What's new

Pakistan drugged out on defense & debt

They're from 2009 budget, so and only one budget has been passed since, so that makes them 1 year old.

If you can't find source from reliable sources then your claim has been proven wrong, i.e. claim that Pakistan spends 1.5% of GDP on education and 0.5% on health.

As far as my claim is concerned, I am basically inferring to statistics that are not for current year but are not that old either.

Of course more money counts. If they keep increasing the spending the same as GDP growth then the figures as % of GDP still stays the same.

They're from 2009 budget, so and only one budget has been passed since, so that makes them 1 year old.

One there is nothing such as 2009 budget ..learn to define fiscal yrs ..it is either 2008-09 budget or 2009-10 budget ..so which one it is ..and do provide proof to prove your point ..because I am taking it as another one your claims.
If you can't find source from reliable sources then your claim has been proven wrong, i.e. claim that Pakistan spends 1.5% of GDP on education and 0.5% on health.

I wasn't claiming those figure your friends was..so ask him.

As far as my claim is concerned, I am basically inferring to statistics that are not for current year but are not that old either.

Of course more money counts. If they keep increasing the spending the same as GDP growth then the figures as % of GDP still stays the same.

So you are just firing a shot blindfolded and hoping its hits target..and then you claim I am spreading misinformation.If you do not have this yrs data then how can you claim these figures?

It only remains constant % of GDP ..if percentage increase in their budget is equal to percentage increase in real GDP(ie growth + inflation)..so do you even know what is your average inflation over last three years?

One there is nothing such as 2009 budget ..learn to define fiscal yrs ..it is either 2008-09 budget or 2009-10 budget ..so which one it is ..and do provide proof to prove your point ..because I am taking it as another one your claims.

This was from 2009-2010 budget, since the year quoted is 2009. Only one budget has happened since then. Why are you asking me to provide proof but then are not providing any proof yourself?

I wasn't claiming those figure your friends was..so ask him.

But you're using him as a source. And hence you need to find the source where he's getting his info from.

So you are just firing a shot blindfolded and hoping its hits target..and then you claim I am spreading misinformation.If you do not have this yrs data then how can you claim these figures?

What do you want me to do if the figures don't exist? I can only extrapolate what already exists. That's the best that can be done by anyone.

It only remains constant % of GDP ..if percentage increase in their budget is equal to percentage increase in real GDP(ie growth + inflation)..so do you even know what is your average inflation over last three years?

Yes, it's around 15-25%. I don't think it went up, but it certainly didn't go down to 1.5% or 0.5%. There'd be a big uproar, especially on the 0.5% part. Do you honestly believe the 0.5% figure? It's absurd.

I am waiting for some reliable figures to come in, otherwise the best figures I can find are from 2009 for education and 2007 for health.

This was from 2009-2010 budget, since the year quoted is 2009. Only one budget has happened since then. Why are you asking me to provide proof but then are not providing any proof yourself?

Nahh..wrong again.. Pakistani fiscal yrs starts in July..so unless you can prove that figures you quoted have been taken after July 2009 ..you are wrong!!
But you're using him as a source. And hence you need to find the source where he's getting his info from.

Yes I can use him as a source ..becuase his article is credible enough to printed in paper unlike yours..but if you have problem with his figures.. I suggest you ask him.
What do you want me to do if the figures don't exist? I can only extrapolate what already exists. That's the best that can be done by anyone.

Idealy you should have held your silence and not claim your ridiculous figures again and again, however there is some thing better you can do.

..what you have to do is to first find out what is your % budgetary increase in health and education budget for budgets of 2009-10 and 2010-11.

then you have to find out what was real GDP growth rate for these two yrs ..keep in mind while calculating real GDP growth, to not to apply inflation to savings rate.

then apply this interpolation to 2008-09 education budget figures and calculate it as percentage of this yrs GDP to reach this yrs figures
Yes, it's around 15-25%. I don't think it went up, but it certainly didn't go down to 1.5% or 0.5%. There'd be a big uproar, especially on the 0.5% part. Do you honestly believe the 0.5% figure? It's absurd.

You don't know there is already a big uproar about your education budget..perhaps you should indulge more in Pakistani current affairs programs
I am waiting for some reliable figures to come in, otherwise the best figures I can find are from 2009 for education and 2007 for health.

Yet you are claiming your ridiculous figures again and again...but now I hope you will be able to calculate them on your own .. without waiting for an external source.

Nahh..wrong again.. Pakistani fiscal yrs starts in July..so unless you can prove that figures you quoted have been taken after July 2009 ..you are wrong!!

Blah blah blah... I prove everything while you do nothing. These figures came from the July 2009 budget, i.e. only one budget has happened since. IF you can prove that they happened before, then you have a point otherwise you're wrong.

Yes I can use him as a source ..becuase his article is credible enough to printed in paper unlike yours..but if you have problem with his figures.. I suggest you ask him.

We've been over this about 200 billion times now. His article being printed in a paper doesn't mean sh*t. Newspapers frequently print stuff that is false. Asia Times was never considered reliable ever. I don't need to say anything about him not providing reliable sources.

You do realize that I don't need to ask him (despite me having already done that), because you're using him as a source, not me.

Idealy you should have held your silence and not claim your ridiculous figures again and again, however there is some thing better you can do.

..what you have to do is to first find out what is your % budgetary increase in health and education budget for budgets of 2009-10 and 2010-11.

then you have to find out what was real GDP growth rate for these two yrs ..keep in mind while calculating real GDP growth, to not to apply inflation to savings rate.

then apply this interpolation to 2008-09 education budget figures and calculate it as percentage of this yrs GDP to reach this yrs figures

How is it ridiculous? Your and this guy's figures are ridiculous. Nothing to back it up, while I at least have figures from UN which though might not be from this year but are the latest ones available.

You don't know there is already a big uproar about your education budget..perhaps you should indulge more in Pakistani current affairs programs

There's a big difference between that and what would happen if 0.5% figure was true.

Yet you are claiming your ridiculous figures again and again...but now I hope you will be able to calculate them on your own .. without waiting for an external source.

LOL they're only ridiculous to you.

But as I said, those are the best ones available.

How about this, you do the math and come up with the numbers? I don't have time to do all the sh*t. And besides, just like you've totally not done anything in trying to confirm your figures from reliable source, I am not gonna waste time on this either.

Blah blah blah... I prove everything while you do nothing. These figures came from the July 2009 budget, i.e. only one budget has happened since. IF you can prove that they happened before, then you have a point otherwise you're wrong.

Hey I am not making the claim that these figures came from July budget..you are..so unless you are able to back it..you hold your silence and sit in the corner.
We've been over this about 200 billion times now. His article being printed in a paper doesn't mean sh*t. Newspapers frequently print stuff that is false. Asia Times was never considered reliable ever. I don't need to say anything about him not providing reliable sources.

You do realize that I don't need to ask him (despite me having already done that), because you're using him as a source, not me.

Another conspiracy theory!!..that "Asia times is not a reliable source"..I hope you can provide evidence to back your claim.

How is it ridiculous? Your and this guy's figures are ridiculous. Nothing to back it up, while I at least have figures from UN which though might not be from this year but are the latest ones available.

There's a big difference between that and what would happen if 0.5% figure was true.

LOL they're only ridiculous to you.

But as I said, those are the best ones available.

How about this, you do the math and come up with the numbers? I don't have time to do all the sh*t. And besides, just like you've totally not done anything in trying to confirm your figures from reliable source, I am not gonna waste time on this either.

Bull$hit..I just explianed you to how to calculate the real figures on your own and you and still stuck in those ridiculous claims of yours.

Either Mathematically interpolate figures for this year from last two budgets and show your work ..or bring a ready made source giving this yrs %...

How ever if you can do either..then you should hold your silence and sit tight in the corner..as you are clueless about economics.

but I assure you if you decide mathematically interpolate the figure then I will do my own calculations too..then we can compare our work.

I will see you in a few hours.. I hope you would have taken one of the three options.

Ares get out of your typical indian inferiority complex, your more interested in our budget than us. We are doing alright - worry about your own countries myriad problems.

Suit yourself ..you provides 1yr 8 month old source..which not exactly recent..you have have had two union budgets after that...going from 2.5% to 1.5% is not that big a stretch.

for your info. . Pak spent about Rs.7.5 million on education during 1970 to 2002. . And 2002 to 2011 Pak has spent Rs.79 million on education. .

it was in DAWN news today. .

for your info. . Pak spent about Rs.7.5 million on education during 1970 to 2002. . And 2002 to 2011 Pak has spent Rs.79 million on education. .

it was in DAWN news today. .

What was your GDP in 1970 and what it is today.

And what is 100 PKR worth in 1970 in what it is worth today...ie money looses its value due to inflation

plus both you figures are extremely low and not possible for it to be your total education expenditure ..there is something you are forgetting to add..it would be better if you quote the news itself.

Ares get out of your typical indian inferiority complex, your more interested in our budget than us. We are doing alright - worry about your own countries myriad problems.

If you do not have intellect or knowledge or inclination to debate about this subject ..it would be better you stay out of it.

If you do not have intellect or knowledge or inclination to debate about this subject ..it would be better you stay out of it.

I have enough intellect to inform you of your complex, we are doing fine, india is no utopia - you have many myriad problems, our problems have many good people who are working on them.

Hey I am not making the claim that these figures came from July budget..you are..so unless you are able to back it..you hold your silence and sit in the corner.

:lol::lol:

But you're making the claim that they came before that, so unless you are able to back it..you hold your silence and sit in the corner. :lol:

Another conspiracy theory!!..that "Asia times is not a reliable source"..I hope you can provide evidence to back your claim.

Are you serious? Go look that up yourself. Asia Times is not well known for reliability. A website has to build its credibility. You just don't hand it out credibility. So guess what, provide me source that this website is credible.

Besides, reliable or not, you still need to provide sources to back up numbers that aren't established.

Bull$hit..I just explianed you to how to calculate the real figures on your own and you and still stuck in those ridiculous claims of yours.

Either Mathematically interpolate figures for this year from last two budgets and show your work ..or bring a ready made source giving this yrs %...

How ever if you can do either..then you should hold your silence and sit tight in the corner..as you are clueless about economics.

but I assure you if you decide mathematically interpolate the figure then I will do my own calculations too..then we can compare our work.

I will see you in a few hours.. I hope you would have taken one of the three options.

As I said, they're only ridiculous to you. :lol:

How about this option:

You provide a reliable source for your numbers or get lost.

:lol:

You're really a piece of work.

Your opposition provides all of the proof, while you provide no proof or some random expert who doesn't back his figures. Remember, experts still need to back up the figures they say. What they don't need to back up is their opinion. Opinions vs facts/figures are two different stories. And contrary to what you've said, it's YOUR job to email him and ask for sources, because YOU are using him as a source.

Btw, FYI, I still don't have an email from your "expert".

You want me to mathematically interpolate those numbers since I am making the claim, but you haven't provided any reliable source for your numbers and you're the one who first made those claims LOL.

I have enough intellect to inform you of your complex, we are doing fine, india is no utopia - you have many myriad problems, our problems have many good people who are working on them.

This guy is as obsessed with Pakistan as a non-Pakistani can be. Well there could be worse, but I haven't seen it yet.

And this guy is really a piece of work, like I said.

Provides no reliable source for his claims, yet asks the opposition to provide sources for every single claim they make.

:lol::lol:

But you're making the claim that they came before that, so unless you are able to back it..you hold your silence and sit in the corner. :lol:

Are you serious? Go look that up yourself. Asia Times is not well known for reliability. A website has to build its credibility. You just don't hand it out credibility.

Besides, reliable or not, you still need to provide sources to back up numbers that aren't established.

As I said, they're only ridiculous to you. :lol:

How about this option:

You provide a reliable source for your numbers or get lost.

:lol:

You're really a piece of work.

Your opposition provides all of the proof, while you provide no proof or some random expert who doesn't back his figures. Remember, experts still need to back up the figures they say. What they don't need to back up is their opinion. Opinions vs facts/figures are two different stories. And contrary to what you've said, it's YOUR job to email him and ask for sources, because YOU are using him as a source.

Btw, FYI, I still don't have an email from your "expert".

You want me to mathematically interpolate those numbers since I am making the claim, but you haven't provided any reliable source for your numbers and you're the one who first made those claims LOL.

One does not need a source ..if one knows economics, has budgetary outlay in front for him..GDP figures ..and a calculator ..one can simply caculate these numbers ..so are you up for it because I am?

Sure, calculate the numbers if you can. But no, one does need reliable source to convince everyone.

I still won't take them on face value because I've seen you manipulate statistics before right on my face. So I'll still need some reliable source.

Back
Top Bottom