What's new

Pakistan Civil Aviation | Information & News.

Why they gone for 7 ATR-42 if we have domestic flights, why not gone for Chinese models they are preety cheap and reliable too.

And may be like 21 in 3 batches of 7 aircrafts.

Do we always have to go to China???

THey are different aircraft.

I think they should give a try to the new Russian ones that might be cheap too and can became a relationship Bridge for us as well.
russian and chinese ones are too small, 737 and a320 family will get the job done

..::Shaheen Air International::..

A open invitation for A330 pilots.

Good news here. SHaheen getting A330's, AirBlue reportedly in the pipeline for A340.

And quite a handsome salary for the Captain of A330.

Looks like A330 is going to be bought from Malaysian airlines.

good choice to go with A333.

So, Shaheen going to expand to Europe???
shaheen wanted to expand its services to north america too, im told that they will get 5 of a330-300's but its still a rumour, on the other hand, airblue is getting few q400's for chitral, gilgit service

Shaheen A333 is confirmed, considering that a invitation for pilots has been put up on their website.

AIrBlue is also in for some A340's.

Shaheen A333 is confirmed, considering that a invitation for pilots has been put up on their website.

AIrBlue is also in for some A340's.
bad choice for airblue, werent they supposed to be deciding between 787 and a350 few years before the islamabad accident?

PIA to acquire five new planes

Islamabad—PIA has signed a purchase agreement with Boeing Company for acquisition of five Boeing 777 aircraft.

PIA Chairman, Air Chief Marshal(Retd) Rao Qamar Suleman said this at the 55th Annual General Meeting (AGM) Saturday. PIA Shareholders participated in the 55th AGM and put forth their suggestions raising searching queries for turning around the National Airline.

Addressing the Shareholders, PIA Chairman said that during 2011, despite many challenges PIA added new destinations including Zahedan, Colombo, and Madina. He said that in the face of competition, PIA managed to retain its international market share of 39 per cent and increased its domestic market share to 76 per cent.However, during 2011, slow economic growth in developed economies placed pressure on aviation business across the globe resulting in economic uncertainty. International travel growth remained depressed and showed mixed performance across regions. The outgoing year witnessed an increase in average jet fuel price from USD 80 per barrel in 2010 to USD 110 per barrel in 2011. PIA was exposed to volatility in the price of jet fuel. —Online

Islamabad—PIA has signed a purchase agreement with Boeing Company for acquisition of five Boeing 777 aircraft.

PIA Chairman, Air Chief Marshal(Retd) Rao Qamar Suleman said this at the 55th Annual General Meeting (AGM) Saturday. PIA Shareholders participated in the 55th AGM and put forth their suggestions raising searching queries for turning around the National Airline.

Addressing the Shareholders, PIA Chairman said that during 2011, despite many challenges PIA added new destinations including Zahedan, Colombo, and Madina. He said that in the face of competition, PIA managed to retain its international market share of 39 per cent and increased its domestic market share to 76 per cent.However, during 2011, slow economic growth in developed economies placed pressure on aviation business across the globe resulting in economic uncertainty. International travel growth remained depressed and showed mixed performance across regions. The outgoing year witnessed an increase in average jet fuel price from USD 80 per barrel in 2010 to USD 110 per barrel in 2011. PIA was exposed to volatility in the price of jet fuel. —Online

very old news

bhoja air's license has by CAA until they get 3 proper aircrafts

can someone please help me!!!!
I am 18 years old and becoming a pilot here in the united states. Once Im done I plan to move to pakistan and join PIA as a pilot. can someone give me some info about the salary and the benefits? or anything else worth knowing before joining?
A reply will be appreciated!

I am 18 years old and becoming a pilot here in the united states. Once Im done I plan to move to pakistan and join PIA as a pilot. can someone give me some info about the salary and the benefits? or anything else worth knowing before joining?
i plan to do the same but all i know right now is that you cant just walk into PIA with no flying hours at all, you will have to fly for domestic US carriers untill you get the hours needed to join PIA

if you love pakistan leave PIA alone its already hell over staff dear :D

Bhoja Air flight operations stopped.

Bhoja has 2 aircraft now, against the mandatory three required for flight operations. They are now trying to get a DC-9 parked at DXB operational!!!

Koi haal hai.:disagree:

A DC-9 being prepped just to fill the numbers,.

i plan to do the same but all i know right now is that you cant just walk into PIA with no flying hours at all, you will have to fly for domestic US carriers untill you get the hours needed to join PIA

So PIA only hires experienced pilots? I mean once I have my licence with all the ratings, i will have about 300 hours and will be fully certified. do u think I should work in US for some time and then go to PK.

So PIA only hires experienced pilots? I mean once I have my licence with all the ratings, i will have about 300 hours and will be fully certified. do u think I should work in US for some time and then go to PK.
I'm not sure what advice to give you, I myself am a high school student, I suggest that you talk to other professionals before making a decision, yes PIA hires experienced pilots as far as I know, most of them are airforce pilots, but I do want to suggest that you should work for an American or foreign airline first, PIA right now is full of employees and they won't take more any time soon.

Bhoja Air flight operations stopped.

Bhoja has 2 aircraft now, against the mandatory three required for flight operations. They are now trying to get a DC-9 parked at DXB operational!!!

Koi haal hai
.:disagree:

A DC-9 being prepped just to fill the numbers,.

:hitwall::hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom