What's new

Pakistan Denies Operation in N. Waziristan

The war of independence was over 200 years ago. I was referring specifically to the religious nutjobs and, yes, they are in the same league as the Taliban: David Koresh and the Branch Davidians, Timothy McVeigh, the Unabomber, etc..

My point was in reference to the historic relevance of militias in American culture. Regarding David Koresh there are a lot of conflicting reports exist, the witnesses did stated that FBI started to fire live rounds inside the church with out provocation.
But again we are getting off topic here.

Unless Jana ji prescribes to the belief that Balochistan and Parts of NWFP are not really Pakistan. :azn:

But then to her point, she didnt say the only country.. just the 1st country..

Jana - short memory eh..forgot air strikes, helicopter gunships at work in FATA, South wazirastan and Balochistan for so many years ! First country in the world..right?

Please read following post of Saber what i said if you can understand simple language

What Jana means is that India was the first ever country to bomb it's own citizens and in case you are unaware of your history it happened in 1966....

People Seek Apology From Indian Govt For Aizawl Airstrikes | Sinlung

Your point would be valid were it not for the fact that it is not the illiterate but the so called educated who the grist for the Islamist religio-political parties mill -- the increasing infiltration of the armed forces by Islamists highlights this fact.

Exactly, i just spoke of the 70% majority in this post but in another post in another topic i also said that if you conduct a poll on this very forum where 100% people represent only the 5% highly educated public of Pakistan you will find at least 40% will be militant sympathizers, what to say of the less educated or illetrate. This just further reiterates my point that in order to implement the solution you have proposed, we either have to magically change the minds of over 15 million Pakistanis or we have to kill half of them.

Pakistan to launch operation in North Waziristan: Report – The Express Tribune

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has decided to launch an air and ground military offensive in North Waziristan, the main sanctuary for al Qaeda and Taliban on the border with Afghanistan, a report in The News said on Monday.
The United States has long demanded that Pakistan launch an offensive in the region to hunt down the Haqqani network, one of the deadliest Afghan militant factions fighting American troops in Afghanistan. Pakistan has been reluctant, but has come under intense US pressure to launch an operation there.
The News newspaper quoted unnamed “highly placed sources” as saying Pakistani airforce planes would soften up militant targets under the “targeted military offensive” before ground operations were launched.
The report said an understanding had been reached over the offensive during last week’s visit by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. A US embassy official said he was checking into the report. Pakistani officials were not immediately available for comment.
Pakistan has maintained that its troops were already too stretched fighting Pakistani Taliban insurgents in other parts of the northwest to tackle North Waziristan.

If the report turns out to be true, it is mind boggling and baffles me as to how such operational information was leaked prior to action with utter disregard to our troops safety.

THIS unnamed “highly placed source” M#&*@ F*(@&K*R should be be traced and sent to prison.

If we are to conduct an operation in North Waziristan then we need more air ordnance. We require more LGBs and more precision munitions as these have been used quite effectively against targets in South Waziristan.
We also need more Mi-17s for the logistics; the Mi-17 has been the work horse for Pakistan Army in the South Waziristan Operation.
Also the militants are scared of the Cobra , they call it the ‘Machar’ ( mosquito ) and when the heli truns up they run away.
So if we are to conduct an operation we would need replenishment of the following
• More LGBs and even JDAM kits for dumb bombs
• More Attack Helis, additional cobras , it’s been confirmed that the militants run form the helis
• More Mi-17s as these are the work horses for ferrying troops and supplies
Also the air raids and heli attacks have to start now to start softening the targets and access for traitor type journalists and media persons needs to be cut off completely.
Also full use of heavy artillery has to be put into place with a mix of High Explosive and aniti –personal air burst shells, for accurate targeting the American have Laser Guided Artillery which they should provide to us.
Clearing Waziristan is not as monumental task as its been made out to be, its factors like ‘innocent civilains’ and the media orgy over suicide bombings and other nonsense that will follow are the problematic part.

Oh okay, so now we are going in to NWA, thanks God it is PA this time to operate on ground level.. It would be better for NATO forces to not interfere or else the problem will escalate.. there would be more "revenge" attacks thus more "Militant recruitment" on the basis of "foreign" invasion..

We will also have to gauge first what are the real intentions of forces across the border, in the SWA operation US/NATO forces vacated their posts which allowed militants to escape into Afghanistan.
This is a complicated matter and as a first step we have to ensure that the weapons and ordnance that we need to conduct the operation are in place

I am not in the favor our operation in NWA. As we know that the economy of FATA depends upon NWA.The operation will disrupt the social fabrice of the area. There are 4.2 million IDPs...GoP is supporting them without any help from UNHCR, the question is how out Govt will sustain their help?

IMO its US pressure, and recent visits of Clinton and Mullen, that we are conducting this operation...US were pressurizing GoP since past few months, after OBL and Mehran incident, their case has naturally become strong...though Al Quaida has accepted Mehran's incident, we all know who were the real culprits.

Its high time that we make decisions according to our national interests and not bow down in face of external pressure.

I m a common (poor) Pakistani man who has to bear the countless number of barricades everyday , there r long queues and we hav to wait in scorching heat . The soliders manning those barricades don't allow entry or let u pass unless u hav ur oroginal NIC with u , (i m thinking of making a locket of it ) , yet the general perception is if anybody wants to do something (i-e TTP etc.) they will still do it n only common folks r been pissed with these security checks , if only it was the only problem . Then comes the perception of our military that they hav become mercenaries now ... give US $ n they will do anything for u . Our army is very good ....at hurting poor civilians (a fact once again proved by a Majour who detained a lady lectureer ... what kind of honour wold that man hav ... worst still he represents the chain of command in our army ...this goes on to show the mindset of our army ...honourless , spineless faggots )

I m a common (poor) Pakistani man who has to bear the countless number of barricades everyday , there r long queues and we hav to wait in scorching heat . The soliders manning those barricades don't allow entry or let u pass unless u hav ur oroginal NIC with u , (i m thinking of making a locket of it ) , yet the general perception is if anybody wants to do something (i-e TTP etc.) they will still do it n only common folks r been pissed with these security checks , if only it was the only problem . Then comes the perception of our military that they hav become mercenaries now ... give US $ n they will do anything for u . Our army is very good ....at hurting poor civilians (a fact once again proved by a Majour who detained a lady lectureer ... what kind of honour wold that man hav ... worst still he represents the chain of command in our army ...this goes on to show the mindset of our army ...honourless , spineless faggots )

Tayyab, these all preventive measures are for you and other people, do you think the person checking 500cards a day is interested in this work? Most of soldiers i met, say that they want to go back in their unit or in the front line...this life is not what we wanted!

About the Maj Sahab's incident, IMO people like him are an ultimate disgrace to the uniform and country!

About the Maj Sahab's incident, IMO people like him are an ultimate disgrace to the uniform and country!

This kind of flaw comes out in the academy, in the psych evaluations - and yet he got promotion after promotion -- it's good to own Pakistan, lets be fair, it's good, heck, it's great - you are police, judge, jury and whatever and Pakistanis know that -- so I don't know if the major is the shameful example, it's an institutional problem, not the problem of an individual.

US policy is 2 convert afghan taliban in to Pakistani taliban. .so they dunt hv 2 fight the mess

This kind of flaw comes out in the academy, in the psych evaluations - and yet he got promotion after promotion -- it's good to own Pakistan, lets be fair, it's good, heck, it's great - you are police, judge, jury and whatever and Pakistanis know that -- so I don't know if the major is the shameful example, it's an institutional problem, not the problem of an individual.

Without exact details of his past records,we can't comment on the 'institutional problem'...soldiers posted in combat and places like Siachien may have psychological disorders....

Institution wants professionalism in their field, and good behavior with men under them....this type of public behavior generally don't come under the discussion, unless he is reported.

Go get them ... Go Pakistan go ...

(+) Illiyas Kashmiri on target

US policy is 2 convert afghan taliban in to Pakistani taliban. .so they dunt hv 2 fight the mess

That’s plausible and that’s why we have to look at this from a lot of angles before committing to this operation

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom