What's new

Pakistan defence budget for 2014-15 $11.30 billion

Lol 3 billion can't even cover pensions and salaries for our soldiers.

Its dollars , not 3 billion rupees

3 Billion Dollar is enough to keep whole Pakistan running after we got it from IMF so I am pressure sure soldiers can live well with 1 Billion budget

Its dollars , not 3 billion rupees

3 Billion Dollar is enough to keep whole Pakistan running after we got it from IMF so I am pressure sure soldiers can live well with 1 Billion budget

I clearly meant dollars.

ja airport par attack ho fouj jaye, jab flood aye fouj jaye , jab security problem ho fouj jaye aur phir jab budget ki baat aye tu fouj sara bugjet kha gai ...

This include nuclear as well. $7bn is divided like this

Army 48%
PAF 20%
Navy 10%
And rest 22% for nuclear etc
why does navy get so little
even India spends over 25% on navy and is expected to increase that to 30% by 2020

1 Q: "the total budget" means the budge of center government or whole government include local government?

This is not a new thing, Pension, CSF and a few other expenses have been excluded from 'defense budget' header since Musharraf's time. Pakistan defense expenditure has been consistently upwards for 3% of GDP, since last ten years.
NO MILITARY includes pension in the budget. You probably knew that yet continue with your deceitful ways.

NO MILITARY includes pension in the budget. You probably knew that yet continue with your deceitful ways.

Yours did..up until few year ago..and I have told you this before also.

Already a thread is running at this topic .........
Actual Defence Spending Rs 1113 billion

ill logic:

1- In the article of Express Tribune pension of retired personal from armed forces is included, but as a standard practice 'pension of any retired employee of the federal Government is accounted separately' from the budget of that department/ organization fall under the supervision of Federal government this separate accounting is not exclusive with the defence budget only. (read:Chapter-5 Current Expenditure 2014-15, Table-15, page 22 Federal Budget 2014-2015 in Brief Ministry of Finance Government of Pakistan)

defence-pension-jpg.33814

BTW after the retirement from Arm forces 'they become civilian' ......

2- US Department of Defense has not demanded or notified to Congress which is required under SEC.1233e-1 of REIMBURSEMENT OF CERTAIN COALITION NATIONS FOR SUPPORT PROVIDED TO UNITED STATES MILITARY OPERATIONS for any CSF reimbursement to Pakistan as of yet, nor Pakistan has included any such funds in its budgetary appropriation of federal receipt 2014-15, moreover CSF is the reimbursement of Pakistans's expences for its support of US military operations in Afghanistan which will end in 2014, so no funding is expected.
csf-2014-jpg.33815

3- As far as Contingent liability is concern it is used to write off Loans not necessarily for defence sector read Sttical Suplements of 2012-13 & 2013-14 for further detail (Current Expentiture, Chapter-10, 35- Subsidies and Misclanious Exp) so it the author need to clarify how is he assuming that all these Contingent liability fund will be used for Defence related exp .... ??

How come military pension is thrice that of civil???

Yours did..up until few year ago..and I have told you this before also.

Your post makes it sound like only Pakistan does. Read the second sentence "Pakistan spends upwards of 3% of GDP on defence". If you're counting pensions then most countries that care about their military spend over 3% as well.

Your post makes it sound like only Pakistan does. Read the second sentence "Pakistan spends upwards of 3% of GDP on defence". If you're counting pensions then most countries that care about their military spend over 3% as well.

I believe that plan allocations always cover salaries and pensions.

Back
Top Bottom