What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

And i notice your british Flag
I work with brits my entire life
They do not even know Pakistan has an airforce LET alone the Fighter planes
Rather ironic dont you think
Are you jus chilling?

Also also same here. Been working with British people for a long time, majority of which don't even talk about either Pakistan or India because

A) they think its the same country
B) they don't give a shit
C) they know how controversial it can get so they prefer not to talk about the militaries of either country.

Please. Stop chatting bakwas. They never talk about that stuff in the work place. They don't even care about either country unless they are planning for a holiday to get a natural skin tan

No one cares about the uprated engines or 35-ton MTOW. But if the PAF gets J-35, watch everyone demand that it transfer those to the PN and that PN get an aircraft carrier.
Yes let's get an aircraft carrier so we can use it to travel 70km and spend so many million on it woohoi

I was being sarcastic about buying an aircraft carrier. Its not needed for us.... Yet.

Come on Brother! YOU are a smart guy, Ignore the keyboard warriors, and think how a carrier capable a/c will fit into the paradigm without an a/c carrier.
It's not without precedent. The Super Bug is marketed to land-based air forces and naval air arms alike. There are additional support issues with operating such an aircraft (e.g., maintaining the carrier-specific parts), but I don't think it's infeasible, or even meant to be infeasible for land-based usage.

PAF performed even against the likes of EFT.
Please shed light on it.
those friends can do a lot of damage to make sure their equipment in our armed forces does not produce the desired result eg all our caucasian friends have to do is mess with our GPS coordinates and then we will see how well the mid-course updates on our 120c5 work, giving PAF that magic figure of 90 % kill probability
You mean..?

Come on Brother! YOU are a smart guy, Ignore the keyboard warriors, and think how a carrier capable a/c will fit into the paradigm without an a/c carrier.
You know, some one might miss interpret your argument and will spread the rumor that Pakistan is buying J35...
Then someone will claim that he has seen it flying in Pakistan at a confidential place, and then we will have a thread of hundred of pages where Pakistanis will glorify J35 being a super doper aircraft and Indians will keep retarding the J35 as F35 illegal copy with copied Russian stuff...

You know, some one might miss interpret your argument and will spread the rumor that Pakistan is buying J35...
Then someone will claim that he has seen it flying in Pakistan at a confidential place, and then we will have a thread of hundred of pages where Pakistanis will glorify J35 being a super doper aircraft and Indians will keep retarding the J35 as F35 illegal copy with copied Russian stuff...
You forgot the carrier. Never forget the carrier. In fact, let's make a thread in the Pakistan Navy Forum asking for a carrier -- almost everything on that forum seems to come true.

I live in Warwick
England
born and bred British
with the new blue british passport ......... lost the burgundy one in Dec 2020 lol lol
and work for Barclays bank in Finance
The location is 100% correct
As is my nationality

Changing colour of passport doesnt change the colour of ur face. Since u have shared so much, plz go on and tell us who u really are? White british or brown skinned head wobbling desi british whose parents from india gave an arm to reach UK.

Well it is good to have the BVR missiles but there are too many issues to deal with or questions without answers.

1- No AESA radar on F-16s. This is a problem in itself.
2- Question marks on Link-16's compatibility with Erieye. I know PAF has tried solving it with Link-17, but question marks still remain.
3- No compatibility of F-16s with Chinese Early warnings
4- Due to upgrade limitations, it is only a matter of time when EW and other systems/sub-systems on F-16s won't be able to catch-up with modern threats.

And so on. And that is why I think that in the near future, F-16s would be more of liability than an asset for PAF.

In a shooting war between two equally matched foes, the success rate would be around 25-30% at best, ..

Airforces worldwide develop tactics to beat bvr missiles, which allow the pilots to get in close, and merge. the distances involved between Pakistan n India are not that great and ac will merge very quickly, even coming into gun range.
Agree those high BVR kill rates by @Windjammer are for unmatched opponents and we can at best expect 20% kill rate in a multi-day war.

If BVR fails in a particular engagement and both parties remain committed that doesnt mean a merge will happen automatically. That was true with the old WRM that were only tail aspect, now we have all aspect WRM that will likely mean BVR tactics at close range (cycle of engage dis-engage without merging)

In modern wvr those who have HMD rule the dog fight simply pilot moves head acheives lock on . No need for fancy moves agility etc or certainly not as much.

So guess what

All 500 if the IAF front line fighters carry HMD & HOBS missles

And IN PAF

only the F16

no other fighters in PAF including Thunder to date has a HMD or HOBS .
PAF F-16 dont have HOBS (9x) only HMD.
Jf-17 blk 3 on the other hand has proved HOBS with the latest pic, but no HMD&S so far.

You just mentioned that BVR will not be vital in indo pak theatre due to close proximity of conflict

Ok assume your correct .

In modern wvr those who have HMD rule the dog fight simply pilot moves head acheives lock on . No need for fancy moves agility etc or certainly not as much.

So guess what

All 500 if the IAF front line fighters carry HMD & HOBS missles

And IN PAF

only the F16

no other fighters in PAF including Thunder to date has a HMD or HOBS .

IAF uses 3 different HMD and HOBS missles
R73 on mki and mig29
Asraam on Rafale & Mirage2000I
Python 5 only tested Tejas now after successfuly R73 intergration already.

In finance we have saying re stock market investment growth in future
"past performance is not accurate refection of future results "

In other words do not sit complacently just because a F16 shot down a rusty old mig21 bison in 2019
or good results in 1971 mostly on back of superior western platforms like the mirage 5

Today on paper especially with S400 coming and rafales here already the IAF is superior on all aspects bar numbers of Awacs

No passport and birth suggest i am british ..........which i am and proud of too

So now your suggesting 4 out of 5 battles will be won by the F16 against Rafale Mirage2000 Su30mki Mig29

Another massive assummption

I say Rafale will 8 out of 10 engagements against F16 amraam or no amraam
And the others will 50 /50 at best

So now your suggesting 4 out of 5 battles will be won by the F16 against Rafale Mirage2000 Su30mki Mig29

Another massive assummption

I say Rafale will win 8 out of 10 engagements against F16 amraam or no amraam
And the others will 50 /50 at best

I suggest you stick to finance and pretending to be an Englishman from Warwick. Please stop theorising air combat scenarios. I sincerely hope you are better at the former since you clearly suck at the latter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom