What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

11 Dec 1988
Pakistan orders 11 F-16s (Peace Gate III).
- never saw the light of day!

The 12 planes that we received under EDA between 2005-2008
04 F-16A Block 15OCU
08 F-16B Block 15OCU

Weren't these planes from Peace Gate III/IV ?

The 12 planes that we received under EDA between 2005-2008
04 F-16A Block 15OCU
08 F-16B Block 15OCU

Weren't these planes from Peace Gate III/IV ?

Nops, those are still with the USN and being used too.

The ones we got were excess for the USAF and given to us free of cost, but money for modifications, upgrades were given.

Nops, those are still with the USN and being used too.

The ones we got were excess for the USAF and given to us free of cost, but money for modifications, upgrades were given.

Peace Gate III
F-16A Block 15OCU 6
F-16B Block 15OCU 5

Peace Gate IV
F-16A Block 15OCU 7
F-16B Block 15OCU 10
F-16A Block 15OCU 41
F-16B Block 15OCU 2

We paid for how many of these planes ?

Peace Gate III
F-16A Block 15OCU 6
F-16B Block 15OCU 5

Peace Gate IV
F-16A Block 15OCU 7
F-16B Block 15OCU 10
F-16A Block 15OCU 41
F-16B Block 15OCU 2

We paid for how many of these planes ?

1989-2000:

By 1990 PAF had placed orders for additional seventy-one F-16’s. However in 1990 PAF suffered a setback when Pressler amendment was passed by US congress banning the delivery of F-16’s to Pakistan. 28 already built F-16’s under peace gate III & IV program were shifted to AMARC at Davis-Monthan AFB for storage. During the coming years various plans were conceived to resolve the issue however none of the plans were successful. Finally in 2002 US assigned these aircrafts to USAF and USN to fill the aggressor role.

Amount was around 658Million US$ which was paid for the 28 fighter aircrafts.

1989-2000:

By 1990 PAF had placed orders for additional seventy-one F-16’s. However in 1990 PAF suffered a setback when Pressler amendment was passed by US congress banning the delivery of F-16’s to Pakistan. 28 already built F-16’s under peace gate III & IV program were shifted to AMARC at Davis-Monthan AFB for storage. During the coming years various plans were conceived to resolve the issue however none of the plans were successful. Finally in 2002 US assigned these aircrafts to USAF and USN to fill the aggressor role.

Amount was around 658Million US$ which was paid for the 28 fighter aircrafts.[/QUOTE]

the money was returned in the form of 'soya beans'!!!

1989-2000:

Amount was around 658Million US$ which was paid for the 28 fighter aircrafts.[/QUOTE]

the money was returned in the form of 'soya beans'!!!

And wheat import also i believe ??? They shipped wheat also to compensate for the money we owed.

But if the interest was added to the amount with US for nearly a decade, i remember analysts quoting a 1BIllion US$ figure that US owed us, but our oligarchs just took wheat and soybeans for about 650MillionUS$.

Hi,

Maybe like some of us who have tinted windows on our cars, maybe some of the pilots had gold window tint on their canopies---what do you say-----just kidding---:cheers:

well at our place the traffic wardens usually also charge you if you have tinted windows,,, what for pilots!!!:D

And wheat import also i believe ??? They shipped wheat also to compensate for the money we owed.

But if the interest was added to the amount with US for nearly a decade, i remember analysts quoting a 1BIllion US$ figure that US owed us, but our oligarchs just took wheat and soybeans for about 650MillionUS$.

I think Pakistan got cash also ??????
I believe it was in BB time $ 350 M.
But where it went, we do not know..........
:coffee:

Hi,

Maybe like some of us who have tinted windows on our cars, maybe some of the pilots had gold window tint on their canopies---what do you say-----just kidding---:cheers:

I believe gold and blue tint are for purpose of camo.

I wish pakistan has written down a clause in the latest deal for F16 Block52+ that they'd expect and accept only F16s not wheat for their money this time.

Today in our fleet atleast 200 - 300 F16s but unfortuntly we have just 40 OLD f16s hmmmm what a Friendship btw PK-US

Back
Top Bottom