What's new

Pakistan demands apology over drone strike

@ iphone
its not me who said that it was american when we sold aimal kansi that was the time he said this in court.
Alright bro, but you don't have repeat that garbage, let alone put it in your sig. Thanks for removing it, though.

This 'free Davis ' mission was a suicide mission for ISI , all the respect earned by the army after Mush's departure and hard work by PA during flood operations have all gone down the drain . It may not have been this bad for the Army had the US not thanked us with a drone strike . this drone attack , the timing of it and the fact that all innocents were killed is a 'hard slap' on our face . Our army is not a defender but a bunch of mercenaries , paid by the US . The only way out is to ask US government to pay 'huge' damages to those innocent families or this war on terror is over , no more NATO containers . Trust me if US had to pay millions of dollars in compensation they won't do this again ... americans worship their interest and money is hard for them these days .

Why do you guys think Kayani and ISI are allowing these drone strikes?

I don't think anyone believes them to be sellouts like Zardari.

Clearly the US has some huge leverage over these guys. Any shooting down of a drone will trigger a massive retaliation.

Well i have got not much right to say over it but here are my 2 cents
just a few days back we had a report saying all those who died in drone strikes were militants now they are asking for an appology i think so it is just to divert peoples attention from raymond davis thats it

@iphone
i have changed my signature does this changes the reality ...
it now makes you hapy ?????
and where were you when an american saiid sooo....

Reality is that there are scumbags in all societies and cultures. Pakistanis overall are very self-respecting people. Out of thousands I know, all love and respect their their mothers, fathers etc.

If one scumbag said a trashy thing about us you don't have to become totally characterless and make a signature about it. But I think you already felt bad and changed it quickly. Brother, if our leaders have become totally shameless doesn't mean we do the same.

Did I not tell you It was going to happen when i said as soon the murderer is released US will payback. Just wait and watch for more as US goes out of afghanistan.

No need to drag Govt into it, if it was the Govt davis would have been released on the same day, it was Army pressure davis was kept for this long as soon Army demands fulfilled davis is released, and with it comes the gift to Pakistanis and in the face of Pak Army. But thats how it goes and I am sure Pak Army might have got what it needed from US.

The Job of the Head of Army is not to issue statements now and then but to take Actions, statements as our airspace is safe we are ready! those drone downing exercises whose drones were they going to down anyways afghanistan? iran? china?
Did any one of you hear if the soldiers died by NATO attack got compensated as US soldiers families are compensated. How the NATO and US fight for the rights and blood money of their soldiers while Pak Army considers soldiers are considered cattles by Top Brass.

MastanKhan your inputs where are you i would love to know from you give these guys need some turf to stand on.

CAOS condemning it and President asking for an apology?! Not enough, not at all! We knew RD will go free, but in such an abrupt style, that only brings shame to us. As for CAOS, at least he is tying to protect something (yeah; his image) than us Pakistanis, by issuing the condemnation. And for the President, is he still here in Pakistan, I thought he be at some party in Dubai.
This drama has brought what we all always knew somewhere in our hearts. People blaming each other, blaming the extremes of the two ideologies, arguing with each other as if that will solve anything, rather than doing what is best for our nation. Burning tires, damaging our properties, beating each other up in the streets. Alas my nation! We have been thrown in the pit yet again!

The Army cannot go against the US as a force , all it can do is protest.I am sure Army isnt happy about these drone strikes but they lack the measures to stop US as no one in this world can afford to have crossroads with US.!!!

why not sarbajit Singh throw some money in front of these beasts & get free like davis ?

We all knew "what" Zardari was from Day 1. But I certainly expected better from Kayani. I'm extremely disappointed by his behavior. While I still don't doubt his patriotism (the same can't be said of Zardari of course) I thought he held a lot of sway over Americans. But apparently, he doesn't. He's like a scared child in front of him. I think the Americans thought Pakistan were stalling the North Waziristan operation, & just completely lost their patience. However, for someone who so thoroughly think about their military strategies, don't realize that these drone attacks will destabilize Afghanistan & Pakistan even further, & that is a very risky proposition for both the US & Pakistan. You can't expect to kill everyone, it's not possible to do that. The US & Pakistan are about to face very dire consequences for these drone attacks, & it would be wise for Pakistan to order the US to stop the attacks (which they haven't done of course), instead of 'demanding apologies & condemning' the attacks.

For a man of few words, Kiyani sure has disappointed with a mere condemnation. An attack of this proportion, that too a day after Davis' release, shows arrogance on part of USG and the CIA. Shoot the next one down and then evaluate with the USG where you stand in this god forsaken war.

The Army cannot go against the US as a force , all it can do is protest.I am sure Army isnt happy about these drone strikes but they lack the measures to stop US as no one in this world can afford to have crossroads with US.!!!

This isn't about going to war against the US. Some clear lines and objectives have to be drawn and must be drawn.
What happend yesterday it's gonna have dire consequences.

Just as the question was posed to Musharraf some ten years ago by the US, are you with us or against us, the same question is about to be posed to Kiyani by the tribesmen this time.

You are looking at severe consequences for this action. Already the Armys image is in the toilet over Davis' issue and now this fiasco. If nothing is done the army is going to be alienated from the people, and guess who makes up the army? the same people.

Back
Top Bottom