What's new

Pakistan cricket can collapse if india wants: Rameez

Vikki

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has to reduce its dependence on funding from the International Cricket Council (ICC) as much of cricket's global governing body gets its funding from India, said the board's chairman Ramiz Raja. Ramiz said that this effectively means that cricket in Pakistan is at the mercy of Indian businesses and any political pressure in India to stop this funding can spell disaster for the sport in the country.

"The ICC is a politicised body divided between the Asian and Western blocs and 90 per cent of its revenues are generated from India. It is frightening," the PCB Chief said appearing before the Senate Standing Committee on Inter-Provincial affairs on Thursday in Islamabad.

"In a way India's business houses are running Pakistan cricket and if tomorrow the Indian PM decides he will not allow any funding to Pakistan, this cricket board can collapse," he added, but did not elaborate on the specifics.

There is no incentive for india to crippled pcb.

Even I have read the news in Pakistani media that an investor is also ready to fill up the blank cheque if Pakistan team beat India in world cup.
I mean seriously?
Pakistan as a country is not enough to motivate the players to beat India? They need shinny money to motivate themselves. Lol

I knew India was a significant contributor to ICC, but did not realize that it had this high a stake.

Yesterday, the PCB chief had said that Pakistan cricket was offered a blank cheque from a sponsor if Pakistan beats India in the upcoming T20 WC. This game on the 24th has a lot in stake now :tup:

In a way India's business houses are running Pakistan cricket and if tomorrow the Indian PM decides he will not allow any funding to Pakistan, this cricket board can collapse," he added, but did not elaborate on the specifics
just cricket? I suspect more

If then Pakistan needs to find revenues to give ICC to reduce the dependencies the world cricket has on India. Naturally as a lover of this game, the game is bigger than a nation. But all I have seen is member nations complaint they need more money instead of raising money and contributing towards the sport.

Ramiz urges PCB to strengthen its financial status
The newly-appointed PCB chairman said that the “PCB must strengthen its financial status to increase its value before the International Cricket Council (ICC) as well as other cricket boards”.

He told the committee that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) generates 90% of the revenue for ICC whereas the PCB contributes nothing.

"The ICC provides 50% funds to PCB. I'm afraid Pakistan Cricket may collapse if BCCI stopped funding the ICC,” he said.

Raja further said: “The truth is that money is now everything in world cricket. PCB has to strengthen its financial status in order to increase its value before the ICC."

The News

So 50% of PCB is paid for by 90% contribution from India.
India effectively pays for Pakistani cricket.
8-)8-)o_O:coffee:

I think he probably means PCB can collapse

the Pakistan cricket have historically provided top class players even when PCB was at its infancy. We dominated India for about 50 years right from 1950s to early 2000s and that’s the story of most nations we played against

Pakistan will not stop producing world class players even if PCB is unable to nourish the talent as they already does little contribution in that regard

As much as I love cricket, but if we are not self sufficient, then time to get out of this sport and any other, if we can't support it ourselves.

I think he probably means PCB can collapse

the Pakistan cricket have historically provided top class players even when PCB was at its infancy. We dominated India for about 50 years right from 1950s to early 2000s and that’s the story of most nations we played against

Pakistan will not stop producing world class players even if PCB is unable to nourish the talent as they already does little contribution in that regard
exactly!

these smug turd indians were treated like bakris by Pakistan team they only got better after cricket was dumbed down and turned into WWE an entertainment sports with fake punches i used enjoy cricket not just Pakistan spanking delusional supa powa but also watched test matches but then Indian had this brilliant idea to boost their egos lower the standard and turn cricket into a bollywood shitshow and thats when my interest in this sports ended!

I don't understand how a flagship sport in a country with over 200 million people cannot be self sufficient. Corruption is deep rooted. Can't even trust the accountants.

India contribute 90% in ICC earnings. PCB get 50% of funding from ICC. 80-90% of Pakistan total sports budget goes to PCB. Where is the problem ?

exactly!

these smug turd indians were treated like bakris by Pakistan team they only got better after cricket was dumbed down and turned into WWE an entertainment sports with fake punches i used enjoy cricket not just Pakistan spanking delusional supa powa but also watched test matches but then Indian had this brilliant idea to boost their egos lower the standard and turn cricket into a bollywood shitshow and thats when my interest in this sports ended!
Lol Big F in deal. No one cares if you watch it or not.

India contribute 90% in ICC earnings. PCB get 50% of funding from ICC. 80-90% of Pakistan total sports budget goes to PCB. Where is the problem ?

Why does PCB need 50% funding from ICC? Why are PCB not able to cover 100%?

Other countries have gotten better and Pakistan has not kept pace.
That's clearly India's fault.
We did not start 20/20 and other variations.
Other countries did.
We just managed to find the right formulae supported by a huge fan base.
We all play Test series, a five day test of skill strategy and endurance.
That is not Bollywood or fake or WWE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom