What's new

Pakistan Denies Operation in N. Waziristan

If the drone strikes were killing TTP terrorists, there would be less TTP attacks in Pakistan. The TTP network would be dismantling. But they have increased, & the TTP network has gotten stronger.

All it takes is a few men and blow themselves up and claim they just got stronger. Media tends to make it look like it don't it? Does that mean the Pakistani military is defeated?

All it takes is a few men and blow themselves up and claim they just got stronger. Media tends to make it look like it don't it? Does that mean the Pakistani military is defeated?

No, the military is not defeated for heaven's sake. Pakistan controls 98% of it's country's territory, & the terrorists only have very few strongholds.

I think this news report has a special significance in initiating potential NWA operations:

Unity among North Waziristan militant groups crumbles | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Well the battlefield is prepared/shaped in a variety of ways.

Can you compare your Maoists to our Taliban?
The situation and circumstances are not similar- and i think you are not familiar with the gravity of the situation- comparing an internal separatist movement to the global war on terrorism is just plain stupid-

Agree mostly, but Maoists are not separatists. Actually they want to overthrow the govt thru use of arms.. Unlike earlier groups like ULFA etc

I think PA and GOP should ask US and NATO to conduct this operation using their own resources. PA should cordon off the area to stop any militants from infiltrating inside Pakistan, scrutinize and register the IDP to ensure no terrorists escape this way and ask NATO and US soldiers to conduct the ground operation themselves. They have much better resources, vehicles, weapons, aircrafts than Pakistan Army and they are better trained so they will be able to inflict more damage on the militants. Plus they will have no taliban sympathizers within their ranks to sabotage their operations as the case might be with PA.
Howzzat?

No, the military is not defeated for heaven's sake. Pakistan controls 98% of it's country's territory, & the terrorists only have very few strongholds.

I think this news report has a significance in influencing the NWA operations:

Unity among North Waziristan militant groups crumbles | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Dude, when terrorists are able to daily launch attacks in Peshawar, Karachi and similar areas of Pakistan with impunity, its a little presumptuous to claim complete control over 98% of Pakistan (yesterday someone was saying 99%). The 1st step towards solving a problem is identifying the gravity of that. TTP is not playing the game that AT plays in Afghanistan. Of holding control over land. They are simply spreading mayhem by attacking everywhere at will. Hence saying Pakistan controls the territory is no use since the game itself is not of holding territory..

I think PA and GOP should ask US and NATO to conduct this operation using their own resources. PA should cordon off the area to stop any militants from infiltrating inside Pakistan, scrutinize and register the IDP to ensure no terrorists escape this way and ask NATO and US soldiers to conduct the ground operation themselves. They have much better resources, vehicles, weapons, aircrafts than Pakistan Army and they are better trained so they will be able to inflict more damage on the militants. Plus they will have no taliban sympathizers within their ranks to sabotage their operations as the case might be with PA.
Howzzat?

That equates to an invasion of Pakistan by NATO. The reaction to this will not be pleasant. Plus, I have issues with your claims that they are better trained for this. Afghanistan war has proved this is not the case, despite their advantages in resources and technology, their training has barely caught up to the demands of the war.

Aerial strike against your own country men... Bravo!!!Bravo!!!

I don't think these sort of problems can be solved by weapons... aerial strikes may turn the North Waziristan people against Pakistan...Its like digging a hole under your own foot..

Though Maoists are a big problem for our Country, our government never opted for a strike with IAF... Always negotiation is the best way to solve the issues forever..
:what: now i wonder what Indians want ?? if we dont carry operation in NWA then bharatis aka Indians come crying with their propaganda that Pakistan is playing and now when we have decided to carry out operation in North Waziristan, the same Indians are again at it coming up with air strikes on own people like emotional blackmail.

anyway FYI India is the only country in the world who had carried out air strikes against own citizens in Mezoram for the first time in the history.

so atleast you have no moral right to even speak about it

What's wrong with everyone here ? Since when are people in rebellion and insurrection, "ones own countrymen" ??

Pakistani army could have saved thousands of Pakistani lives from daily bomb attacks had they launched this operation an year ago.

NOT True. you will see this will rebound and we will have more suicide attacks on civilians.

:what: now i wonder what Indians want ?? if we dont carry operation in NWA then bharatis aka Indians come crying with their propaganda that Pakistan is playing and now when we have decided to carry out operation in North Waziristan, the same Indians are again at it coming up with air strikes on own people like emotional blackmail.

so atleast you have no moral right to even speak about it

I fully agree.. If this news is true, then its the step in the right direction.. All the best to Pakistan on this. There certainly will be a backlash and probably more like the one we saw in Karachi naval base (since that is more AT/LeT style than TTP) if Pakistan moves against these groups, but the need will be to stay strong and stay the course.

And I strongly disagree - this NWA operation is not necessary at this time and it will be a huge failure, in the sense that the Pakistan government will again let the people of the area down, because the Pakistan government will not be able to provide services and the whole rubbish will start all over and this time become a more focused rebellion.

The real problem is not in NWA, the real problem is how the Pakistani state is ambiguous about terrorism and terrorists, and this attitude carries over in the general population, in fact the entire political and social framework is built around a radical extremist narrative -- it is this that must be targeted by the Pakistani state - laws to deal with religious political activism, laws to define the limit thereof, laws that outline clearly what is the good and what is not -- we go into NWA for the US, do you think fo r a minute that the US will stand with us when we will have to go in there again, this to cure Pan-Pashtun-ism married with radical marxist thought??

Lets solve the problem where it really exists - in the NWA, the problem is the failure of the state to deliver services and this problem requires significant resources and will - neither avialbale in Islamabad nor Rawalpindi .

That equates to an invasion of Pakistan by NATO. The reaction to this will not be pleasant. Plus, I have issues with your claims that they are better trained for this. Afghanistan war has proved this is not the case, despite their advantages in resources and technology, their training has barely caught up to the demands of the war.

Well if we are allowing them to conduct drone attacks in the same area and have not reacted to them doing an operation in the heart of Pakistan than why should we have a problem with them conducting an operation? It will at least mean no collateral damage for Pakistan army. Regarding the reaction, do you think it will be any different from the reaction to PA doing the operation? Like i said, let us ensure nobody escapes the area inside Pakistan and let NATO do the ground operation, let them suffer collateral damage for once, better trained soldiers, equipment and all.

As I have been saying in these pages it is coming true. After getting caught red handed with OBL in an army base custom safe fortress, Pakistan army has no option but to follow US orders. That is one of the reasons US has decicded to reduce its own men in Pakistan. Now there is no need for US to waste their own people. Pakistan army would finally has to take action against the people who have been killing Pakistanis by tens of thousands. The following has already been done:

US has been given access to OBL’s family and the compound again.
The helicop. parts have been returned.
The action in North Waziristan is finally going to happen.
The cooperation of Pakistan army with Islamist terrorists is reduced.
Even though the ghairat brigade and 2/3 of Pakistanis believe US attack didi not kill OBL, but not a single Pakistani civil or military official dared make such a stupid statement.
There is already investigation going on against the presence of Jehadis in armed forces. That is the reason Mehran Base was attacked by the insiders. I can keep giving more examples but the point is clear. No more excuses and double crossing. Do the job or The US would do it.

Let's destroy them, rid of them for killing million innocent people !

:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom