Displaying 169 of 3,986 words (about 10 pages)
Source defence industry daily
Araz
PS: would any member be able to get the full article to read here!!!!

Last edited:
So in reality all the stories state 18 new f-16 with option of 18 more .. hence, in this story that Araz bahi shared with us it shows as 36 not 18 more for option? beats me... but good stuff.

TG
I would wait a bit and get confirmed news to find out what really is going on. The news was first broken on pakdef.info. This is all that I could find on the subject.We need to wait for a while.
Rgeards
Araz

Back
Top Bottom