What's new

Pakistan cricket can collapse if india wants: Rameez

Why does PCB need 50% funding from ICC? Why are PCB not able to cover 100%?

Almost every federation be in football, Hockey or cricket release funding to member states from earnings. Usually the funding goes to those members which are in initial stages of game on national level and need infrastructure like Afghanistan Cricket board in this case. But established boards also get a share out of because

1. They are the reason ICC exists and makes profits.

2. No one will ever care about cricket if only India, England and Australia plays it. They will still need 8-10 member states. You can not hold cricket world cup of 3 countries. Bad for cricket and bad for ICC. So it's responsibility of ICC to prevent member boards from bankruptcy. It wants PCB to run cricket affairs actually it needs PCB to do so.

That being said. I am not a fan of cricket but I am a supporter of sports. I recommend increase of atleast 200% in Sports budget in next federal budget. This is the only way to make someone listen to you. Psychology says that people are more inclined to go ve respect to opinion of a financially independent (ameer) person than a dependent.

Almost every federation be in football, Hockey or cricket release funding to member states from earnings. Usually the funding goes to those members which are in initial stages of game on national level and need infrastructure like Afghanistan Cricket board in this case. But established boards also get a share out of because

1. They are the reason ICC exists and makes profits.

2. No one will ever care about cricket if only India, England and Australia plays it. They will still need 8-10 member states. You can not hold cricket world cup of 3 countries. Bad for cricket and bad for ICC. So it's responsibility of ICC to prevent member boards from bankruptcy. It wants PCB to run cricket affairs actually it needs PCB to do so.

50% ? ICC funding should be supplementary. I would love to see the audits of the last 30 years. Just don't know how to manage your finances.

Shouldn't allow incompetent buffoons at the helm of supposedly elite organisations.

exactly!

these smug turd indians were treated like bakris by Pakistan team they only got better after cricket was dumbed down and turned into WWE an entertainment sports with fake punches i used enjoy cricket not just Pakistan spanking delusional supa powa but also watched test matches but then Indian had this brilliant idea to boost their egos lower the standard and turn cricket into a bollywood shitshow and thats when my interest in this sports ended!

Lol. Your Biryani eating players in this age do not have standard or fitness to play a sport in this time. Sachin played top class cricket till 37. Kohli, Bumrah, Umesh, Hardik fitness is top class. These players havent eaten delicacies for years.
Our Olympic Badminton player PV Sindhu hasn't eaten her fav ice cream and Biryani for the last 2 years. She won bronze. Dedication is important. Pakistan has consistently seen its quality decline cos the other countries players fitness has gone up. Including Bangladesh.

India contribute 90% in ICC earnings. PCB get 50% of funding from ICC. 80-90% of Pakistan total sports budget goes to PCB. Where is the problem ?
Why does Pakistan national budget pay PCB (a private entity) for anything? That does not make sense.
Why does PCB need 50% funding from ICC? Why are PCB not able to cover 100%?
Not being able to organize home series could be one of the limiting factors for PCB.

The cricketer PM could also not fix PCB, what a shame. What does the PCB need money for? Because i have seen the main stadiums and it seems PCB doesnt spend much on stadiums, what else they spend money on? Yeah the extravagant salaries of corrupt PCB officials. I would be happy if actually ICC and india stops any funding to PCB. Cricket is a famous sport in Pakistan and it should be earning money, not in need of funding.

Big balls from rameez for telling the reality and not being delusional. We need to shift to other sports, thats the only way. Let indians play cricket with themselves.

Lol. Your Biryani eating players in this age do not have standard or fitness to play a sport in this time. Sachin played top class cricket till 37. Kohli, Bumrah, Umesh, Hardik fitness is top class. These players havent eaten delicacies for years.
Our Olympic Badminton player PV Sindhu hasn't eaten her fav ice cream and Biryani for the last 2 years. She won bronze. Dedication is important. Pakistan has consistently seen its quality decline cos the other countries players fitness has gone up. Including Bangladesh.
agree! we need to up our standards! but that doesnt mean you can boost your egos by lowering standard of the game!

exactly!

these smug turd indians were treated like bakris by Pakistan team they only got better after cricket was dumbed down and turned into WWE an entertainment sports with fake punches i used enjoy cricket not just Pakistan spanking delusional supa powa but also watched test matches but then Indian had this brilliant idea to boost their egos lower the standard and turn cricket into a bollywood shitshow and thats when my interest in this sports ended!

I agree with you only to the extent that Indians are being smug and that is not a good thing. But how did India dumb down cricket? Has India changed any of the on-field rules of the game? Are there any rules that apply to the rest of the cricketing teams but not to Indians? The only significant changes that have happened over the last few years is the introduction of technology (replays assisting umpires). Purists may hate it, but that is a different thing altogether.

Nobody denies that Pakistan has produced great players and at one time had a very formidable team. All teams go through a cycle. India has been a strong team of late, but we don't belittle the Pakistan team just because we are better than before. Brazil is a pale shadow of itself in football and Germany isn't doing that well either. Does it mean football has dumbed down?

I personally stopped watching cricket in 2010 for multiple reasons:
  • Too many reports of match fixing
  • Same teams all over again, no variety, no surprises, no new players, no new rivalries.
  • No patience
By all means exit cricket and invest in other sports. But from Ramiz's statements it appears that it is precisely the lack of funds in PCB that is making it hostage to ICC. Then what funds are you going to divert to other sports? I am not being sarcastic, this is a logical question. Maybe you will find an answer in the fact that the miserable state of non cricketing sports in the sub continent has not got to do all with money, but many other factors, the prime among them being a lack of 'sporting mindset and rigour'. Most south Asians cannot swim or run to save their lives. Europeans, Americans and Australians find this shocking. Maybe south Asians should find it shocking too.

jisdin say ye aya hey chur chur chur chur lagaye hoi hey oo bhai kaam kar hamnay chur chur karnay wala PM 3 saal se dekhlya hey kaam kar kaam phir batain ******

I agree with you only to the extent that Indians are being smug and that is not a good thing. But how did India dumb down cricket? Has India changed any of the on-field rules of the game? Are there any rules that apply to the rest of the cricketing teams but not to Indians? The only significant changes that have happened over the last few years is the introduction of technology (replays assisting umpires). Purists may hate it, but that is a different thing altogether.

Nobody denies that Pakistan has produced great players and at one time had a very formidable team. All teams go through a cycle. India has been a strong team of late, but we don't belittle the Pakistan team just because we are better than before. Brazil is a pale shadow of itself in football and Germany isn't doing that well either. Does it mean football has dumbed down?

I personally stopped watching cricket in 2010 for multiple reasons:
  • Too many reports of match fixing
  • Same teams all over again, no variety, no surprises, no new players, no new rivalries.
  • No patience
By all means exit cricket and invest in other sports. But from Ramiz's statements it appears that it is precisely the lack of funds in PCB that is making it hostage to ICC. Then what funds are you going to divert to other sports? I am not being sarcastic, this is a logical question. Maybe you will find an answer in the fact that the miserable state of non cricketing sports in the sub continent has not got to do all with money, but many other factors, the prime among them being a lack of 'sporting mindset and rigour'. Most south Asians cannot swim or run to save their lives. Europeans, Americans and Australians find this shocking. Maybe south Asians should find it shocking too.

duh!!!

basic rules thats change that dumped down cricket was making bowlers "Bakri" of batsmen in the name of entertainment!

indias strength was always batting even though they sucked at playing swing that was their strength (never made them great team) so with influx of money into cricket india influence started growing and they dumped down standards of cricket by changing rules like limited fielders and change of balls etc technology is all good but lowering standard thats very indian i would say!

cricket was a test of skills!

if you are a great bowler you would make batsmen struggle and if you are a great batsman you will make great bowlers your bakri!

that was cricket now its all cheerleaders and ads bollywood drama!

swing the ball your greats will shit their penties! how are they great! your guys cant bat in overcast conditions still they struggle! please dont give me bs of recent english series i am talking about years and years of cricket not one offs!

There is no incentive for india to crippled pcb.
O really?
Not playing cricket with Pakistan, not issuing visas to Pakistanis for any cricket event in India, lobbying internationally for teams to not come to Pakistan?
Indian obsession with Pakistan is an incurable disease.
jisdin say ye aya hey chur chur chur chur lagaye hoi hey oo bhai kaam kar hamnay chur chur karnay wala PM 3 saal se dekhlya hey kaam kar kaam phir batain ******
تم لوگ چھو منتر چاہتے ہو۔ سامری جادوگر لے آو۔عام آدمی تو چر چر ہی کرے گا ، کام کرنےکےساتھ، اور کام میں
وقت لگے گا۔

Last edited:
I checked and it seems India only contributes 30-34%, not 90%. what's his calculation? I personally don't know much about cricket or its administration...

agree! we need to up our standards! but that doesnt mean you can boost your egos by lowering standard of the game!

We have not lowered any standards of the game. Our last Indian ICC president stood against his own BCCI board and made sure more money is being spent on associate nations. A reason why Afghanistan (will lose them again sadly) and Ireland has been given test status. Next T20 world Cup will feature 32 teams. It's getting bigger. Nepal is one powerhouse team to watch for.

In women's, Thailand team has been rocking the boat for sometime. I mean Thailand. Cricket has gotten bore with the same 11 teams playing each other. But some effort has been in the last 5-6 years. PNG, Malaysia, UAE, Netherlands are becoming better. I would really like PCB to contribute more towards associate nations instead of dependent upon ICC. Even get China onto the game.
duh!!!

basic rules thats change that dumped down cricket was making bowlers "Bakri" of batsmen in the name of entertainment!

indias strength was always batting even though they sucked at playing swing that was their strength (never made them great team) so with influx of money into cricket india influence started growing and they dumped down standards of cricket by changing rules like limited fielders and change of balls etc technology is all good but lowering standard thats very indian i would say!

cricket was a test of skills!

if you are a great bowler you would make batsmen struggle and if you are a great batsman you will make great bowlers your bakri!

that was cricket now its all cheerleaders and ads bollywood drama!

swing the ball your greats will shit their penties! how are they great! your guys cant bat in overcast conditions still they struggle! please dont give me bs of recent english series i am talking about years and years of cricket not one offs!

Adopt to the times. Those days people had no idea how Akram or Waqar reverse swung. With the tech, no can be a mystery for long. Same for bowlers. They can analyze batsman weaknesses and bowl to that. There are lots of bowlers who do that. Ajanta Mendis wasn't mystery for too long. He was figured out with help of tech.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom