What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

People don't realize that the u s defence contractors are eagerly awaiting the downing of an su 30 by an aim 120 launched by a paf blk 52.

No american defence contractor would do anything to jeopardize the capability of a u s fighting machine---and specially---when this fighting machine is facing russian equipment. There is no other place in the world where high tech russian equipment will come face to face with an american equipment other than the the skies over india / pakistan.

You kids need to understand the psyche of the americans dfence contarctors----they claim to make the best of the best when it comes to weapons systems---.

Defence industry---it is all based on trust---trust that ten years down the road---when you need it---it will do the job that it is designed for. It is a matter of pride---it is a matter of reputation---it is a matter of integrity.

This 'kill switch' thing is just a propaganda started by those who want to plant doubts in the minds of people about the capabilities of their machines.

Each and every weapons system that we have gotten from the united states has always performed to the best of its ability and capability every single time and it is not going to change.

We are building UAVs and UCAVs. What we need now is UCAVs like Wing Loon.

F-16s are playing the key role in surgical strikes against the TTP.

Brother , i don't know whether if it's been asked before or not , but then again i anyway still want to ask that :undecided: : Why is PakisTan air ForCe depreciating the already limited service-life of our preCious F-16s in killing those dogs of hell :pissed:in north waziristan ... ! ?

Can't the surgiCaL strikes be carried out with P.a.F.'s JF-17 Lightening Thunder Or any other fighter airCraft being currently available in its inventory for that matter such as f7-pg , a-5 or even mirages ... :butcher: :sniper:?
:pakistan:

Well, the news item referred to by @VCheng seems to be fine with the F-16s but has little on the AH-1s as they are fairly long term Jordanian assets.

Splash or not, due process must be completed and announced in USA if such a sale is to actually happen.

Not sure how but it is happening very quitely and suddenly ,sure due process and legal formalities must have been fulfilled but its not happening the way we are accustomed to, i.e., DSCA notifications and all hoopla.

@MastanKhan, Their capabilities vis a vis india is not doubted thats why they are a good procurement....

Last edited:

Defence industry---it is all based on trust---trust that ten years down the road---when you need it---it will do the job that it is designed for. It is a matter of pride---it is a matter of reputation---it is a matter of integrity.

It is also a matter of prudence to ensure that weaponry provided is used as intended.

Well, the news item referred to by @VCheng seems to be fine with the F-16s but has little on the AH-1s as they are fairly long term Jordanian assets.

Waisee why in God's name would the Jordanians even be interested in selling us the F-16s ? :what:

This is Jordan not some rich Scandinavian Country we're talking about ! :unsure:

Not sure how but it is happening very quitely and suddenly ,sure due process and legal formalities must have been fulfilled but its not happening the way we are accustomed to, i.e., DSCA notifications and all hoopla.

@MastanKhan, Their capabilities vis a vis india is not doubted thats why they are a good procurement....

Okay, so where are the required US sources approving and confirming this sale?

Okay, so where are the required US sources approving and confirming this sale?

I am not concluding anything just sharing my observations as the same happened with ah-1 transfered via Jordan. Unless of course I am mistaking and missed out on confirmations for that sale/transfer.

Splash or not, due process must be completed and announced in USA if such a sale is to actually happen.
Yet, the AH-1s from Jordan have arrived and are in action. So where did the DSCA notification for that go? If it only fit new equipment then the T-37s would have been exempt from it.

so truth was deleted lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz i will again say open a junkyard . jordan got used f-16 from USA and you guys got 3rd hand junk from jordan kabaari nhi to kya customers ho
?:D

yar tu tow chup he raha kar :crazy:
na teen may na tayra may ...:p:lol:

I am not concluding anything just sharing my observations as the same happened with ah-1 transfered via Jordan. Unless of course I am mistaking and missed out on confirmations for that sale/transfer.

Yet, the AH-1s from Jordan have arrived and are in action. So where did the DSCA notification for that go? If it only fit new equipment then the T-37s would have been exempt from it.

Those types of transfers are done via Presidential Waivers and are documented in a different way. Those announcements are not as public.

Those types of transfers are done via Presidential Waivers and are documented in a different way. Those announcements are not as public.
Could this then be a presidential waiver?

What is the difference between the transfer from Jordon to Pakistan and Pakistan to Bangladesh?
Same FMF item going from one nation to another. Pakistan's sale had to go through congress.

What is the difference between the transfer from Jordon to Pakistan and Pakistan to Bangladesh?
Same FMF item going from one nation to another. Pakistan's sale had to go through congress.

The President has much greater leeway in times of war. The Congress will defer to a Presidential to request to transfer equipment if it helps the WoT. Why do you think F-16s are used to drop bombs and not JF-17s? Peacetime transfers will go through the full process subject to many other considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom