What's new

Pakistan cannot compete with India,the whole world recognizes the strength of India's IT industry : Miftah Ismail

Old data.

BD is rapidly catching up with Pakistan.
Not really it's voodoo science
It's pretty simple
India doesn't has advantage
We are simply uncompetitive due to corruption

Bd is ahead of Pakistan per latest data even though BD started just a few yrs ago

Pakistan is bananas state that's pretty much it
Pakistan y2021-22
2.66 billion

Bangladesh y2021-22
592 million

Pakistan y2021-22
2.66 billion

Bangladesh y2021-22
592 million
Please check amount of free lancing activities and remittances associated with remember to adjust for population

Please check amount of free lancing activities and remittances associated with remember to adjust for population
Freelancing is just one arm of the IT and service exports. We are talking accumulative here.

Lolz i never called Pakistan a china slave, Pakistan is a loyal slave of the white man since 47. Yes u r right, u need to balance but there is a difference between balance, which countries lioe Bangladesh, Turkey, Indonesia does and taking ur pant off at a mere signal, exactly what Pakistan does. So yes u dnt need to be slave but Pakistan loves it.
What else is sucking up to india when the COAS begs india for peace n renews ceasfire unilaterally. Ur every beghairat general is scared of india, ur miraasis want to go to india and u make kartarpur corridor for them. What else is sucking up?
Nah u didn't but rest assured many here do...
Haha Turkey US and Bangladesh are all in US camp and dont budge left or right esp. after the recent financial Crises. You have no clue what you are talking about. Bangladesh is not even in the league of countries that can decide for itself.
General didn't give up any position on kashmir or pakistans stance over it.. Pakistan still doesn't accept the Indian illegal action in kashmir that makes it a union.. mere a mention of resuming talks is little to do with sucking up... because back channel talks are always happening whether it's peace or war.

Last edited:
Pakistan y2021-22
2.66 billion

Bangladesh y2021-22
592 million

IT exports were 1.4 billion US dollars at the end of last fiscal(June 2022) and they have been growing 35-40% a year average since 2009. It grew nearly 100% just in the last fiscal from a year before!

The industry expects 5 billion US dollars by 2025 and 20 billion US dollars by 2031. No industry has been increasing it's exports like IT has done over the last 14 years.

No way Pakistan can compete with BD as its current government made IT a "thrust" sector since it came into power 14 years ago. Fast internet connectivity, Tier 4 datacentres, technical colleges, 10% tax break support for exports and also dedicated IT Parks have all been put in place to make IT the next garment industry.

I wish Pakistan well but trying to compete with the integrated approach of BD in this sector is going to be a losing battle.

PS - Not sure about how the Pakistani data is counted but hundreds of millions of US dollars of freelance exports is not counted in the BD figures.

Last edited:
IT exports were 1.4 billion US dollars at the end of last fiscal(June 2022) and they have been growing 35-40% a year average since 2009. It grew nearly 100% just in the last fiscal from a year before!

The industry expects 5 billion US dollars by 2025 and 20 billion US dollars by 2031. No industry has been increasing it's exports like IT has done over the last 14 years.

No way Pakistan can compete with BD as its current government made IT a "thrust" sector since it came into power 14 years ago. Fast internet connectivity, Tier 4 datacentres, technical colleges, 10% tax break support for exports and also dedicated IT Parks have all been put in place to make IT the next garment industry.

I wish Pakistan well but trying to compete with the integrated approach of BD in this sector is going to be a losing battle.

PS - Not sure about how the Pakistani data is counted but hundreds of millions of US dollars of freelance exports is not counted in the BD figures.
But is 1.4 billion your official figures ??? they are not..
Here another site puts your official figures to be half a billion
We also have a lot of underinvoicing ..and our figures may go up as well with that under consideration..

But is 1.4 billion your official figures ??? they are not..
Here another site puts your official figures to be half a billion
We also have a lot of underinvoicing ..and our figures may go up as well with that under consideration..

Dude those are official figures.

That is probably just services but BD also counts hardware and classes them as ICT.

Like I say best not to compare with BD that targets 5 billion US dollars by 2025 and 20 billion by 2031. I wish you guys well and if you can get to 10 billion by 2030, then you will be doing well.

The two economies like I keep saying operate on totally different playing fields now - even India cannot keep up, let alone Pakistan.

Last edited:
The two economies like I keep saying operate on totally different playing fields now - even India cannot keep up, let alone Pakistan.
India's services exports went up by 20.2 per cent on an annual basis to $31.287 billion in December 2022

Dude those are official figures.

That is probably just services but BD also counts hardware and classes them as ICT.

Like I say best not to compare with BD that targets 5 billion US dollars by 2025 and 20 billiob by 2031. I wish you guys well and if you can get to 10 billion by 2030, then you will be doing well.

please quit capping. Read the article I shared from Your own country they are talking about official figures and also talk about underdeclarations taken into account may double the figure to a billion...hahah even india can't keep up..lol you are smoking some next level sh!t

please quit capping. Read the article I shared from Your own country they are talking about official figures and also talk about underdeclarations taken into account may double the figure to a billion...hahah even india can't keep up..lol you are smoking some next level sh!t

Actually I was wrong as it does not include hardware.

BD does not play on S Asian levels anymore and definitely not with Pakistan that has not had more than 3.5% average annual per capita growth since independence.

"Bangladesh IT firms have expanded their global footprint, fetching the country $1.4 billion annually by exporting software and other services. "

Last edited:
Actually I was wrong as it does not include hardware.

BD does not play on S Asian levels anymore and definitely not with Pakistan that has not had more than 3.5% average annual per capita growth since independence.

"Bangladesh IT firms have expanded their global footprint, fetching the country $1.4 billion annually by exporting software and other services. "
So u are going to use ur usual gdp line here..what is your projected gdp for 2023? Anything to do with hardware or software is defacto is condidered under IT.
You are just continuing the same rant posting the estimated earnings..something even your own papers dont back.nevertheless carry on.

Last edited:
.so u are goi g to use ur usual gdp line here..what is you projected gdp for 2023? Anything to do with IT is defacto is condidered under it .hardware or software...
You are just continuing the same rant posting the estimated earnings..something even your own papers dont back.nevertheless carry on.

I am going to look at a few metrics here to show why BD and Pakistan cannot be compared in IT:

1. Broadband download Speed 2022:

BD - 35 Mb/s
Pakistan - Pakistan 10 Mb/s

2. DataCentres

Pakistan National - Tier 3
BD National - Tier 4 and was the 7th largest in the world when built in 2022

3. Average IT export per annum growth since 2010

BD - 35-40%
Pakistan - No idea but probably would be way less than BD

Yes Pakistan may still be ahead in terms of IT exports by a little but we all can see where the trajectory is heading. This was a specific initiative when the current government came into power in 2009 and has the highest support in government all the way up to the PM.

I mentioned GDP growth as that is also related to exports in the economy and the BD economy is slowly diversifying away from garments with both IT and Pharmaceuticals growing a lot faster.

Last edited:
@-blitzkrieg- @UKBengali

I think my dear friend Brofessor sb (@RiazHaq) would be the right person to settle the debate on whose IT sector is doing better-PAK or BD, he being a Valley legend and insider himself.

Regards

Pakistani startups raised $355 million last year. Bangladeshi startups raised $109 million in 2022.

Pakistan IT exports were $2.6 billion in last fiscal year, compared to Bangladesh's $592 million.

Back
Top Bottom