What's new

Pakistan & China in 1.4 billion dollar J-10 jet deal

Are u joking, India already has 4th gen aircrafts and invested in 5th gen aircrafts aswell, which world are you in??? And dont worry my chinese friend, we still have a plenty to come....

F22/F35=4th gen aircraft(china)=5th gen aircrafts(india/russia)

:coffee:

the chinese plane is still in development phase and no one knows how many years it will take for the first test but india plane will be inducted in numbers by 2017

well just think a simple question
if you still not sure about your next gen fighter
are you going to sell the j10 to other country?
so far j10 is the best fighter plane in china

It is deals like this which make me really envious of the Pakistani military. Without a 'babudom' like we have, Pakistani military deals get closed so quickly! Also amazing is how Pakistan is spending every penny wisely by buying only that which it can buy and operate cheaply. Smart decision to go for lighter & cheaper to operate single-engine fighters than going for twin-engine, fuel/spare guzzlers like us. By the time we finish selecting the winner of the MRCA contract - which will most probably be again a twin-engine luxury piece, China would have already completed half a squadron of PAF's J-10s.

No need to be envious about it... Though i must congratulate my Pakistani friends...This deal will surely help PAF who lately(due to restrictions..money contrainsts etc etc) is loosing its shine...

Now you need to see the difference in India and Pakistan. Our army is very much under the civilian government whereas same cannot be said about our counterparts and thus more babu's in the loop...Now they have an adversary who because of her economic boom and better diplomatic relations have $$$$ to buy latest technology and countries to offer her...Along with that India is trying to develop her own indegenous defence Industry and thus TOT is very important for us...So now if you see in totality we have more potential sellers with latest technology that we need to choose from...where as Pakistan has limited choices in that regard(especially because of $$$)...

Specifically talking about MRCA though i am not a defence expert yet the way i see out IAF have 6 aircfrafts to choose from..which we will perform field trials and then see which one is best for us and suits our needs...A far more transparent procedure that is going to help us to ensure we do not go for lesser items because of individual vested interests...

P.S: Now i am not saying we cannot improve our procedures..My intention was only to highlight some differences that i feel are there...

Pakistan's Air Force by 2020

300 - JF-17
150 - J-10
72 - F-16
121 - Mirage 3
60 - Mirage 5
192 - F-7

Originally Posted by Mercenary
Pakistan's Air Force by 2020

300 - JF-17
150 - J-10
72 - F-16
121 - Mirage 3
60 - Mirage 5
192 - F-7

THATS 0VER 800 PLANES.

PAF will have the biggest air force in the world bar USA/RUSSIA/CHINA.

And the best thing they will have done this in 10 years on a paupers military budget...

I don't know the numbers..
but I was talking about different aircrafts..
We will have different aircrafts added to the list..

dont know the numbers

:pakistan:

by the time 2015
china will talk about 4th gen fighter plane
how's indian's 4th gen fighter plan gose?
it will looking bad for IAF if pakistan got 4th gen fighter before you
i am not joking
there are news about 4th gen fighter in chinese website everywhere in these days

News is not Reliable especially when talking abt Military Time Line.

So Far we dont know if JXX even exists. Unconfirmed
PAK FA Can fly any day.. Prototype is Ready . Confirmed

It was announced on 5 May 2007 by Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov that the first flight of the new aircraft was expected in late 2008, almost a year later than originally expected.[12] That estimate has now been superseded by the statement of Sukhoi CEO Mikhail Pogosyan, who stated at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (LIMA) 2007 exhibition in Malaysia on December 6 that the prototype will not fly until 2009.[13] This was again confirmed by the deputy prime minister in charge of arms procurement, Sergei Ivanov, in a news conference after a meeting of the Military-Industrial Commission in January 2009.[14]

On 28 of February 2009 Mikhail Pogosyan announced that the airframe for the aircraft was almost finished and that the first prototype should be ready by August 2009.[15] On 20 August 2009, Sukhoi General Director Mikhail Pogosyan said that the first flight would be by year end. Konstantin Makiyenko, deputy head of the Moscow-based Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies said that "even with delays", the plane would likely make its first flight by January or February, adding that there could be at least 10 years between the first flight and commercial production.[16]

The Induction is expected to be around 2013-16 in Russia and 2015-2020 in India.

Its Quite safe to assume that China will take +10 Years from the date of Prototype Flying and a Good 5 Years There on to deliver it to Pakistan.
The J10 which is under production since 2003 is still good 2-5 Years from Induction in PAF .
The Gen 4 ( Chinese Gen ) A/C in ot going to be seen in PAF before 2025/2030.
Plus Will PAF will be really able to counter FGFA class Fighter which will be inducted in around 10 Sq. and cost $75 Mil+ for a Single Fighter. ?
Even if PAF decided to get 1-2 Sqadrons of Gen 4 Plane, Its way too less than what IAF project. We will probably see the same Gap which exists right Now.

50 F16 <> 150 MKI [ Counting ONLY Till 2014, Front Line Fighters Only ]

News is not Reliable especially when talking abt Military Time Line.

So Far we dont know if JXX even exists. Unconfirmed
PAK FA Can fly any day.. Prototype is Ready . Confirmed

The Induction is expected to be around 2013-16 in Russia and 2015-2020 in India.

Its Quite safe to assume that China will take +10 Years from the date of Prototype Flying and a Good 5 Years There on to deliver it to Pakistan.
The J10 which is under production since 2003 is still good 2-5 Years from Induction in PAF .
The Gen 4 ( Chinese Gen ) A/C in ot going to be seen in PAF before 2025/2030.
Plus Will PAF will be really able to counter FGFA class Fighter which will be inducted in around 10 Sq. and cost $75 Mil+ for a Single Fighter. ?
Even if PAF decided to get 1-2 Sqadrons of Gen 4 Plane, Its way too less than what IAF project. We will probably see the same Gap which exists right Now.

50 F16 <> 150 MKI [ Counting ONLY Till 2014, Front Line Fighters Only ]

Don't underestimate, it'll only make you regret :D
J-XX is a collection of projects of stealth planes, simply, it can be understood as "4th gen" in China, and with the interview and the confirmation of 4th gen a week back, with the official disclosure date projected at 2017 for induction, following the J-10 trend, which was actually inducted 4 years before disclosure, this would approximately put it "J-XX" at 2013 for military induction, before both Russia and India. Besides, the Russians are having issues with the PAKFA, stating that the proto will fly by the end of this year, but everyone has doubts now, especially when they pushed back the time indefinitely once again.

well just think a simple question
if you still not sure about your next gen fighter
are you going to sell the j10 to other country?
so far j10 is the best fighter plane in china

Sorry but I have to contend that point, contrary to popular belief, the J-10 is NOT the most advanced fighter in our inventory. The J-11 is much more developed, with lower radar signatures+higher maneuverability. On top of that, its avionics are better and more advanced too. The J-10 is a show off, the J-11 is the real deal.

In saying J-11, I mean our indigeneous J-11, not the Su-27.

As for Russia? #$#%$%3

Back
Top Bottom