What's new

Pakistan considers ban on import of Luxury cars & smartphones

Dont BAN for Gods Sake!!
What do we think we are living in? Stone age?

Tax should be increased, 100% 200% whatever but if you ban a certain article you are hitting your own market size. Increase taxes, especially on mobiles as every single one uses them. If it was up to me, i would call Samsung to setup some kind of manufacturing etc (if possible) and increase tax on iPhone. If that is not possible, simply increase import duty on all of them.
There should be no tax on smart phones its not
A luxury item pti became pti due to smart phones social media etc

Why? I think rather the tax should be reduced as more people will import, more tax will be collected..so I don't think banning will help. Increasing tax on smart phones will reduce the sale so let taxes and revenue.
That means pushing back lower middle class into dark ages

Last edited:
Dam, still just considering. Govts whoever or wherever they are take centuries to wake up from their deep sleep.

banning some thing is totally ignorant...why not increase duties and taxes on it.........

and also take this duties and taxes on these specific luxuries in dollars.

duties and taxes don't make you dollars to fix the deficit ffs, because your people will again be buying dollars from your own reserves.

banning helps reduce the draw out from the reserves and keeps more dollars in there.

There should be no tax on smart phones its not
A luxury item pti became pti due to smart phones social media etc

That means pushing back lower middle class into dark ages
Aren't you aware of the dwindling FX reserves and payable of around USD 70 Billions in the next 3 years. In this case what should we do spend or conserve the hard currency..

ban cheese, tea and all types of imported edible oils.. that will save $5-6 billions..

Take a look at the figures:

TradeSummary.jpg

Ban all Luxury items. Cars should be banned Anyhow.

No one needs imported cheese in country famous for the gujjar tribe.

Good governance needs this

Aren't you aware of the dwindling FX reserves and payable of around USD 70 Billions in the next 3 years. In this case what should we do spend or conserve the hard currency..
Its about one billion dollars bill but the down sides are far far
Greater millions of people are directly and indirectly earning their livelihood through mobile/smartphone business. I am posting via a smart phone other wise I'll be out of touch think about a person without social media. In this day. and age.
I remember iks speech in which he said smartphone are so costly in Pakistan why? its not
a luxury item. Its a necessity, yes all luxury items import should be banned.

How? the lower middle class does not even buy such items so the tax will be collected from upper-middle and rich classes
My driver has one

Back
Top Bottom