What's new

Pakistan demands apology over drone strike

Why are pakistanis making fun of their own govt and army? Every country does bargaining and tries its best to get the best bargain. Pakistani govt can stop the drone attack, but they want to win in the long run. If you stop thinking cynically, you will know, keeping US as an ally when you have two hostile neighbours and whole world having negative impression on you, is a big plus. And nothing is happening without pak govt consent.

In addition to that, leaders in pakistan have made sure they are no more dependent on one ally, US or china.
Can anyone think of dealing the situation in better way(no fantasy please)

For me, killing the militants using drone, while blaming Americans publicly is excellent idea.

lol That was original

I'm not proud of saying what I said. But these leaders have took every last bit of respect from the nation. They sold themselves for dollars ages ago now they're selling our honor and self-respect, too. It's not a moment of pride that we admit to our nation being a slave, it's utter shame.

Why are pakistanis making fun of their own govt and army? Every country does bargaining and tries its best to get the best bargain. Pakistani govt can stop the drone attack, but they want to win in the long run. If you stop thinking cynically, you will know, keeping US as an ally when you have two hostile neighbours and whole world having negative impression on you, is a big plus. And nothing is happening without pak govt consent.

In addition to that, leaders in pakistan have made sure they are no more dependent on one ally, US or china.

I think it's a healthy sign that there's some light criticism. At least I support it because some of them are too funny lol

But seriously, yea man, the moment the question of blood money came in to light, which was at least 3-4 days before the deal took place, I was expecting someone to checkmate the US embassy by making their own offer matching any blood money that could be offered. Secondly, that lawyer from LHC I saw on the show posted here, said that no one filed a case of illegal possession of arms against Davis. So how could the court convict him on that, without a case?

I, for one, think there was a lot that could be done with Raymond Davis still in possession. I am not talking about Aafia Siddiqui either, she is an American citizen, and Pakistan has no right to ask for an American citizen who has committed a crime against Americans, outside of Pakistan. But there were so many more things that could be done. Raymond Davis could easily be held for much longer duration and deals could be done on the frequency of drone strikes. Also, Raymond Davis's apprehension could be used to give the ISI a strong ligimate ground to again monitor all the visas issued to the Americans for Pakistan.

I do think the Pakistani government handled the case rather shoddily.

I'm not proud of saying what I said. But these leaders have took every last bit of respect from the nation. They sold themselves for dollars ages ago now they're selling our honor and self-respect, too. It's not a moment of pride that we admit to our nation being a slave, it's utter shame.

I know man, and I understand. And trust me, I did not laugh at your emotions or Pakistan's state of affairs.

Just that what you said sounded so funny lol

For me, killing the militants using drone, while blaming Americans publicly is excellent idea.

Because after the murderer Raymond Davis has been released we Pakistanis finally realized that no one in power in Pakistan care about Pakistani lives. For them Pakistani lives means nothing.

The Pakistan military just cares about its F-16s and other toys from US that are just collecting dust in closed doors and Pakistani politicians just care about their mansions and villas in Dubai and London.

No one really cares about Pakistan. When US first attacked Pakistani territory no politician/army member voiced their anger except for Imran Khan and now its a routine. 22 innocent Pakistanis killed one day by US drone attacks, 50 innocent Pakistanis killed the other day by US drone attacks. The same is going to be the case with CIA agents killing Pakistanis in broad daylight. Its going to be a common routine like drone attacks in FATA because the CIA murderer was set free.

No one does anything when an innocent Pakistani life is lost that is why we Pakistanis are angry at our military and our politicians.

For Pakistani government and Pakistani military, Pakistani blood is very cheap. U.S. went to war against 3 nations for their 3000 people killed, more innocent lives has been lost in Pakistan by US drone attacks and for Pakistani politicians and military it means nothing. Shame on ISI, Pakistani military, and Pakistani government (And I was once a supporter of Pakistan army and ISI but not anymore).

Because after the murderer Raymond Davis has been released we Pakistanis finally realized that no one in power in Pakistan care about Pakistani lives. For them Pakistani lives means nothing.

The Pakistan military just cares about its F-16s and other toys from US that are just collecting dust in closed doors and Pakistani politicians just care about their mansions and villas in Dubai and London.

No one really cares about Pakistan. When US first attacked Pakistani territory no politician/army member voiced their anger except for Imran Khan and now its a routine. 22 innocent Pakistanis killed one day by US drone attacks, 50 innocent Pakistanis killed the other day by US drone attacks. The same is going to be the case with CIA agents killing Pakistanis in broad daylight. Its going to be a common routine like drone attacks in FATA because the CIA murderer was set free.

No one does anything when an innocent Pakistani life is lost that is why we Pakistanis are angry at our military and our politicians.

For Pakistani government and Pakistani military, Pakistani blood is very cheap. U.S. went to war against 3 nations for their 3000 people killed, more innocent lives has been lost in Pakistan by US drone attacks and for Pakistani politicians and military it means nothing. Shame on ISI, Pakistani military, and Pakistani government (And I was once a supporter of Pakistan army and ISI but not anymore).

Brother with all due respect, the history of Pakistan should be enough to see the army are a complete joke from drunkard general to those incompetant to lead and the corruption within by taking slices out of defence contacts to line their own pockets, most have been trained in FT.Lauderdale including Kiyani and would gladly auction the lives of Pakistani citizens for an extremely cheap price.

As for ISI, you just need to look at how they were established aswell how they handled the Afghanistan and Kashmir issue to realise how idiotic they truly were by working against our very own national interest in order to please US & co.

Guess what!

From past 2 days my friends (around 50-60) friends who are close friends of mine and 30 of which we are mostly met in the week (all are PRO ARMY before 2 days and also belongs to Army families). Today they are extremely hate Pakistan army in these 2 days. I am already against PAkistan Army before but not much .... Now i am damn against Pakistan army like them. Why ... in Pakistan from past 2 days people hate Army and ISI more thn Govt why ?

We have non issue like this before 9/11. Non of Pakistani died like this way before 9/11. Everytime we blame Islam on everything.. dont forget Islam before 9/11 thr as well.

Let me give you a simple example. These ARE NOT TERRORIST WHO KILLING PAKISTANI! these are Americans and CIA Agents who are working WITH PAKISTAN ARMY AND AGENCIES to kill pakistani without there approval no one dare to did such kind of things in Pakistan. Its only 1st case about any CIA agent caught red handed how many Raymond davis doing such things everyday we dont know. Musharaf sold this country in 9/11 and now that bastard sitting outside this nation and passing statements that B**** even dont have balls to come on the street of this nation and annouce even single bullshit about him people will kill him like sialkot innocent kid's murder even worst then that.

44 people died. I am pretty sure 44 or 20 or 100 all are innoceent no bullshit terrrorist there just making false propoganda against Pakistan. Let me ask you a question when your mothers sisters brother father etc died like this WHAT YOU WILL DO NEXT ??? u will hold the weapon and kill pakistanis definltly try to kill govt or army and YES U R 101% RIGHT ON YOUR THING Because those (relatives) who died was also innocent. You damn care about anyone and kill anyone... so IMO these terrorists are not actually terrorist these terrrorist and 1000000 of terrorist made by PAKISTAN GOVT AND PAKISTAN ARMY AND PAKISTAN ISI! against PAKISTAN!

I am already against Pakistan army because my point of view remain same (before and now more against Pakistan Army like yours and like 1000000000000000000000000000000 of Pakistani's who already changed their minds about Pakistan Army).

These fuking F16s, Tanks, Ships blaa blaa never help any country to win a war today i bet i bet i BET on this if India or Any country will try to attack against pakistan our people even not say anything or nor even support pakistan Army and govt. WHY .. because this (hatred) feelings inside pakistani made by these leaders like Musharaf Nawaz Zardari Altaf etc in every single Pakistani.

Sorry to say but we lost our pride our nationality and our faith!

Naam ke ... Pakistani leader hain ye

They don't even have enough courage to tell to Americans - GET LOST ... you fly any soliders or any weapons with in 100 km of Pakistan it will be Shot down -

What will US DO ??? I mean really what will they do ??? Nothing sure they will give weapons to India , so who cares we have nuclear weapons -

I mean what will USA do ?? sanctions on us ?? Like they did in 1990 ? Did that do anything to our moral or love for our country no ...

our politicians

Instead they gave thousand of visas to these KILLERS kidnapping Pakistani men/women - and children in some cases to pressure parents and families

Sharam ani chahiya ... how can they call themselves Pakistanis - after doing this

I mean - the problem is our country has become a super power but our leaders are , that same , pan handlers who want easy money ..

Himat hai to they should stand up and tell US you intervened in any muslim nation we will side by Muslim nations - and enough of this drama bazi - this "coalition" force

Why are there no bomb detonations in China or Iran ? because they have banned USA form coming in they TRACK them step by step that is real intelligence ...

Not our none sense - boot licking thats been going on , one boot licker goes other one comes in and they invite him to washington for private dinners ( where they bribe them ) with future

Americans are only HEROS against defenceless and unarmed people - their best hobby is to arm , gangsters in other nations and then go in pretending to liberate the people ...

Even if US gives Stealth planes to India does not matter , as both us and india know any nuclear war will be mutal destruction

US has nothing but MENTAL threat against us , and we need to show them LOOK BOSS BOHAT hogiya tera time , ab nikel le patli gali se

Sometime I wonder if US has installed bombs in each Pakistani politician's brains , if they say no it will detonate , I mean the FEAR and boot licking is unparalleled to any phenomenon .....

SUCH loyalty ---- and wafadari ...I know I know if they let in 40-50 pakistanis to be killed they will get a I love USA t-shirt

Phir , after this they have the nerves to stage the DRAMA , the next day "the protest drama" lol

I mean kiss ko bewaqoof bana rehe hain ye ... in ko to chappal utar ker marni chahiye

Strong protest lodged:Pakistan pulls out of Afghanistan meeting

ISLAMABAD: The resolution of the crisis involving Raymond Davis should have brought about a substantial improvement in Pakistan’s relations with the US, but a new irritant — the drone attack that killed 45 people in North Waziristan on Thursday — has served to erode any goodwill that may have been generated by the departure of the CIA operative.

On Friday, Islamabad announced that it had decided to pull out of next week’s trilateral ministerial meeting between the United States, Pakistan and Afghanistan in protest against the deadly attack on a jirga.

The tough message from Islamabad was delivered to US Ambassador Cameron Munter after he was summoned to the Foreign Office, where Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir handed over a demarche on the drone attack in Dattakhel area of North Waziristan.

This is the second time that a state has pulled out of the trilateral meeting, which had been rescheduled for March 26 in Brussels. Earlier, the US had pulled out of the meeting that was initially planned for February 23-25 in Washington because of a diplomatic standoff with Islamabad over the Davis issue.

Two days after the CIA operative’s release that followed a “re-definition of intelligence cooperation contours” in the words of security officials, Pakistan’s foreign ministry was suggesting that the fundamentals of the broader Pak-US ties be revisited.

“It was evident that the fundamentals of our relations need to be revisited,” Secretary Salman Bashir was quoted as having told Ambassador Munter.

The Foreign Office, which has been extremely mild in the demarches issued to US envoys in the past, tried to up the ante on Friday, probably to counter the general impression that Davis was released because Islamabad could not withstand Washington’s pressure.

Hence, not only did Mr Bashir caution against treating Pakistan as ‘a client state’, but also warned the Obama administration to rein in the trouble-makers.

“It was for the White House and the State Department to hold back those who have been trying to veer the Pakistan-US relationship away from the track.”

The foreign secretary is believed to have been alluding in this comment to the CIA, which controls the drone strikes. Even though CIA’s collaboration with the ISI is touted to be the bedrock of bilateral security cooperation, the truth is that the two agencies’ divergence on strategic issues is the root-cause of the troubled ties between Washington and Islamabad – the Davis saga was one manifestation of the malaise.

The Foreign Office statement said Mr Munter acknowledged the seriousness of the matter and that he would travel to Washington to convey the message.

“Ambassador Munter said that he understood clearly that this was not a proforma demarche. He will rush to Washington to convey Pakistan’s message to the US administration at the highest levels,” the statement noted.

Publicly Pakistani officials deny any agreement with the US over drone strikes, but recently a senior military official acknowledged the effectiveness of the attacks when he said that most of those killed were hardcore militants and that there was little collateral damage.

Despite official protests, which too had stopped lately, drone attacks in Fata were never among the red lines conveyed by the PPP-led government to the Obama administration, documents available with Dawn show. Red lines refer to actions that Islamabad would not accept.

CIA’s Special Activities Division has been carrying out attacks on targets in northwest Pakistan using pilotless drones since 2004. This year there have so far been 19 drone strikes in which about 95 people have been killed.

Strong protest lodged:Pakistan pulls out of Afghanistan meeting | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

Strong protest lodged:Pakistan pulls out of Afghanistan meeting

ISLAMABAD: The resolution of the crisis involving Raymond Davis should have brought about a substantial improvement in Pakistan’s relations with the US, but a new irritant — the drone attack that killed 45 people in North Waziristan on Thursday — has served to erode any goodwill that may have been generated by the departure of the CIA operative.

On Friday, Islamabad announced that it had decided to pull out of next week’s trilateral ministerial meeting between the United States, Pakistan and Afghanistan in protest against the deadly attack on a jirga.

The tough message from Islamabad was delivered to US Ambassador Cameron Munter after he was summoned to the Foreign Office, where Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir handed over a demarche on the drone attack in Dattakhel area of North Waziristan.

This is the second time that a state has pulled out of the trilateral meeting, which had been rescheduled for March 26 in Brussels. Earlier, the US had pulled out of the meeting that was initially planned for February 23-25 in Washington because of a diplomatic standoff with Islamabad over the Davis issue.

Two days after the CIA operative’s release that followed a “re-definition of intelligence cooperation contours” in the words of security officials, Pakistan’s foreign ministry was suggesting that the fundamentals of the broader Pak-US ties be revisited.

“It was evident that the fundamentals of our relations need to be revisited,” Secretary Salman Bashir was quoted as having told Ambassador Munter.

The Foreign Office, which has been extremely mild in the demarches issued to US envoys in the past, tried to up the ante on Friday, probably to counter the general impression that Davis was released because Islamabad could not withstand Washington’s pressure.

Hence, not only did Mr Bashir caution against treating Pakistan as ‘a client state’, but also warned the Obama administration to rein in the trouble-makers.

“It was for the White House and the State Department to hold back those who have been trying to veer the Pakistan-US relationship away from the track.”

The foreign secretary is believed to have been alluding in this comment to the CIA, which controls the drone strikes. Even though CIA’s collaboration with the ISI is touted to be the bedrock of bilateral security cooperation, the truth is that the two agencies’ divergence on strategic issues is the root-cause of the troubled ties between Washington and Islamabad – the Davis saga was one manifestation of the malaise.

The Foreign Office statement said Mr Munter acknowledged the seriousness of the matter and that he would travel to Washington to convey the message.

“Ambassador Munter said that he understood clearly that this was not a proforma demarche. He will rush to Washington to convey Pakistan’s message to the US administration at the highest levels,” the statement noted.

Publicly Pakistani officials deny any agreement with the US over drone strikes, but recently a senior military official acknowledged the effectiveness of the attacks when he said that most of those killed were hardcore militants and that there was little collateral damage.

Despite official protests, which too had stopped lately, drone attacks in Fata were never among the red lines conveyed by the PPP-led government to the Obama administration, documents available with Dawn show. Red lines refer to actions that Islamabad would not accept.

CIA’s Special Activities Division has been carrying out attacks on targets in northwest Pakistan using pilotless drones since 2004. This year there have so far been 19 drone strikes in which about 95 people have been killed.

Strong protest lodged:Pakistan pulls out of Afghanistan meeting | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

woops...i dont know how a smiley face got into the heading...sorry

Mr Kiyani,Pasha the pakistan nation knew that you are more working in the interest of usa rather pakistan. So please dont bulshit with the nation and do protect the life and property of the people of pakistan or if not resigned the post immediately.

Why Datta Khel be attacked?

By Iqbal Khattak

PESHAWAR: The Central Intelligence Agency of the United States was finding it hard to convince Pakistani counterparts to justify the attack on a madrassa in Bajaur’s Damadola area wherein around 80 people were killed on October 30, 2006.

“If this justification is taken into account, then every school where morning physical trainings are taking place qualify to be attacked by you (the Americans),” the Pakistani counter-terrorism officials argued days after the deadly attack, which divided the two partners over the question of sound reasons for the strike.

The Thursday’s attack on what officials said jirga of Madakhel tribe in remote Dattakhel town near the Afghan border appears to be erred in judgment as it was the case with Damadola attack, experts asserted. Political and military consequences were immediately realised and both Chief of the Army Staff Gen Ashfaq Kayani and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Masood Kausar reacted angrily and the attack might prompt suicide attacks inside the country from the militant groups.

The attack comes nine days after General Officer Commanding Seven Division Maj Gen Ghayur Mehmood told embedded journalists in Miranshah on March 7 that innocent civilians were caught in the drone attacks, but most of those killed in these strikes were “terrorists.”

“Yes, there are a few civilian casualties in such precision strikes, but a majority of those eliminated are terrorists,” Maj Gen Ghayur said.

In the Thursday’s attack, according to accounts of eyewitnesses reached North Waziristan headquarters Miranshah on Friday, those who were killed were “innocent.”

Dattakhel is home to Khadarkhel and Madakhel tribes, mostly doing the business of cutting woods in forests and who now have gone to Gulf states in big numbers to earn livelihood.

It is a mountainous and far-flung area and located right on the border and militants exploit the ideal conditions for hit-and-run strategy against the coalition forces across the border in Afghanistan.

“Since the area is just on the border and militants can quickly disappear into the civilian population, it is equally important for both the militants and the Americans in different perspective,” a Miranshah-based journalist spoke of the ideal location of the town for the militants. “It is like no-man’s land.”

The ideal location theory does not suggest the Thursday’s attack on the civilians was justified. These mass killings will have adverse effects on the war against extremist elements and Pakistan Army may pay a high price, and late evening outburst by Gen Kayani underlines the urgency GHQ feels to be shown as damage-control exercise.

It leaves nothing to doubt that the country’s security establishment lends equally important support in selection and execution of targets through the US drone. Outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud was taken out in a drone attack after he was kept “tracking for eight days.”

“The masses, as such, are normal. They are neither pro-US nor anti-Taliban,” a Miranshah-based journalist said of the two tribes’ inclination. However, the journalist pointed to a serious question in the backdrop of the Thursday’s attack. “It was an attack on tribal people’s tradition. Jirga is a strong institution in tribal code of life and that is a dangerous development that a tribal institution was attacked.”

Jirga has been under fire, however, from the militants who targeted such gatherings when anti-Taliban issue was under discussion. Dozens of tribal elders fell victims to attacks from the Taliban in recent past.

Back
Top Bottom