What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

who said modification? Turkey is going to use these weapons on its whole f16 fleet, it is stated many times by turkish autorities.

PAK f16 may see it aim 9x on the computer

Image source : Facebook

FB_IMG_1644067577842.jpg

Sadly to this day, no one has been able to clearly explain to me that why do CFTs, which only supposedly carry fuel, need so many access panels. !!!

View attachment 813654
From what I understand, these CFTs are bolted on to the fuselage. You need multiple attachment points both at/near the front and rear of the CFT and possibly middle to ensure the strongest of attachment that can withstand high-g maneuvering. These access panels allow the necessary room to insert and tighten all those bolts to the attachment points. I personally don’t have direct knowledge but from a mechanical point of view this would explain the need of multiple access panels. Specific skin panels are replaced with panels that have attachment mounts. The CFTs have complimentary attachment points that fit snugly with the skin attachment points. Bolts must then be used to lock the arrangement in place.

From what I understand, these CFTs are bolted on to the fuselage. You need multiple attachment points both at/near the front and rear of the CFT and possibly middle to ensure the strongest of attachment that can withstand high-g maneuvering. These access panels allow the necessary room to insert and tighten all those bolts to the attachment points. I personally don’t have direct knowledge but from a mechanical point of view this would explain the need of multiple access panels. Specific skin panels are replaced with panels that have attachment mounts. The CFTs have complimentary attachment points that fit snugly with the skin attachment points. Bolts must then be used to lock the arrangement in place.
Found this about the CFT attachment points on the web. In fact it’s a good presentation on Block 52+ changes
D190C550-F295-41BD-BFD6-FBB2DF1C26DE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom