What's new

Pakistan conducted successful flight test of Air Launched Cruise Missile “Ra’ad-II”.

Very exciting thing is the development of new warhead types, which are being employed for different targets.

Further improvements in design allow more power at a much lower weight, allowing Raad type missiles to have thermo nuclear power.

The Ra'ad II was revealed in 2017, and with a range of 550 km. So, not only did they extend the stated range to 600 km, but it's been 3 years since its first disclosure. So, I wonder if they actually went back to redesign it (e.g. @Bilal.'s notes about the different horizontal stabilizers). The Ra'ad II shown at IDEAS 2017 seems to retain the older version's stabilizers, while this one has a new design @JamD

Many possibilities, Depends on if the Doctrine or requirement of the PAF were updated in the last 3 years, especially after lessons learned from Feb 2019.

Maybe re-design to fit the JF-17 Block III (Strengthen wings to carry it) under the wing, as well as making it lighter to also allow it to be carried by the JF-17. Hopefully integration with more modern data-links to prevent jamming if there is a man in the loop capability, or re-designed with help from the Turks to make it more stealthy. Or could be re-designed around new warhead designs; minimum credible deterrence with a tactical (5 kt) warhead. Similar to the French Doctrine of ultime avertissement or Final warning or Warning Shot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air-Sol_Moyenne_Portée

Last edited:
The Ra'ad II was revealed in 2017, and with a range of 550 km. So, not only did they extend the stated range to 600 km, but it's been 3 years since its first disclosure. So, I wonder if they actually went back to redesign it (e.g. @Bilal.'s notes about the different horizontal stabilizers). The Ra'ad II shown at IDEAS 2017 seems to retain the older version's stabilizers, while this one has a new design @JamD
It seems that RAAD II never went into production and was redesigned to be fitted in thunder

Allah Akbar and Allah big blessings to our Pakistani Engineers and Scientist. This successful test definitely unrest India and projection are steerable to hit the Indian targets and low altitude flight without getting a trace from the air defense system.

Last edited:
Wise Choice. Wonder if the JF-17 will only be able to one on the Centerline or Two Under the wings; Probably the later due to ground clearance, the missile does seem to be relatively large.
By wiki the length od RAAD 1 is 4.85 m whereas the length of CM-400AKG is more than 6 m.

I think the paraded Ra'ad II was an initial design iteration that has since evolved into the Ra'ad II we saw today. It was kind of weird for the SPD to parade a missile that wasn't even officially tested/revealed before that. So it makes sense that the final design is different. The X-tail might very well be indicative of two things:
1. Reduced weight of the missile (allowing for overall smaller fins: the X-tail has smaller area than the original H-tail).
2. An active desire to reduce the size of the missile for it be carried by the JF-17 (or not).
3. Perhaps the mysterious SOW tested on JF-17 might also have an X-tail (this is pure speculation) and that design made it onto Ra'ad II.

Flight control system design is a bit more complicated for an X-tail than a H-tail so this advancement may have taken time as well.

Excellent news now should be tested in syria against bashar el dog
Can someone tell me whether those rumors about pakistan sending air defense system to turkey are they real or fake news???

Don't go off topic, there is literally no chance of this happening, unless our Turkish brethren directly ask for assistance and that is not happening.

The following brothers-in-arms have the motivation and potential to embody the “collective” and “cooperating” and “collaborative” intelligence of Turks and Paks spanning over a couple of millenniums spanking hard all the “ignorant” and “arrogant” folks - imaged after Satan - spread over the entire known world....

These are the modern versions of the Zulfiker at the hands of neo Zulkernain...

View attachment 607072View attachment 607073
Actually it would be GREAT NEWS IF this air cruise launched missile IS INTEGRATED into Akinci heavy mission drone
For those who question whether it is possible let me tell you it is because already turkish air launched cruise missile called som will be intergrated so adding another one is no problem for Baykar Makina-the company behind this GAME CHANGER drone
S400 is finished only toilet air defense can counter RAAD II and SOM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Actually it would be GREAT NEWS IF this air cruise launched missile IS INTEGRATED into Akinci heavy mission drone
For those who question whether it is possible let me tell you it is because already turkish air launched cruise missile called som will be intergrated so adding another one is no problem for Baykar Makina-the company behind this GAME CHANGER drone
S400 is finished only toilet air defense can counter RAAD II and SOM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I read that SOM's range will cross 800 kms.

I read that SOM's range will cross 800 kms.
That will happen in near future turkish domestic engine should be ready by 2021
Turkey has also signed engine deal with ukranians made for specifically cruise
I think raad II cruise missile and akinci with 1.5t of payloads will be critical asset against indian air defenses including against s400
There are actually a lot of secret projects in development who knows maybe turkey indeed already has 800km som version but
due to being nato member and having signed MTR convention they have to pretend like they don’t have missiles witn over 300 km range

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom