What's new

Pakistan & China in 1.4 billion dollar J-10 jet deal

Published: November 10 2009 08:16 | Last updated: November 10 2009 09:57

“This agreement should not simply be seen in the narrow context of Pakistan’s relations with China,” said Abdul Qayyum, a retired Pakistani general.

“There is a wider dimension. By sharing its advanced technology with Pakistan, China is ... also saying to the world that its defence capability is growing rapidly.”

Over the past decade, China and Pakistan have collaborated on building their first jointly produced advanced fighter jet, known as the JF-17, or “Thunder”. Pakistan is expected to roll out the first domestically built version of the Thunder within weeks.

“Pakistan will work as the laboratory to try out Chinese aircraft. If they work well with the Pakistani air force, others will follow.”

I :smitten: :pakistan::china: God Bless.

if Pak can really afford 150 J10s i think they should go for F16s, spending the same sum for a tested platform they are familiar with.

NO.Pakistan should not take more f16..i think f 16s are enough now.we should go ahead for new Aircrafts.as PAF should have aggregation of good and different type of Aircrafts

It is deals like this which make me really envious of the Pakistani military. Without a 'babudom' like we have, Pakistani military deals get closed so quickly! Also amazing is how Pakistan is spending every penny wisely by buying only that which it can buy and operate cheaply. Smart decision to go for lighter & cheaper to operate single-engine fighters than going for twin-engine, fuel/spare guzzlers like us. By the time we finish selecting the winner of the MRCA contract - which will most probably be again a twin-engine luxury piece, China would have already completed half a squadron of PAF's J-10s.

Guyz, so it's confirmed that J-10 will only be delivered in 2013 or 2014? I mean not before that?

2011, would've been nicer:D but oh well at least we will get them. :pakistan:

Long live Pak - China Friendship !

^^^ n these would most probably b J10bs rather than As. n thats why they r in 2013 n 14 becz Bs need more time to get mature coz dont forget its gonna be Pak answer to Indian MRCA choice to certain extent.

I am a big supporter of this!

This way Pakistan will be independent in the aviation industry...someday…
It is not easy for any country to share technology even with friends and one who does is loyal....

China always helped us...

My dad also went to China long time ago for some business thing...anyways...

That is nice….

:pakistan:

Selling to Iran will surely meet big pressure from USA. China even hesitates to sell to NKorea.

Love to see how PAF tests out the plane in real world.

sell to north korea???? they only wish they could afford to buy these

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

India is having LCA, MCA and Pak FA Project if you do not know.

and when one or more of those is fully operational then we'll see

I have searched these projects on line just now. Wow, they look pretty good on picture.

But you are also buying a lot of planes, from Mig-35 to C-17. I've also heard that IAF are also buying F-18s, could anyone confirm that?

Yes, IAF is building its arms very fast,200-300 suk30MKI will be there by 2015, then this MRCA 126 aircrafts, then FGFA project India has however not decided the units but Sure to build and buy around 100, then comes the LCA mk1 and Mk2, MCA etc etc...

So yes IAF has a sttrong future..... Chinese is completely opaque, They develop fast but no one know how much they buy and build....

Yes, IAF is building its arms very fast,200-300 suk30MKI will be there by 2015, then this MRCA 126 aircrafts, then FGFA project India has however not decided the units but Sure to build and buy around 100, then comes the LCA mk1 and Mk2, MCA etc etc...

So yes IAF has a sttrong future..... Chinese is completely opaque, They develop fast but no one know how much they buy and build....

by the time 2015
china will talk about 4th gen fighter plane
how's indian's 4th gen fighter plan gose?
it will looking bad for IAF if pakistan got 4th gen fighter before you
i am not joking
there are news about 4th gen fighter in chinese website everywhere in these days

by the time 2015
i am not joking
there are news about 4th gen fighter in chinese website everywhere in these days

the chinese plane is still in development phase and no one knows how many years it will take for the first test but india plane will be inducted in numbers by 2017

by the time 2015
i am not joking

Are u joking, India already has 4th gen aircrafts and invested in 5th gen aircrafts aswell, which world are you in??? And dont worry my chinese friend, we still have a plenty to come....
by 2015 china will start talking of 4th gen planes???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom