What's new

Pakistan Extremists in West- Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its a she- then most probably shes a sikh- see the turban- forward it to prism :D-

I have some first hand experiance on this topic in living in Uk and seeing whats going on. If you look at where saudis have given money in the UK to build mosques they have insisted on islamic teachers who have studied in Saudi. These guys come here and they teach a very harsh version of islam, I have seen familys and know familys who have over the last twenty years started wearing burqas and loads of beards etc has increased. Not there is anything wrong with either of these things. One woman who is a freind of my mothers comes into this category and I remember overhearing a conversation in which this lady and my mother were talking about burqa. One comment that sticks in my mind that my mother made was "I have been for haj at Haj we were requested that we dont cover our faces at our most holy site". It made me wonder that Islam advises to cloth modestly but then its regional interpretataions. The fact that Saudis have so much money they are able to propogate their harsh version of islam. Now I am not suggesting that burqa and beard means terrorist but i do note that this was the case with one of the bombers in London. I think the Saudi version of islam is not only harsh but encorages a very harsh and intolerant version of islam. So when a 1000 people who hear this message a lot will just wear a burqa and have a beard but some go off at a tangent and become fanatics.

self delete

I noticed that every Pakistani soldier in this picture is wearing a beard! Is it about religion or PA's latest style statement? If it's about religion, then it probably is an alarming development. I thought one can be a good soldier even without sporting a beard to flash his religious beliefs? Does this prove that he is more Muslim than one who's clean shaven?

Oh an alarming sign indeed, but then what about these alarming signs.

sikhs.jpg

Oh my God I see beards, bloody extremist. Or not.

I hope you got the answer to the stupidity that you called an opinion of yours.

I have some first hand experiance on this topic in living in Uk and seeing whats going on. If you look at where saudis have given money in the UK to build mosques they have insisted on islamic teachers who have studied in Saudi. These guys come here and they teach a very harsh version of islam, I have seen familys and know familys who have over the last twenty years started wearing burqas and loads of beards etc has increased. Not there is anything wrong with either of these things. One woman who is a freind of my mothers comes into this category and I remember overhearing a conversation in which this lady and my mother were talking about burqa. One comment that sticks in my mind that my mother made was "I have been for haj at Haj we were requested that we dont cover our faces at our most holy site". It made me wonder that Islam advises to cloth modestly but then its regional interpretataions. The fact that Saudis have so much money they are able to propogate their harsh version of islam. Now I am not suggesting that burqa and beard means terrorist but i do note that this was the case with one of the bombers in London. I think the Saudi version of islam is not only harsh but encorages a very harsh and intolerant version of islam. So when a 1000 people who hear this message a lot will just wear a burqa and have a beard but some go off at a tangent and become fanatics.

I suppose you must have heard of that Madrassa in the UK where they tell preteens that the punishment for stealing is cutting off the hands, and then even go on to show graphical images/representations on how to cut them off.

It was funded by the Saudis, on the condition that only the teachers from Saudi Arabia will be allowed to teach there.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Corrected, I see that you like him, I mean her.

And why not... Husn Jamaal-o maal-o maal... chalti hai matwali chaal :lol:

Solution is:
Don't be over religious,be moderate n lead a peaceful n happy life till u live :cheers:

Solution is:
Don't be over religious,be moderate n lead a peaceful n happy life till u live :cheers:

The question is why label some one religious as always radical?-

Solution is Americans tell their Saudi freinds that when they pay for building mosques dont send teachers from saudi. Am surprised they dont stop it allready

Solution is Americans tell their Saudi freinds that when they pay for building mosques dont send teachers from saudi. Am surprised they dont stop it allready

The problem is not Saudi funded teachers in America. Problem is the Saudi funded teachers in Pakistan.

It may leave you with a bitter taste, but the fact is it (spread of Saudi funded teachers) was well supported and facilitated by the (Pakistani) Establishment to bloom all over Pakistan. But since their interests lied in Afghanistan, that's where they directed their energy to.

The extremism you see in Pakistan today, is merely a leftover of the entire process that was to end in Afghanistan.

Pakistan has any time better infrastructure than Afghanistan, so this extremism could very easily be contained, and even be reversed.

But the successive governments found great use of it in their own agendas. Provincial and ethnic politics became primary, and education took a backseat. With provincial governments deciding what the kids shall learn, the education part appears as good as dead.

The only solution - a strong government that directs the revision of the books, and ascertains the revival of education, while leaving the religious obligations to be a personal choice.

there is nothing wrong wearing a beard or putting a hijab/burkha etc extremism is when one forces his views on other's & gets involve in anti-social activities then its bad otherwise one can wear whatever one feels like extremism can be in the form of many thing & not only religion

If keeping beard or wearing hijab make you extremist then i wonder what this Raptor and his fellows would have thought of our beloved Prophet(PBUH) and his sahaba if they were alive. I am sure these guys would have made fun of him as well..

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

there is nothing wrong wearing a beard or putting a hijab/burkha etc extremism is when one forces his views on other's & gets involve in anti-social activities then its bad otherwise one can wear whatever one feels like extremism can be in the form of many thing & not only religion

You are right but for them extremist is someone who dont agree with their secular version of selective Islam which suit to their needs :D

I've never been able to understand that either - I don't know why they enjoy having their pictures taken as much as they do, really it doesn't make any sense

Agreed......But a question to Pakistan friends..whenever you guys go out with family do you take any picture with heads and body covered all over? This is a fact or it is the impression in Indian media only?

no i think the point here is after living in pakistan in lahore for 18 years and going to uni in uk, i have noticed that the pakistani immigratns there are far more "religious minded" than people living in pakistan, (im pretty sure about lahore).. my fellow international students from pakistan are far more open minded, liberal and tolerant than there BBCD counterparts.. i always wondered why... you might not believe me but i have seen some british pakistanis who actually hate white people and pass on racist comments on them... not saying we are angels but i dont get there bashing at a country who has being supporting them for three generations
beleive me or not the second question i get asked by my fellow BBCDs here in uni is which sect do you belong to? and to be honest i find that a bit offensive..
p.s what i really hate is that they have been to pak only a few times and went directly to villages/their backward areas and they have got this concept about pak being a strict religious and ducking divine state and bullshit and how they are soo concern about us/our political system and what not

beard has nothing to do with terrorism. Many suicide attacks were carried by clean shaved extremist. Why people are so obsessed with it???
I wasn't equating beards with terrorism directly. But then beards COULD lead to religious ideology graduating to > religious fundamentalism > extremism > terrorism.

Just saying.

Agreed......But a question to Pakistan friends..whenever you guys go out with family do you take any picture with heads and body covered all over? This is a fact or it is the impression in Indian media only?

Oh please... full face niqabs are like 0.000000001% worn regularly
Alsthough soemtimes they wear it in crowded markets, but hardly anyone wears it that way - this isnt afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom