What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Why such a move to purchase a heavier tank all of sudden..
Also even with arterillery..i though we had enough m109s..we already have outdone them in this department ..
We can not match the enemy in numbers then should try match the firepower and try to take lead for information superiority ....

What about aps, vt4 suppose to have that, does our version have that too, it's the most defining features that makes it different from ak1 and other older tanks.

I'm sure there will be a couple of follow up orders in the laters years taking the VT-4 fleet to a 1,000 or close to.

Once we get our 300 tanks, we will make regular small batch purchases over time

If the AK2 had been completed quicker we would probably just gone with that

However because development time took so long and because things are dicey with the Indians we had to make a decision

I think the camo suggests first few are not for Pakistan. Would be interesting to see what camo the Pak version has. Also I think this tank has separate sights for commander and gunner, which will be a first for any Pak tank.

I think the camo suggests first few are not for Pakistan. Would be interesting to see what camo the Pak version has. Also I think this tank has separate sights for commander and gunner, which will be a first for any Pak tank.
I think Alkhalid do have seprate commander and gunner's sight.....
Do Confirm.

Alkhalid has separate sights for commander and gunner, day and night, TI and television channels, laser range finders.

Combined gunner sight

image012.jpg

Commander's panoramic sight with independent TV channel, night channel, laser range finder.

image236.jpg

What about aps, vt4 suppose to have that, does our version have that too, it's the most defining features that makes it different from ak1 and other older tanks.

No APS in the world provides 100% protection. Add the cost of these systems doesnt justify the questionable protection they provide. We bought a few Vartas and they were found wanting, though they are passive soft kill systems. The Oplot had Zaslon, while VT-4 has GL-5.

Not much is known about GL-5 APS, and it is a new system. Lets see what it comes with.

99% confirmed.

I think such huge deal is impossible to be foot by PA alone. Rumour is the Arabs are financing this this deal too. Maybe they are sick of Indian anti- Muslim stance recently. It's time to teach India a lesson.
Arabs are funding Sh*t at the moment for Pakistani Defence forces. Even the 2.5+2.5 Bn from KSA &UAE came with stringent strategic conditions which I can't disclose here. Pakistani Kids need to stop fantasising about Arabs Armring Pakistan to the Teeth to make it its Militray Muscle. Those days are long gone and Pakistan has been replaced by Egypt as the future Military Arab Bulwark against Non Arab Adversaries, But Egyptians play it Smart, Rip off the Arabs while stay on the side lines in Yemen. ZERO Ground Troops comitted for Yemen while at the same time Stationing One Division Plus Troops in Jeddah not even Jizan who get paid by the Saudis all for doing nothing, 30 Bn Plus in Direct Contracts for the Egyptian Military all paid up by the Saudis and Emaratis(I am not even discussing the Economic Support that goes in Tens of Billions). For what? For Showing symbolically that We are with you in Operation Decisive Storm by Stationing Troops(non combat role), One Squadron of F-16s for Lobbing Bombs at Aden and Sana and a few ships in Non Combat role for the Saudi Eastern fleet. That's how you make money. Not by embarrassing your Allied by tabling resolution in Parliament and getting it rejected by a majority when they ask you for support in a Government to Government direct support.

Isnot the army over playing its hand..
Performance wise atleast isnt alkhalid a match for t90..
Why such a move to purchase a heavier tank all of sudden..
Also even with arterillery..i though we had enough m109s..we already have outdone them in this department ..
I am more concerened about the airforce ..if
PAF budges then no tank or arterllery will save pak army

No bro not at all. The army faced a very lopsided armour shortage. The IA currently fields around 1,600 T-90'S, T-90MS's, that's a very large force, but also more importantly has quality with it, which made/makes it very dangerous.
The Al-Khalid of course is a match for the T-90 and our upgraded models with additional ERA and active protection systems are on par with the T-90MS, but again how many does the army field, around 600? It's just simply not enough.
The VT-4, especially with the numbers it is being inducted with gives the army a powerful punch and a tank which is superior in a fair few areas to what it faces. Artillery and troop transport are additions and can't simply substitute the workhorse of the battlefield nor blunt a concerted armoured push by the IA.
I thought PAF was doing quite well actually, I can't see any critical weaknesses.

Last edited:
Arabs are funding Sh*t at the moment for Pakistani Defence forces. Even the 2.5+2.5 Bn from KSA &UAE came with stringent strategic conditions which I can't disclose here. Pakistani Kids need to stop fantasising about Arabs Armring Pakistan to the Teeth to make it its Militray Muscle. Those days are long gone and Pakistan has been replaced by Egypt as the future Military Arab Bulwark against Non Arab Adversaries, But Egyptians play it Smart, Rip off the Arabs while stay on the side lines in Yemen. ZERO Ground Troops comitted for Yemen while at the same time Stationing One Division Plus Troops in Jeddah not even Jizan who get paid by the Saudis all for doing nothing, 30 Bn Plus in Direct Contracts for the Egyptian Military all paid up by the Saudis and Emaratis(I am not even discussing the Economic Support that goes in Tens of Billions). For what? For Showing symbolically that We are with you in Operation Decisive Storm by Stationing Troops(non combat role), One Squadron of F-16s for Lobbing Bombs at Aden and Sana and a few ships in Non Combat role for the Saudi Eastern fleet. That's how you make money. Not by embarrassing your Allied by tabling resolution in Parliament and getting it rejected by a majority when they ask you for support in a Government to Government direct support.

Would be worth disclosing some of those conditions so we and the future generations know what our leaders are up to and long term implications for the nation.

Back
Top Bottom