What's new

Pakistan determined to strengthen ties with Bangladesh: Zardari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen so many deleted posts in a single thread

Frustration? Nay...

Make your mind at first - Earlier you claimed "Bangladesh is a sovereign independent nation state whose elected representatives will determine what foreign functions they will attend and what level of importance they will assign it" and now are assorting it as just a regime.

BTW what I meant by "you people" was GoB and not people as a whole...

"You" is second person i.e logically it means you are addressing people you are speaking to which in this case is forum members or the nation of Bangladesh. If you meant the Awami League government just say so straight e.g. "The GOB".

Yes they are our elected representatives and have to undergo elections which is why they will probably be out of office in 14 months.

You're clueless my dear friend... A summit is altogether different from something called bi-lateral relationships. Considering your thoughts right means considering D-8 platform worthless. Whats the point having membership of an organization when you already have remarkable relations with other members?

What exactly in practical terms does the D8 do or offer?

Not much.

For example Iranian-Pakistani relations are ok and have practical benefits e.g. possible TAPI deal.

The D8 is not that important.

On a personal note I do not feel comfortable with an organization where a country which clearly states it does not see as a "Muslim nation" (rather a mixed religious nation) such as Nigeria is involved. Nothing against Nigeria but it dilutes the "Muslimness" of the D8 if you regularly have Christian Nigerian presidents of foreign ministers involved.

I am much more interested in the OIC or in bi-lateral ties with important states.

SAARC is also another organization with "summits" and it too is worthless.

Anyway Hasina didn't visit Islamabad...big deal...who cares...nothing to lose sleep over.

I'm out of this thread.

"You" is second person i.e logically it means you are addressing people you are speaking to which in this case is forum members or the nation of Bangladesh. If you meant the Awami League government just say so straight e.g. "The GOB".

Yes they are our elected representatives and have to undergo elections which is why they will probably be out of office in 14 months.

Fine, let it be second person I don't care.. Next time avoid the word elected , if you can't then don't contradict yourself by declaring GoB as just a government lead by wajid which has nothing to do with people.

What exactly in practical terms does the D8 do or offer?

Not much.

For example Iranian-Pakistani relations are ok and have practical benefits e.g. possible TAPI deal.

The D8 is not that important.

On a personal note I do not feel comfortable with an organization where a country which clearly states it does not see as a "Muslim nation" (rather a mixed religious nation) such as Nigeria is involved. Nothing against Nigeria but it dilutes the "Muslimness" of the D8 if you regularly have Christian Nigerian presidents of foreign ministers involved.

I am much more interested in the OIC or in bi-lateral ties with important states.

SAARC is also another organization with "summits" and it too is worthless.

Anyway Hasina didn't visit Islamabad...big deal...who cares...nothing to lose sleep over.

I'm out of this thread.

Yup, and you still enjoy membership of such a dud organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom