What's new

Pakistan Civil Aviation | Information & News.

AirBlue have reportedly got 2 A340's, will be operational by around late june, early july. If reports are to be believed.

Seems an awkward decision.

A Passenger bridge has collapsed at Karachi airport!!!

Hydraulic failure. A B-747 HAS SUSTAINED DAMAGE>

PIA's 39+5 aircrafts doesnt sound great, especially when you have over 60+ destinations

We have:
9+5 (order) Boeing 777 : (North America, U.K, Tokyo Range)
5 Boeing 747-300 : (retiring age--NOT allowed in Europe)
6 Boeing 737-300 : (retiring age --- Middile East/Domestic Range)
7 ATR-42: (Domestic Range)
12 AirBus A-310 : (Middle East Range/Domestic Range)

I think we need something more like Airbus A-320/ A-321 that can be used to reach destinations like:
Milan, Frankfurt, cocanhagen, Oslo, Barcelona, Istanbul, Tehran, Kualalumpur, Dhakha, Hong Kong, Bejing, Bankok.

And i think we also need something like Boeing 737-600/ 737-700 that can
replace old Boeing 737-300 and Boeing 747-300 to get to Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Dubai, Shahrjah, Muscat, Bahrain, Doha, Kuwait City

didnt CAA order new jet bridges for Karachi airport?

It was cancelled.

IMG_8812.jpg

Cockpit of a 747 of PIA at JEddah.

Courtesy member AN of another forum.

Now that is a cockpit. The planes of today have been reduced to mere video games!!

Now that is a cockpit. The planes of today have been reduced to mere video games!!

that cockpit is also a headache to manage.. whereas the cockpit of somthing like the B-777 LR is a joy to be in.. user friendly and all.

It was cancelled.

IMG_8812.jpg

I have sat in the same PIA 747 Cockpit all the way from Karachi to Riyadh. It was a great experience.
P.S. this cockpit really was painful to watch and to control by 2+1 Pilots....

AirBlue have reportedly got 2 A340's, will be operational by around late june, early july. If reports are to be believed.

Seems an awkward decision.

not really. Their flights to Europe are going extremely well so im guessing they want to expand their destinations by using the jets.

but i personally think 777 or even a330 would've been a better choice.

The reason I said awkward was because of the four engines. It greatly increases the cost and also the checks.

A A330 might have been a better option.

that cockpit is also a headache to manage.. whereas the cockpit of somthing like the B-777 LR is a joy to be in.. user friendly and all.

The emphasis is now more on user friendly, and reduce the workload on the pilot.

You have some MFD's, integrated panels, auto-pilot, and voila.

..::Shaheen Air International::..

A open invitation for A330 pilots.

Good news here. SHaheen getting A330's, AirBlue reportedly in the pipeline for A340.

And quite a handsome salary for the Captain of A330.

Looks like A330 is going to be bought from Malaysian airlines.

good choice to go with A333.

So, Shaheen going to expand to Europe???

Investigation report of the Fokker crash published, on CAA website.

:: CAA Pakistan ::

It seems more thorough and well made than the air blue one.

PIA's 39+5 aircrafts doesnt sound great, especially when you have over 60+ destinations

We have:
9+5 (order) Boeing 777 : (North America, U.K, Tokyo Range)
5 Boeing 747-300 : (retiring age--NOT allowed in Europe)
6 Boeing 737-300 : (retiring age --- Middile East/Domestic Range)
7 ATR-42: (Domestic Range)
12 AirBus A-310 : (Middle East Range/Domestic Range)

I think we need something more like Airbus A-320/ A-321 that can be used to reach destinations like:
Milan, Frankfurt, cocanhagen, Oslo, Barcelona, Istanbul, Tehran, Kualalumpur, Dhakha, Hong Kong, Bejing, Bankok.

And i think we also need something like Boeing 737-600/ 737-700 that can
replace old Boeing 737-300 and Boeing 747-300 to get to Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Dubai, Shahrjah, Muscat, Bahrain, Doha, Kuwait City

Why they gone for 7 ATR-42 if we have domestic flights, why not gone for Chinese models they are preety cheap and reliable too.

And may be like 21 in 3 batches of 7 aircrafts.

Back
Top Bottom