What's new

Pakistan Could Have Technical Edge on Indian Air Force Despite Rafale Jet Deployment: IAF Veteran

The veteran is not qualified because he just tried to show them reality similar to the fantasy of flying AWAC/Asian Raptors maintaining no fly zone over Pakistan Airspace in past unless the actual face off

Any wonder they keep bringing back B S Dhanoa to keep blowing wind up their Sarees with a wry smile.

And you a habitual troll consider yourself more qualified than an IAF veteran.
Wonder why the IAF invited someone like Christian Fair for professional inputs, let's face it, she probably never sat in a cockpit in all here life....
When it comes to weapons systems and sensor I am definitely more qualified than him.
Although he likely has far better knowledge on aerial tactics.

IIRC China is also developing new variants of the PL-12, including a rumoured ramjet version. So, the PAF could have the chance to experiment and get a decent idea how each type of AAM works at various altitudes, ranges, etc.

True.

JF-17s with PL-15's are enough to enforce no fly zone for Rafales or what ever.
Project AZM will employ PL-15's as standard AAMs anyway.
Sir which AMRAAM are you referrring? Our AIM 120C5 or AIM 120D cuz ours have signaficantly lesser range

Range becomes an abstract concept in air warfare at a point not so distant.

AIM-54 Phoenix had a pretty impressive range for its time. But its effectiveness was bogged down due to multiple reasons.

C-5's are still by far one of the best missiles out there. It is prone to forward jamming (due to lofting), its range is ideal in Indo-Pak scenario, fire and forget capability and what not.

Project AZM will employ PL-15's as standard AAMs anyway.
Sir what is the expected time when Project AZM will have its first flight? Is Project AZM modified J31 or a new design?

Range becomes an abstract concept in air warfare at a point not so distant.
So can u tell me what SU 30 lacked during the engagement with our F16s? Indians claim it was the lesser Range of R77 as compared to C5 which was the culprit

When it comes to weapons systems and sensor I am definitely more qualified than him.
Although he likely has far better knowledge on aerial tactics.
Oh we are honoured to have an Indian genius on the forum.
One expects a person of your qualifications sitting next to General Bakshi....so why are you wasting your time on PDF....do you enjoy the humiliation.

And you a habitual troll consider yourself more qualified than an IAF veteran.
Wonder why the IAF invited someone like Christian Fair for professional inputs, let's face it, she probably never sat in a cockpit in all here life....

We will talk and compare with the likes of Meteor as and when they become operational with the IAF.
I wonder what indians will say if typhoon enters PAF with meteors, some things are hinting towards that path recently especially the most recent visit of MBS brother with Officers specifically from RSAF :-)

One expects a person of your qualifications sitting next to General Bakshi....so why are you wasting your time on PDF....do you enjoy the humiliation.
Those TV guys pay way too less and want one to stick to their agenda (right wing or left wing)

This statement might be for getting more latest jets and missiles from the ministry of defence.
I mean, everything is secondary to the army in India, so no opportunity is lost to get more for the other two arms.

Wrong.
It only either matches the AIM-120D or is very slightly better.
Obviously one cannot expect mighty USAF to be happy with a similar capability /performance weapon which is why they are developing AIM-260 which will outrange the PL-15 by a huge factor, just like AIM-120D outranged China's PL-12 by a large margin.
So USAF is lying that aim 120D out ranges aim 120c5 by 60%.
If aim 120c outranges r73& sd10 its range is ~100+ thats put aim120d at 150+
Where is meteor? ~150
Is aim 260 ramjet ..no..its probably dual pulse rocket engine

I have attended classified briefings on Chinese weapons incl. Pl-15 during quad exercises.
So I know very well PL-15 & it's reality.

Nonethless one does not need classified info to deduce that as PL-15 inferior propulsion tech is proof enough of it's inferior range and kinematic capabilities
So you have attended classified briefings about aChinese missiles in India and are now sitting on the net telling us how you are aware of classified information. Now where do I start tearing a hole in your post. Unlike bharat ratshit there are some sane heads around here so cool it laddie.
What is a person with classified info doing sitting on the net. The RAW should have a whale of a time drilling your orifices.
Secondly not much is known about the PL15 barring some basic data. So what is the Indian source of such vedic information. Did you stand on the himalayas and catch the wind coming from the China side? Or was it just the Corona Virus.
If you want to let loose a lie at least make it credible. Otherwise as they say ""shut the fudge up"
People we have a choro in our midsts.
A

Fortunately he is wrong as PL-15 is much inferior to Meteor, PL-15 is regarded as comparable to AIM-120D (Meteor is 2 times superior to AIM-120D in every engagement envelope).

More importantly PL-15 is fitted with dual pulse motor which is a much older tech compared to Meteor's Ramjet engine, which is why Meteor's No escape zone is a whopping 60-70 km & that of AIM-120C is only 25 km & for AIM-120D 35 km (same as PL-15).
Thanks to ramjet, Meteor is the only operational air to air missile in the entire known universe that is capable of terminal stage manuevers.
You speak very highly of the Meteor Missile as if the Rafale plays second fiddle to it, but that's another discussion altogether.

I'm sure you've read this topic a lil' over a month back.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/rayt...g-us-missile-defense-secrets-to-china.651975/

It speaks of a 48 year old US-born Chinese/American who recently got arrested for leaking information to the Chinese. You know...worked for Raytheon, Inc. - Laptop* - Travelled to China with it.

Now there is no way of really knowing if he did what he has been accused of, but lets say....hypothetically, he did do what he's been charged with. Do you seriously think that is where the Chinese would stop.

In a scenario like this, your precious Meteor with the Ramjet capable of Terminal Stage Maneuvers is currently being produced under the name PL-20 & being shipped to the PAF for the Block III.

Obviously I used 'hypothetically', so you need not hyperventilate.

[However, one should never underestimate the Chinese]​

Fact is, espionage never truly died. Anyone who thinks that its a lost art of the Cold War, needs to look at the what the World holds today.

No one here discredits the Rafale or the Meteor. But judging by the lack of confidence and ever evolving statements within the ranks (Past/Present) of the IAF - one can't help to feel a sense of confusion within the IAF.

*Just so that everyone is clear what was on it...
1. The AMRAAM.
2. Redesigned Kill Vehicle (RKV) program - Pentagon cancelled the program last year due to technical problems.

@Beast @beijingwalker

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom