What's new

Pakistan considers ban on import of Luxury cars & smartphones

What is the basis for estimating these figures?
I think it is really easy to calculate, For instance, if apple sales 500000 smartphones with an average price of 700 US$, only apple takes out 35 Crore US$ out of our reserve. They must be having exact figures of different brands on their table before enforcing the ban.

I think it is really easy to calculate, For instance, if apple sales 500000 smartphones with an average price of 700 US$, only apple takes out 35 Crore US$ out of our reserve. They must be having exact figures of different brands on their table before enforcing the ban.
Very few people buy apple most of the phones sold in Pakistan are between $200 TO $350

The reason why I was against foreign advisors in the first place. Most of them have sweet **** all clue of how Pakistan works, at best knowing from reading a few reports and mostly relying on out of date stuff.

So you ban cheese and smartphones. You save a few billion. Awesome. You also screw over the growing retail sector and the telecom industry which is one of the few dynamic entities in the country. So now you spend your savings" trying to rescue them and save jobs which are about to be lost and have suffered the loss of a lot of business, activity.
And oh by the way, smugglers have a field day.

If the proposed cheese ban is any example, probably not - they are just winging it. Sadly. The real costs are inflexible from massive energy imports. What has been proposed is mere populist hogwash. Blaming the troubles on the old regime is only going to work for a short while before the present lot runs out of excuses too, like all those before them.

But reveal very little isn't it creepy.

I want to Test out why the man behind the writing is more important than the written Text.

Mate, I spent three continuous years there except a few months in home city. and also I I spend some good chunk of my childhood there and I'm in contact with family and friends on daily basis and on PDF

Thats not enough either.

Only if you have lived half or more. Otherwise its not fair

Back
Top Bottom