What's new

Pakistan ends 2010 as sick man of South Asia

the US went through civil war, civil rights movement etc.

every country will inevitably go through a rough patch. Pakistan is going through one now.

the beauty is, despite what media reports --- people in Pakistan have an ability to dust off their shoulders and go about their business without crying or raving. Things are tough, but faith in God is important. Also, electing the right leaders is what is required and maybe we'll learn the importance of active participation of all the people

i.e. if the PEOPLE lead, the LEADERS will follow. Sounds strange at first, but it makes sense.

Ditto!

Tundi-e-baad-e-mukhaalif saY naa ghabraa aye uqaab
yeh tau chalti hai tujhaY OoNchaa uRaanaY kaY liye!

IQBAL

Aslo there's a saying goes like, "if you have no enemies, then you ain't doing anything worthwhile" and I believe we are doing very good in giving a hard time to our enemies. On the west a Global Power while on the East a so called regional power. lol

Last edited:
Recovery is easier in the case where economic disparity is due to failed government policies. From the stand point of ease of doing business and economic reforms, Pakistan is much better than India. It is more investor friendly in terms of government policies. However, being investor friendly also requires political stability and good future prospects.

Pakistan's reputation has been tarnished and investors are shying away from Pakistan as its deemed as an unsafe place for investment. Quite frankly there are better places for investors to put their money on in the neighborhood.

Seriously. Pakistanis in this forum need to stop blaming the government. Time for you'll to act greedy and make as much money as possible. Politicians on both sides of the border are corrupt. However, Pakistani market is more liberal than India's. Who's stopping you? Stop worrying about other things and just work for a better future. Start with yourself, than with the country.

Yes very sick man indeed...we are on life support...the same arabis publishing these reports are those sheltering roots of out ailments..terrorist funding, refuge to Zardari and Nawaz etc etc....enterprising skills are serious shortage in Pakistan. You see really skilled people with all the money unable to do anything and on a job hunt eternaly.

What stops a 8 years experienced electrical engineer from starting his own consultancy?? No he will sit and eat away all his saving then back to job hunt and blaming the government.

Report By Shahid Javed Burki, Former Finance Minister of Pakistan, Special to Gulf News.

Shahid saab u did nothing when u were finance minister so just STF ....

Report By Shahid Javed Burki, Former Finance Minister of Pakistan, Special to Gulf News.

Shahid saab u did nothing when u were finance minister so just STF ....

Perhaps now enjoying a shelter in the den of his arabi masters whom he helped with corruption to channel millions to terrorist and grab premium properties while making kickbacks.

Every difficulty is a source of Improvement.I have no no dough that Pakistan will pull through all these difficult challenges faced InshaAllah.The tougher the challenge the sweeter the end results...!

There was a time when America was divided into two.
There was a time when the UK was constantly war with itself, English against Irish or Scotland.
There was a time when the bulk of Chinese population were opium addicts.
There was a time when the industrial nerve centres of Japan(Hiroshima and Nagasaki) were reduced to dust.
There was a time when Germany was little more than rubble(WWII).
There was a time when Russia was almost exhausted of available male citizens(WWII).
Every country faces tough times, it's just a matter of who comes out fighting, and we have no intention of giving up any time soon.
Pakistan Zindabad:pakistan:

There was a time when America was divided into two.
There was a time when the UK was constantly war with itself, English against Irish or Scotland.
There was a time when the bulk of Chinese population were opium addicts.
There was a time when the industrial nerve centres of Japan(Hiroshima and Nagasaki) were reduced to dust.
There was a time when Germany was little more than rubble(WWII).
There was a time when Russia was almost exhausted of available male citizens(WWII).
Every country faces tough times, it's just a matter of who comes out fighting, and we have no intention of giving up any time soon.
Pakistan Zindabad:pakistan:

I agree with u completely there sir, my country went bankrupt in fact and we did a turnaround and i think that for your country to reach higher development is also very much possible.

If only the WOT could end like very soon u could really focus all your concentration on Economy and i am sure u will succeed in your endeavors.

We are a country as war with the agents America nurtured for its imperialism in Asia. However we find ourselves locked in this battle imposed on us by forigen powers. And more important these foreign colonials are not doing much to compensate for anything. Billions are lost in missed opportunities and devastated infrastructure.

Americans and Europe are willing to give peanuts as handouts as it help derail our image but not willing to contribute something positive towards development. Despite being a more favorable nation for investment, the whole of american and European economic cloud is concentrating over India. Neither they are willing to let us promote our markets with their constant propaganda of terrorism neither encouraging their industries to seek new foothold.

China is a true friend, it has undertaken ambitious $20bln investment and infrastructure opportunities in our country.

1947: PEOPLE THOUGHT PAKISTAN WON'T LAST A DECADE

1965: PEOPLE THOUGHT PAKISTAN WON'T LAST THE WAR

1971:PEOPLE THOUGHT WEST WILL CRUMBLE LIKE EAST

1979: PEOPLE THOUGHT PAKISTAN WILL BE OVERRUN BY SOVIET UNION

1998: PEOPLE THOUGHT PAKISTAN WON'T SURVIVE (AFTER THE INDIAN NUCLEAR TESTS)

2002: PEOPLE THOUGHT PAKISTAN WON'T SURVIVE AFTER PARLIMENT ATTACK

2007: BENAZIR'S DEATH WAS THE END OF PAKISTAN

yet we enter 2011 InshAllah stronger than we were ever in the last 5 years so people can keep dreaming and wishing! but we will keep praying to our all mighty who will always watch over us!!

A lot of people seem to be pessimistic here. I personally have no doubt pakistan will recover and will be even more stronger. I think the 60s era is just 5 years away. The bubble is soon going to burst.

Pakistan maybe Sick (if u lyk to call it)

But its also a FIGHTER
Its STRONG
DANGOUROUS (thats a good thing, in my opinion :P)
and its RISING still after all the krap

Its still a regional power and as future prospects ahead of it.

Like i say "the night is darkest before the dawn" We will shine onto the world when the time comes, and that will be soon.

Well the Ottoman Empire was referred to in its last days as the "Sick Man of Europe". At one point almost all of Anatolia was going to be split up amongst the western powers (Britain, Greece, Italy etc), but look how the sick man turned things around. Today it is once again a regional power. Inshallah Pakistan will do a similar comeback. Just wait and see!

Back
Top Bottom