Pakistan determined to strengthen ties with Bangladesh: Zardari

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Pakistan determined to strengthen ties with Bangladesh: President
ISLAMABAD, Nov 21 (APP):

http://app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=215681&Itemid=2

President Asif Ali Zardari said Pakistan attaches great importance to its relations with Bangladesh and was determined to further strengthen the existing equation extending it to all the areas of mutual interest. This he said during his meeting with a delegation from Bangladesh headed by Dr. Syed Ali Gowher Rizvi, Advisor to the Prime Minister on International Affairs, here at Aiwan-e-Sadr on Wednesday.

The Bangladeshi delegation comprised of Mohamed Mijarul Quayees, Foreign Secretary, High Commissioner Suhrab Hossain, Tarik Ahsan, Director General Foreign Affairs and other diplomats.
Chairman PPP Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Commerce Minister Makhdoom Amin Fahim, Secretary General M. Salaman Faruqui, SAPM Ms. Shahnaz Wazir Ali, Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani and other senior officials were also present during the meeting.

Bilateral relations, mutual cooperation in the area of trade and commerce and overall region situation was discussed during the meeting.

Discussing bilateral relations, the President noted the convergence of views between the two countries on substantive regional and world issues.

He urged the need for the two countries to continue cooperating and coordinating with each other at all multilateral forums.

The President said that our historical linkages and other commonalities should serve to further strengthen our bilateral relations and help in taking unanimous approach on the issues of mutual concern.

He said that the two sides should encourage high level contacts and the people to people interaction for promoting multifaceted ties of the two countries.

In this context the President mentioned Foreign Minister’s visit to Bangladesh recently and the “Friendship Group” for Bangladesh constituted in Senate to strengthen relations between the Parliaments of the two countries.

The President during meeting also expressed satisfaction over the existing bilateral trade between the two countries and said that conclusion of FTA would further enhance bilateral trade.

He said Pakistan greatly appreciates Bangladesh for its support to the country in securing WTO waiver for its exports to EU.

He also thanked Bangladesh for its support to the flood victims of 2010 in Pakistan.

Professor Gowher Rizvi, Adviser to the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, thanked the President for meeting and the hospitality being extended to his delegation by the Government.

He expressed keen desire of his Government to further strengthen its cordial and brotherly relations with Pakistan.

Bangladesh does not need Pakistan for anything and Bangladeshi politics being what it is the situation is not going to change. The D8 has potential to be something significant but at the moment it's nothing. There was no particular reason for the PM to be there. The dude who is representing BD is an extremely powerful advisor and has more clout that most of the cabinet ministers. True the PM is not there, the FM is off to russia to sign the nuclear plant deal which I am sure is more important than a D8 meet.

Whilst it is a tab bit difficult to defend the way the issue has been handled by Bangladesh, at the same time the general strength of feeling in Bangladesh on specic issues vis-a-vis Pakistan also can not be ignored. The overwhelming feeling is ball is in Pakistans court if it chooses not to play then do be it.

The disinterested detachment shown by Bangladesh and Pakistan towards one another is not helping either country.

do you think after cheap behaviour by your PM, Pakistan wants it. Yes we want it when you guys are seriours and on earth, right now you are dreaming wet dreams. Its only lip job by zardari during D-8 summit.
Sure sure lets go with that
and this zardari guy seems naughty :lol:

Bangladesh does not need Pakistan for anything and Bangladeshi politics being what it is the situation is not going to change. The D8 has potential to be something significant but at the moment it's nothing. There was no particular reason for the PM to be there. The dude who is representing BD is an extremely powerful advisor and has more clout that most of the cabinet ministers. True the PM is not there, the FM is off to russia to sign the nuclear plant deal which I am sure is more important than a D8 meet.

Whilst it is a tab bit difficult to defend the way the issue has been handled by Bangladesh, at the same time the general strength of feeling in Bangladesh on specic issues vis-a-vis Pakistan also can not be ignored. The overwhelming feeling is ball is in Pakistans court if it chooses not to play then do be it.

The disinterested detachment shown by Bangladesh and Pakistan towards one another is not helping either country.

Malaysia also sent a downgraded team.. is it related to BD?

Bangladesh was disrespectful in the way they handled the D-8 situation. Hasina has made her bed, Zardari should stfu and let her lie in it.

Bangladesh was disrespectful in the way they handled the D-8 situation. Hasina has made her bed, Zardari should stfu and let her lie in it.

Your FM made so much drama before coming to BD. Then again we sent few of our ministers including FM and you people did not have decency to reciprocate. Before that your PM what the heck was his name (got suspended by HC) prostponed his visit to BD as well. I think Hasina made the right decision not to attend Pakistan. Malaysia also not attending and you are not making any issue out of that.

in 1971 , India Used Bangali people to win with Pakistan .......but the major uneducated part of Bangladesh failed to understand it and Believed Sheikh Mojibor ! Sheikh Mojibor Did Everything to become the King Of this Region , But my Bangali Brothers Failed to Understand IT.Still His Daughter Sheikh Hasina is speaking about War Criminal just as an Election Propaganda .......but still our brothers r failing to understand it.

who care BD in pakistan ? no one know where is country is on planet earth even :) zardari just say few good words for every D-8 nation

Pakistanis do not know where Bangladesh is. Do you people not teach history in your school. But I think I am being entirely unfair to Pakistanis as a whole so it is being retracted.... You should return to your drinks dude...

Bdsh PM or FM(or even if none of Bdshi minister) coming to Pakistan is not the issue at all, but bringing that useless apology garbage everywhere is issue.

BTW PPP is extereme failure of Pakistan, kick these PPP useless @$$h0l3s.

BD must stop its cheap behaviour. When that happens, then we can officially move on towards strengthening ties.

do you think after cheap behaviour by your PM, Pakistan wants it. Yes we want it when you guys are seriours and on earth, right now you are dreaming wet dreams. Its only lip job by zardari during D-8 summit.

Excuse me but relationships are not made with the PM of a country but with the people of the country. Here I see Children from two countries throwing insults at each other. Please grow up my friends.

Pakistan would love to normalize relationship with Bangladesh and improve trade with each other that benefits these two brotherly countries.

Please remember Bangladesh does not ONLY comprise of Pakistan-hating Awami Leaguers, but Bangladesh also has Muslim Brothers who love and support Pakistan. Before insulting BANGLADESHIS, remember that by calling Bangladeshis insulting names you are also insulting our friends in Bangladesh. Please Grow up childish Pakistanis ( those amongst us who are childish ).

I would love to see good relationship with our Bangladeshis Brothers and would love to go visit and see how I can help my poor Bangladeshi brothers and sisters. Maybe we can set up Schools and Clinics and help them. Maybe we can trade with them so their Economy grows along with ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom