What's new

Pakistan Election Day: 11 May 2013, updates.

Tahafuz e Pakistan ‏@DrAQ_Khan 1m
It's a special message to PTI, PMLN workers came to you to support you for better Pakistan..Altaf has killed them, stand with your brothers

Breaking new:

RT @RadioPakistan #Breaking: Unknown people have opened fire on #PTI’s sit-in in #Karachi

PPPP candidate also claiming for rigging in lahore in her constituency ....City42

She is saying pml-n attacked on us

PTI and miscreats are just breaking pakistan you dont even hold the ethics to protest when you were the one who supported ECP and raised no voice then

They may be protesting out of sheer right.. that is not being a miscreant.
Moreover, their proof is a little more than usual.

However, it is odd that the focus is shifting to Karachi and that situation is a very fractured one.
Any protests should focus on PUNJAB first DUE to the fact that it holds the seats that can be overturned EASILY as compared to Karachi.

The xxxxx-nil results cannot be challenged that easily as it is the stronghold of MQM and for all the Army operations and what not.. it is NOT easy to hit the MQM and not risk an all out civil war or breakup.
MQM can be swayed simply because it WILL eventually lose its votes until it leaves the politics of Altaf behind.

Pakistan polls 'relatively fair' despite irregularities
By AFP Published: May 12, 2013
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s largest domestic observer mission said Sunday that the county’s landmark polls were “relatively fair” despite some irregularities and violence at the polling stations.

In a key democratic transition, the centre-right Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) emerged the winner after a huge turnout of 60 percent — the highest in the country since 1977.

The Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN), an alliance of 42 civil society organisations working on democracy and election monitoring, praised the election commission for a smooth process.

It said voters defied direct threats of violence and queued up at the polling stations to produce “a relatively high turnout and public enthusiasm”.

“We observed the May 11 elections through 41,000 observers across the country and have received reports from 3,500 polling stations so far,” Zahid Islam, the chairman of FAFEN, told a first post-election news conference.

“According to reports so far, 693 irregularities were recorded at 3,500 polling stations. Out of which up to 40 events were of illegal and fraudulent voting,” he said.

About 36 polling stations and booths were illegally occupied, 121 observers were not allowed to work and 30 were beaten up, FAFEN said.

“PML-N workers beat one of our observers in (the Punjab town of) Jehlum and MQM assaulted one in Karachi who had to be hospitalised,” said Islam.

The network also said that a significant number of women had not been allowed to vote in the northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, southwestern Baluchistan and in some parts of central Punjab and southern Sindh provinces.

Pakistan’s election commission has ordered a re-vote in 43 polling stations in one Karachi constituency over allegations of ballot stuffing.

Breaking new:

RT @RadioPakistan #Breaking: Unknown people have opened fire on #PTI’s sit-in in #Karachi

Not unknowns.. quite likely APMSO free booters..
They are out for revenge as they have been humiliated at those DHA stations beyond what was just.

However, it is odd that the focus is shifting to Karachi and that situation is a very fractured one.
Any protests should focus on PUNJAB first DUE to the fact that it holds the seats that can be overturned EASILY as compared to Karachi.

The xxxxx-nil results cannot be challenged that easily as it is the stronghold of MQM and for all the Army operations and what not.. it is NOT easy to hit the MQM and not risk an all out civil war or breakup.
MQM can be swayed simply because it WILL eventually lose its votes until it leaves the politics of Altaf behind.

karachi needs peace such adventures will only make things worse, any complains should be made to ECP and CJ and wait for their decisions

infact PMLN who did rigging in karachi and punjab are joining PTI

now this is open call against the winning party MQM

everyone is trying to take advantage of the situation

BUT.. that is democracy :what:
I was fine with PML-N winning. But after the videos and stories by staff inside polling booths as well the ballot boxes being found later changed my mind. I always expected the elections to be unfair, but couldn't imagine as close as what happened.

protests wont help. i think the forst thing would ahve been is to take the evidence to supreme court and ECP and when they failed there then protest. Although i think this will die down.

I do think Nawaz will be bad for the army. i dont think he has learned any lessons from 99 and he will once again try to make the army bow to him. He should be like zardari in this matter and ignore the armed forces. let them do their own work with military developments. If he tries to report kargil and 1971 issues then he will most certainly see a backlash. our relations with iran might go down as to please america he will most certainly if not assured sacrifice iran.

Yeah bcoz thats what Bhai wants & he clearly said that in his victory speech & surprisingly i saw the all good book man Dr. Sattar clapping to the threats of Bhai.. all this is damaging the reputation of MQM ....

Yar Tum Abhi Tak Nahi Samjhey? Bhai Rate Braha Raha Hai, Pagal Aur Kuch Nahi, Isi Liyaa Tu Fatooq Bhai Was Clapping, Dont Worry Noon League Will Pay Them off, Very Soon London Accounts, Barcalays Bank?
Its A Funny Secret I Am The, only One With Altaf Bhai,s London Account!lol

Back
Top Bottom