What's new

Pakistan assists India - offers Oxygen, ventilors and equipments

7EA67B05-B165-4F51-A91C-99CFA7649812.jpeg

Not true at all. I have been reading comments of Indians on different sites since past afew days and they have made me sick to the core. I'm lost at words to describe the hate those people have for us. For example look at this guys comments he posted on reddit. The fact that it has 10 upvotes tells alot about what common indians think.

View attachment 737380
That's exactly what I'm saying and not denying the fact that there are a handful of these folks on both sides. But what % do they account for our 1.3bn vs your 220mn population is really meagre. You can handpick such posts to come up with a counter argument but that is not the reality

and in reality we in Pakistan as per official statement by one of the minister could face oxygen shortage IF people of Pakistan don't follow Corona SOPs strictly ....
Our current rate of consumption of Medical Oxygen is 90%, which mean we do not have any access oxygen available in the country to donate .....

Yes that is what I thought. Pakistan should learn its lesson from India and prepare by stockpiling supplies.

That's exactly what I'm saying and not denying the fact that there are a handful of these folks on both sides. But what % do they account for our 1.3bn vs your 220mn population is really meagre. You can handpick such posts to come up with a counter argument but that is not the reality
Well then those peaceful people need to speak up.

Well then those peaceful people need to speak up.
You do know sensational statements/posts would make up headlines and garner interest rather than the other way around right. If it was some peaceful post which makes a logical sense, you wouldn't be posting that here in the first place

But what % do they account for our 1.3bn

the majority. the BJP voters. the ones that vote-in anti-muslim policies, anti-muslim politicians being elected and anti-islam rhetoric being spread openly on all channels (especially mainstream).

Don't support this offer at all. We shouldn't become Modi who exported essential supplies before taking care of his own citizens.

Look what the US is doing..
Agreed - not from a humanitarian aspect and we should do whatever we can, but to quote the announcement in aircraft “Please ensure your own oxygen mask is tightly secured before helping others”

It's a good gesture but I don't think the Indian government will accept this help since our ties aren't very strong with Pakistan and I'm sure if the situation had been reversed with India proposing to help Pakistan, Pakistan too wouldn't have taken the help. However, if our relations had been good, we wouldn't have thought twice and taken all the help that we could have.

Its more about the domestic politics. Extending help is not a problem for either sides. But India accepting help from Pakistan or Pakistan accepting help from India does not settle well with the domestic sentiments that have been cultivated in the two countries. You can probably sense that in some of the comments here from both sides. One feels belittled. This is all the more relevant with Modi & IK who have marketed themselves as bulwark against each other. The BJP is ideologically opposed to Pakistan, whereas IK climb the ladders of politics by suggesting Nawaz Sharif is in cohorts with India/Indians.

Back
Top Bottom