What's new

Pakistan determined to strengthen ties with Bangladesh: Zardari

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happens when you come upon a diplomatic failure, your president meets an ordinary delegation and pass such a high level statement!

How is that a high level statement? Those words "We are determined to strengthen ties with the visiting country" are said every time officials from foreign government comes over.

Its just lip service

This is what happens when you come upon a diplomatic failure, your president meets an ordinary delegation and pass such a high level statement!

This current govt is total failure for Pakistan, every ministry is a cause of trouble & every ministry looks like uneducated jokers. But Pakistani people deserve them after kicking Musharraf out & cursing him for few bad things.

Now only if Pakistani people left with some brains(which i still doubt) they should vote Imran Khan or Musharraf.

P.S when you get clowns & uneducated jokers ruling the country, every country will take advantage of it, you can't blame Bdsh. Even india succeded in it's demand that Kashmir should be put behind for a while & start trade first, not to mention Afghanistan's shelling & killing FATA people & demanding land from Pakistan.

1. This is not a high level statement but just standard rhetoric that anyone can use.

2. High-level diplomacy is when actual agreements, treaties and deals are mentioned. Suffice to say there were none and it doesn't seem there is any need for any as the two states are not dependent on each other for much. Bangladesh is closer to Bangok than to Karachi. Pakistan is closer to Dubai and Doha than to Dhaka.

3. Bangladesh is a sovereign independent nation state whose elected representatives will determine what foreign functions they will attend and what level of importance they will assign it.

Nigeria too is a sovereign state and I am sure if it too sent a secondary-level representative (as Malaysia and Bangladesh have done) then there would be no outcry, the same attitude should apply to Bangladesh.

Nigeria too is a sovereign state and I am sure if it too sent a secondary-level representative (as Malaysia and Bangladesh have done) then there would be no outcry, the same attitude should apply to Bangladesh.

What went wrong was that Bdsh govt(dunno if in stupidness or intentionally) agreed for their PM to visit at first & then there was some apology nonsense drama & after that your govt changed it's mind again, they change their plan almost 5 times, but as i said in earlier post that Bdsh is not to be blamed but failed PPP is to be blamed.

Actually to tell you the truth, how Bdsh has expose itself to a common Pakistan this year was shocking to most Pakistanis who are taught Bdsh as brother & other stupid nonsense theories, since the time when they are school going kids. It all started i think after Asia Cup matches, but it is good that Pakistani people eyes will open a bit.

How is that a high level statement? Those words "We are determined to strengthen ties with the visiting country" are said every time officials from foreign government comes over.

Its just lip service

A high level statement because it's the president of Pakistan who has passed it during a meeting with an ordinary delegation, a delegation not headed by the head of the state. A minister was supposed to make such remarks, not the president.

What went wrong was that Bdsh govt(dunno if in stupidness or intentionally) agreed for their PM to visit at first & then there was some apology nonsense drama & after that your govt changed it's mind again, they change their plan almost 5 times, but as i said in earlier post that Bdsh is not to be blamed but failed PPP is to be blamed.

Actually to tell you the truth, how Bdsh has expose itself to a common Pakistan this year was shocking to most Pakistanis who are taught Bdsh as brother & other stupid nonsense theories, since the time when they are school going kids. It all started i think after Asia Cup matches, but it is good that Pakistani people eyes will open a bit.

So you are fine with Malaysia not sending their top officials to this meeting?

It's just Bangladesh you single out?

A high level statement because it's the president of Pakistan who has passed it during a meeting with an ordinary delegation, a delegation not headed by the head of the state. A minister was supposed to make such remarks, not the president.

Pakistan should concentrate on developing ties with its neighours e.g. Iran.

1. Iran has more in common with you racially than far away Bangladesh.
2. You have direct borders.

Bangladesh has no border with you and racially, culturally (even to a degree religiously as we are overwhelmingly Sunni with virtually no Shias) has very little in common with you. We need to focus on developing ties with regional neighbours closer to us e.g.

1. Thailand
2. Malaysia
3. Singapore etc
4. China

Good luck in developing ties with your neighbours.

1. This is not a high level statement but just standard rhetoric that anyone can use.

2. High-level diplomacy is when actual agreements, treaties and deals are mentioned. Suffice to say there were none and it doesn't seem there is any need for any as the two states are not dependent on each other for much. Bangladesh is closer to Bangok than to Karachi. Pakistan is closer to Dubai and Doha than to Dhaka.

3. Bangladesh is a sovereign independent nation state whose elected representatives will determine what foreign functions they will attend and what level of importance they will assign it.

Rhetoric? I don't think you people are at speaking terms with us, are you?

Darn, we sent our FM to invite B'desh PM!

Pakistan should concentrate on developing ties with its neighours e.g. Iran.

1. Iran has more in common with you racially than far away Bangladesh.
2. You have direct borders.

Bangladesh has no border with you and racially, culturally (even to a degree religiously as we are overwhelmingly Sunni with virtually no Shias) has very little in common with you. We need to focus on developing ties with regional neighbours closer to us e.g.

1. Thailand
2. Malaysia
3. Singapore etc
4. China

Good luck in developing ties with your neighbours.

You're deciphering me wrong mate, I never said we must concentrate on developing ties with B'desh, revisit my first post.

How we must react should better be left to us. Beside's this summit was not about neighbours, why don't you familiarize yourself with D-8?

Rhetoric? I don't think you people are at speaking terms with us, are you?

Darn, we sent our FM to invite B'desh PM!

Take up your frustration and issues with the current Bangladeshi prime minister and not an entire race with people.

On a personal level, the D8 platform though good (the brainchild of the late Necemettin Erbakan) is not as important to me as other bodies such as the GCC (whom Bangladesh should develop closer ties with considering there may be 4 million Bangladeshis resident in the GCC), ASEAN and general bi-lateral ties with important countries/blocs such as:

- Malaysia
- Indonesia
- Turkey
- China etc

You're deciphering me wrong mate, I never said we must concentrate on developing ties with B'desh, revisit my first post.

How we must react should better be left to us. Beside's this summit was not about neighbours, why don't you familiarize yourself with D-8?

I am familiar with the D8 which consists of for example two states Iran & Turkey who are waging war by proxy against each other in Syria, Iran & Egypt who until recently had minimal relations etc.

The concept is right and noble but in the practical world our diplomat's priorities should lie elsewhere e.g. our fundamental energy needs as when Dipu Moni visited Moscow recently to seal an important nuclear deal.

Other than that we are an important part of the Muslim bloc and have excellent relations with Turkey, Malaysia, train the Qatari navy, train Kuwaiti soldiers and many other things.

Take up your frustration and issues with the current Bangladeshi prime minister and not an entire race with people.

Frustration? Nay...

Make your mind at first - Earlier you claimed "Bangladesh is a sovereign independent nation state whose elected representatives will determine what foreign functions they will attend and what level of importance they will assign it" and now are assorting it as just a regime.

BTW what I meant by "you people" was GoB and not people as a whole...

I am familiar with the D8 which consists of for example two states Iran & Turkey who are waging war by proxy against each other in Syria, Iran & Egypt who until recently had minimal relations etc.

The concept is right and noble but in the practical world our diplomat's priorities should lie elsewhere e.g. our fundamental energy needs as when Dipu Moni visited Moscow recently to seal an important nuclear deal.

Other than that we are an important part of the Muslim bloc and have excellent relations with Turkey, Malaysia, train the Qatari navy, train Kuwaiti soldiers and many other things.

You're clueless my dear friend... A summit is altogether different from something called bi-lateral relationships. Considering your thoughts right means considering D-8 platform worthless. Whats the point having membership of an organization when you already have remarkable relations with other members?

You're clueless my dear friend... A summit is altogether different from something called bi-lateral relationships. Considering your thoughts right means considering D-8 platform worthless. Whats the point having membership of an organization when you already have remarkable relations with other members?

To meet 7 friends at a time is better than meeting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom