What's new

Pakistan before 90s

Yep! I have no idea what happened in 40 years but this is really unfortunate! A beautiful country had been turned into a battle ground.

May be in future, Pakistan can go back to its past glories :)

indeed lets keep the fingers crossed.
all we need is a competent government and a strong public sector and we'll prosper yet again.

Things have changed and things will change,as it's bound to happen.The rock bottom we have hit can become our solid foundation.Is that though a bit rich for our blood?
We came out of the British hangover and soon the toxic effects of this Taliban poison will be over.As an adolescent nation we have some huge problems to take care of.Just to burst a bubble, may i say that the solution doesn't lie on becoming highly patriotic on the 14th and very spiritual,God-fearing and devotional creature just during the Ramadan.

Gullu.....

Can't say the same for the FC jawans, but i see two gullu butts here\/\/\/\/

A quality opening pair, with all the good qualities of calculated aggression & sound technique.

Pakistan before 90s (Coloured Photos)
View attachment 122136

The openers of Pakistan Cricket Team. BUTT sports was famous for its sporting equipment

Last edited:
currency bill of INDO PAK as pakistan

Snapshot_20100109.jpg

Attachments

• Snapshot_20100109.jpg
    Snapshot_20100109.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 13
Zulfi Bhutto had many faults but he did NOT cause the rise of fundamentalism in Pakistan. He was tormented by the 'Ahmadi' question and eventually succumbed to the pressures of the right wing in a cowardly way but he, despite all his fault, never envisioned Pakistan to be a country full of bearded fundos and a sea of burqahs. I should know these because I lived through his era and have many memories from that time--and some photos which I will try to post after keeping out personal info--I have lots of photos from before 1990.
Zia ul Haq was the sole cause for Pakistan's march backward. Zia really was deeply bigoted person and a big fan of the version of Islam as practiced in Saudi Arabia.
We must ask ourselves: Why do many Pakistanis still fondly remember Ayub Khan, ZAB, and even Musharraf but General Zia's name brings up anger? After all, by his death in 1988 Zia had ruled Pakistan for 25% of Pakistan's history.

Bhutto betrayed Ahmadis. Bhutto personally was not a religious fanatic, he was a good friend with many Ahmadis ,him being a typical politician he back stabbed Ahmdis who had helped him win elections in many areas of Punjab. Anyway good thing that happened is that Ahmadis are now no longer part of Pakistan's political set up. No sane Pakistani should be part of this corrupt system.

Interesting fact: Legendary poet Habib Jalib died on 13 March 1993. His family refused the offer of the government to pay for his funeral expenses.Qateel Shifai expressed his sorrow and grief in these words:

اپنے سارے درد بھلا کر اوروں کے دکھ سہتا تھا
ہم جب غزلیں کہتے تھے وہ اکثر جیل میں رہتا تھا
آخر چلا ہی گیا وہ روٹھ کر ہم فرزانوں سے
وہ دیوانہ جس کو زمانہ جالب جالب کہتا تھا

OMG!! Pakistan looks like a paradise in 70's! Hi5 to Pakistan 70's

btw Pakistan doesn't look like so religious or conservative as compared to now! Something went badly wrong somewhere!!!

What went wrong was 1977-1979, Zia ul-Haq comes to power in a coup and hangs Bhutto, Iranian Revolution in 1979 and Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979.

That caused Pakistan to become a radical, intolerant, pseduo-jihadist state and whose price which we are still paying today.

Image from page 449 of "Electric railway journal" (1908)

The sign at the back says: Bolton Market.

d0e10ea7b63fd497c9cb58e44eeb3ddd.jpg

Text Appearing After Image:
Gasoline Motor Cars in India—Type of Car Used Exclusively on Street Railways of Karachi and in consequence the cars are reported to run with very little noise. The report of the East India Tramways Company covering its lines in Karachi states that the new motor cars,which seat forty-six passengers, are operated at an average cost of only 3 cents per car mile for power, repairs and railways of Baroda, India, are soon to be equipped with cars of the same type owing to their successful introduction in the former city. Karachi is one of the principal seaports of India. It has a population of more than 100,000 and has been largely rebuilt and greatly improved. 428 ELECTRIC RAILWAY JOURNAL [Vol. XLI, No. io. INAUGURAL CONFERENCE OF THE SOCIETY FOR ELECTRICAL DEVELOPMENT The conference which the Society for Electrical Development, Inc., held in the United Engineering Societies Building, New York, on March 4 and 5 was the first tangible result presented to the electrical industry at large of ava...

Image from page 449 of "Electric railway journal" (1908) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

i have a website source found suddenly while searching picture old sri lanka Indonesia Bangladesh etc where 1987's Pakistan can be seen through a eyes of a tourist around 330 picture there but problem few nude picture there too :p: @dexter

Ruined by Pakistanis. Here, take a look at what our SHINING YOUTH think when presented with this.

View attachment 130659

Just another bunch of religious whiteknights in the making.

Well i don't see anything wrong in what they were saying.
Our religion clearly states Alcohol Consumption as Haram. Isn't is all that they are saying? If anyone consumes Alcohol it is his problem and i leave religion between the man practicing it (or doing otherwise) but do not means that all of a sudden i will start saying it is Halal. :)

I am sorry to say this, neither quoting you on this but Islam and Pakistan have been damaged by extremism,,,, both kinds of it,,,,, Islamic as well as SECULAR extremism. We cannot progress if we forget our roots and identity.

Well i don't see anything wrong in what they were saying.
Our religion clearly states Alcohol Consumption as Haram. Isn't is all that they are saying? If anyone consumes Alcohol it is his problem and i leave religion between the man practicing it (or doing otherwise) but do not means that all of a sudden i will start saying it is Halal. :)

I am sorry to say this, neither quoting you on this but Islam and Pakistan have been damaged by extremism,,,, both kinds of it,,,,, Islamic as well as SECULAR extremism. We cannot progress if we forget our roots and identity.

I agree that both the extreme of Islam and secularism are too extreme for Pakistan, middle ground is needed. However, the mentality of Pakistanis is far closer to the Islamic extremism, and that is something we must face up to, active insurgency in our neighbourhoods and cities is not something we should be surprised at, this sort of mentality easily accommodates these types, people in our country vote and support parties/politics who use religion by their millions.

What they're saying is true. Alcohol consumption is haram, fine. I'm of the opinion however, that not all things even if they are true need to be said. Why can't they accept that some of their countrymen or some other human enjoys alcohol consumption and isn't as religious as you? There is no compulsion in religion, but our people don't understand that.

They make a mockery of their own religion, at every given public opportunity they'll wave their flag and I other people's faces.
Now in that picture the kids kept saying, what is there to be proud of? I say, what is there to be ashamed of? You have some Pakistanis in that picture doing what they wan't to do freely. Pakistanis need their civil liberties, it's only way to stop them from continuing like sheep, that's what they are when it comes to religion, sheep led by those who like to politicize their religion.

Whether it is haram or halal, or nothing, it's not their place to comment. If they want to prove themselves of their own religion, they should do it in the privacy of their homes and mosques, and most importantly in their own hearts. Shouting and making scenes in public is neither Islamic nor decent.

i have a website source found suddenly while searching picture old sri lanka Indonesia Bangladesh etc where 1987's Pakistan can be seen through a eyes of a tourist around 330 picture there but problem few nude picture there too :p: @dexter
You should post the link here, so we may all enjoy the Pakistan before 90s here.

Back
Top Bottom