What's new

Pakistan CANNOT "conquer Kashmir through war" : Hina Rabbani Khar

USA could not conquer Afghanistan through the war.
USSR could not conquer Afghanistan through the war.
USA and EU could not conquer Syria through the war.
But India will can't control Kashmir by force too. It is fact.

There exists military balance between India and Pakistan, especially between the ground forces stationed in and around the likely war theater (Plains of Punjab, deserts of Sindh, and Mountains of Kashmir).

The ratio of standing ground forces in these regions is less than 1:2, and for any invasion you need atleast 1:3 in terms of overall manpower, weapons, and resources.

Americans with their F-22's make these ratios irrelevant in case of countries like Iraq, Afghanistan etc because the technological difference is unspeakable.

However, both India and Pakistan have similar war technologies, training regimes, and organization (irrelevant of what fanboys here would like us to believe).

In such a scenario, no country can wage a full-fledged war on the other side without taking significant losses. And this is just conventional forces...I haven't even brought up the nuclear factor yet.

So neither can India nor Pakistan can take full Kashmir via military conquest (it's not whether you "want" to do it. Irrelevant of what both countries "want", they just don't have the military capacity to do so).

how can she hope to return to power,if she dsnt what to talk about something her countrymen want to hear.she must be dumb to say the truth and hope to return to power.

so have they tought you,hindus are equal in Pkaistan and India is not your enemy,i am sure they tought you India started all the wars and India wants to destroy Pakistan.

My one friend is Christian, named Shawn Paul and one of my teacher of accounting was Sindhi Hindu Rakesh Parkash.....Don't know what you're talking about.....Just recently Pakistani government has arrested a Muslim who either willingly or unwillingly sold the shoes, on which "OM" was written.

Regarding India, your assumption is wrong again. Neither we are taught that all wars are started by India nor India wants destruction of Pakistan, at least i haven't experienced this and I do not belong to elite class or pseudo intellectuals studied from Oxford or Harvard........

I m a common and middle class Pakistani, an emotional one though....still don't hate Indians but definitely love Pakistan....Yes we do consider you our adversary, but we also respect you regarding your professionalism and achievements.....

You can interpret it in anyway you want....

@Zarvan @Horus @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Imran Khan @barbarosa @MastanKhan
@AUz

How many MILLIONs of Men would it require to storm the LOC and occupy Kashmir
Any Idea

Not millions.

It's not about 'numbers', it's about the military 'advantage' you posses in terms of difference in the military technology, training, soldiers, terrain, experience, and so on.

In simpler words, if Pakistan was U.S, and India was India of today---storming LoC and conquering Kashmir would've been a mildly challenging task at best.

She is a wise politician, Pakistan has increased the intensity of its war against India in the recent times.
Pakistan has not increased the intensity of war against India. It is the perpetrations of Indian occupation forces that has gone up with the RSS in power against Muslims of India in general and of Kashmir in particular. If Pakistan was supporting them then the Indian losses would have been much higher.

Pakistan and India. The British gave Kashmir and J ammu the choice of oining eitherPakistan or India, but both kingdoms opted instead for independence.

:lol::lol:

You are living in fool's paradise if you think Pakistan doesn't possess enough firepower to utterly and completely lay entire Hindustan to waste by destroying each and everyone of its major population centers, urban logistical nodes, ports, transportation hubs, agricultural stocks, and what not.

You seem to be living under the impression that you have to destroy "each" inch of a country to annihilate a nation-state. :disagree:

Welcome to this defence forum. You'll learn a lot.

Conversely, India can do the same to Pakistan, multiple times over.

Point though is, your military leadership is not mad, unlike some of the "mature" forummers here.
Your leadership "pretends" the madness but they are fully rational and know the consequences of their actions.

If you think any of your generals are going to risk the life of their children and grand children, you must truly delirious.

Coming to the point, neither India nor Pakistan can take the other's part of J&K.
That's a fact.

If people feel we should go full nuclear over the issue, let me assure you, which ever side uses the N Bomb first, will be annihilated completely by world powers.

Pakistan cannot liberate Indian Occupied Kashmir overnight. But Pakistan can bleed the invaders to dry. With Pakistan economy shaping for better, Indian plans will backfire and they will hasten its move in desperation. It is about timing. Patience can bring rewarding result.

Pakistan cannot liberate Indian Occupied Kashmir overnight. But Pakistan can bleed the invaders to dry. With Pakistan economy shaping for better, Indian plans will backfire and they will hasten its move in desperation. It is about timing. Patience can bring rewarding result.

There is only country bleeding right now and that's not India.

Oh, please continue the same thing you have been doing.

This is what Pakistan has always believed -- that such a thing would happen

If it was EVER possible for Pakistan to take Kashmir it was in 1991
when our economy was bankrupt

Today our GDP is TEN Times that of 1991
And Forex reserves 300 Times that of 1991

And Today INSPITE of all these tensions on the Border
we are STILL growing at 7.5 Percent per annum with an FDI of 60 BILLION dollars per year

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom