What's new

Pakistan Defence Forum is back online.

After having been targeted with a sophisticated cyber attack from a neighboring state, we have recovered the platform for our users. All services should work normally. An update process is ongoing, we will keep everyone posted as it proceeds. Please be advised that we have incurred some data loss spanning last 15 days, apart from that everything else should work normally.

Horus from Pakistan Defence Administration.

great job guys, even the pdf mobile is working (fingers Xed)

They also not let you use the server. :)
If the bandwidth is used up by trash packages, then there is no room for ordinary users, and they
will see this as the server is not available.

Did some studies on effect of DDOS using NTP
Send 50,000 packets per second -> Get 50,000 replies from server.
Send 150,000 packets per second -> Get 50,000 replies from server.
Send 600,000 packets per second -> Get 10 replies from server!

The CPUS are only spending their time receiving packets, and have no time for actually processing them.

Welcome back PDF....... keep up the good work webby!
:oops: I get worried too, how else will I have such wonderful conversations with you- where I talk and you ignore my presence :D:lol:

Looks like I'm alive again after this cyber attack. Someone banned me for more than 3 months. I wasn't even trolling, but I guess some mods don't like my counter-arguments and counter-questions.

If the bandwidth is used up by trash packages, then there is no room for ordinary users, and they
will see this as the server is not available.

Did some studies on effect of DDOS using NTP
Send 50,000 packets per second -> Get 50,000 replies from server.
Send 150,000 packets per second -> Get 50,000 replies from server.
Send 600,000 packets per second -> Get 10 replies from server!

The CPUS are only spending their time receiving packets, and have no time for actually processing them.

There are ways of thwarting DDOS attacks (NTP or otherwise) and these were invented a couple of decades ago. I'm sure Horus et al know what measure to take. Talk to your cloud ISP. :-)

After having been targeted with a sophisticated cyber attack from a neighboring state, we have recovered the platform for our users. All services should work normally. An update process is ongoing, we will keep everyone posted as it proceeds. Please be advised that we have incurred some data loss spanning last 15 days, apart from that everything else should work normally.

Horus from Pakistan Defence Administration.
Was it from Iran? :D

Looks like I'm alive again after this cyber attack. Someone banned me for more than 3 months. I wasn't even trolling, but I guess some mods don't like my counter-arguments and counter-questions.
Maybe we could go to an Indian forum? :) :P

Well, looks like tis the Time!

Was it from Iran? :D
I think afghanistan

Kya keron yaar, jab bhi online aati hoon @Hyperion ko dekte hi mein sari computer science bhool jati hoon :cheesy:.....I used even a cyber attack as an opportunity to flirt, I def. need to get banned LOLOL

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and could you please change the sex in your profile to female. Thank you.

Damn you know I had to actually work for that period!!

PS: @Horus : pls share the ip details from the attack, will see if I can take it up with some cyber crimes unit.

nice, I'm back from my ban a week earlier. :smokin:

and the shoutbox and stickies are fixed :partay:

they better recreate those data files... my historic comments shouldn't be allowed to vanish.

:D
The world is poorer and considerably dumber without my comments... mods do find them and republish.. its a loss to humanity if they cant. I would even encourage people to frame some of them and keep in their living room.

IP ban Indians like they do with us on their sites.

The world is poorer and considerably dumber without my comments... mods do find them and republish.. its a loss to humanity if they cant. I would even encourage people to frame some of them and keep in their living room.
Chawal

Back
Top Bottom