What's new

Pakistan considers ban on import of Luxury cars & smartphones

Its about one billion dollars bill but the down sides are far far
Greater millions of people are directly and indirectly earning their livelihood through mobile/smartphone business. I am posting via a smart phone other wise I'll be out of touch think about a person without social media. In this day. and age.
I remember iks speech in which he said smartphone are so costly in Pakistan why? its not
a luxury item. Its a necessity, yes all luxury items import should be banned.

My driver has one
Correct me if if I'm wrong. We should continue importing luxuries unabated without hindrance no matter even if we are in debit trap. For that matter even projects of grave national importance are put on hold because of liquidity crunch...

Correct me if if I'm wrong. We should continue importing luxuries unabated without hindrance no matter even if we are in debit trap. For that matter even projects of grave national importance are put on hold because of liquidity crunch...

The problem is that banning "luxury" items merely promotes smuggling. The real debt trap is energy imports and falling exports.

This kind of plan tends to backfire. It is akin to implementing alcohol ban in Pakistan.

This is a the carrot stick policy and fake alternatives. The government will ban the import of bunch of other things and spare the smartphone and people will be happy.
Imran Khan is a good politician testing the waters before making the big decisions. Even with the Atif Mian fiasco. Man tested the waters by appointing the most discriminated minority religion advisor before giving the really juicy posts to minorities in future.

Pakistan cheese industry needs a boom. I wanna see some traditional Punjabi Pizza.

It should have Punjabi Cheese, Punjabi Tomato Sauce, Punjabi Bread. No more imported cheese.

Who wants to open a branch of
“Pizza d’el La Hore”?

A new breed of Punjabi cheese. Tasty, gooey, soft, chewy, fresh, dairy. NOT PANEER!

Should be 100% Ban on NONE ESSENTIALS

a) Used cars from Japan
Japanese-Used-Car.jpg

b) Smartphones from USA

iphones.jpg

c) Franchise Fees for Franchises should be banned !!!! Not allowed to leave country

Example franchise not all may exist in Pakistan
fast%20food.jpg

d) Potato Chips Imported should be banned
Lays-14th-Aug-Packs.jpg

e) Chocolates ban from International Locations , if produced locally it is ok

141020111032.jpg

images

f) Imported Cheese
  • MAKE IT LOCALLY FROM PAKISTANI DAIRY

Hooks-Cheeses-photo-768x512.jpg

Last edited:
Double the taxes on luxury cars and increase yearly taxes on on them

And has this discouraged import of such vehicles? It has not. So a ban for 2 to 3 years is a good option to consider. Ban means no outflow of cash. At this moment, this is what is needed. Minimum outflow to meet the deficit.

banning laptops and IT equipments may result in loss of revenue from freelancing and other IT jobs.banning luxary cars and expensive smartphones like iphone is a good decision

Should be 100% Ban on NONE ESSENTIALS

a) Used cars from Japan
Japanese-Used-Car.jpg

b) Smartphones from USA

iphones.jpg

c) Franchise Fees for Franchises should be banned !!!! Not allowed to leave country

Example franchise not all may exist in Pakistan
fast%20food.jpg

d) Potato Chips Imported should be banned
Lays-14th-Aug-Packs.jpg

e) Chocolates ban from International Locations , if produced locally it is ok

141020111032.jpg

images

f) Imported Cheese
  • MAKE IT LOCALLY FROM PAKISTANI DAIRY

Hooks-Cheeses-photo-768x512.jpg
All of the above should be banned

Back